Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Ashley Judd's face

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore0101 View Post
    Her one eye brow does appear to be twice as long as the other.

I have taken steroids for a couple of weeks for bad allergies to bring down the nasal passage inflamation and I never got puffy. Maybe that's just me, or is she on a major dosage or something? I had always thought the puffy didn't happen until long term usage.

Sometimes my pug goes on steroids for a few weeks for bronchial issues, he's never gotten puffy either.
    You can puff really quickly if you are on a large dosage. But I noticed her face looking puffier on promos for her new show -- so how long has she been fighting this sinus infection/flu?

Looks like a fat graft to me.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

You can get a puffy face fairly quickly, at least from my experience. I've been on and off Prednisone for a few years due to Ulcerative Colitis. Pred. sucks, there's no other way to describe it. I usually get puffy in the face after a few weeks. Though, I'm usually up between 40-60mg/daily.

I thought her face looked like steroid puff when I first saw it. The rest of her looks mostly the same.

she's apparently saying the bloat is due to "flu", um, yeah sure
    didn't the public urinal claim that was the reason her lips were all bloated a while back ?

sure thing
    " We fucked up bigger and better than any generation that came before us. I'm a screw-up and I plan to be a screw-up until my late 20s, maybe even my early 30s."

^ no, she's saying it's from the medication used to treat it.

i think we now have about 4 threads where we cover her bloated face.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I have always loved her face. That's my idea of elegant beauty and she's photogenic. Even at the peak of Angelina's beauty her face seemed sort of gross to me, not like 'that's so gross', more like I don't like her facial proportions.

I wish they'd not say anything instead of lying, if she is lying. It doesn't look like PS to me. Her face is too distorted. Her figure looks different too but that may be age and where it's shifting. Should there be more cray cray in her future I won't be surprised. May she never go the way of Hunter Tylo.

^ I think she's beautiful as well. She may be batshit insane, but her face is gorgeous.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Ashley Judd Slams Media for "Nasty" and "Misogynistic" Comments About Her Puffy Face

Ashley Judd has blasted the media for its "pointedly nasty, gendered, and misogynistic" comments about her puffy face in recent weeks that set off rumors of plastic surgery and facial injections.

In a piece on The Daily Beast, the Missing star writes that the various reports on her appearance - which she says was the result of steroid medication for a month-long cold - was an "assault" on female body image. "The hypersexualization of girls and women and subsequent degradation of our sexuality as we walk through the decades, and the general incessant objectification is what this conversation allegedly about my face is really about," she writes.

Judd, 43, then outlines five "conclusions" that the media made about her after seeing her face, including that she "clearly had work done," and that she has gained weight and looks like a "cow" and a "pig" and "'better watch out' because my husband 'is looking for his second wife.'"

What angers Judd the most, however, is that the rumors were mostly initiated by women, which she calls "a sad and disturbing fact." "That women are joining in the ongoing disassembling of my appearance is salient," she says, lamenting that she too sometimes has commented on other women's looks.

"This abnormal obsession with women's faces and bodies has become so normal that we (I include myself at times - I absolutely fall for it still) have internalized patriarchy almost seamlessly," she writes. "We are unable at times to identify ourselves as our own denigrating abusers, or as abusing other girls and women."

Judd urges readers to stop "the insanity" and change the "conversation" about her face.

"I hope the sharing of my thoughts can generate a new conversation: Why was a puffy face cause for such a conversation in the first place?" she writes. "If this conversation about me is going to be had, I will do my part to insist that it is a feminist one, because it has been misogynistic from the start. ... Join in - and help change - the Conversation."

Ashley Judd Slams Media for "Nasty" and "Misogynistic" Comments About Her Puffy Face - seattlepi.com
    Go Habs Go!!

Don't want to be judged on your looks? Don't become an actor.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

^ No joke. She got where she is because of her looks and her name, but now it's "misogynistic" to notice such an obvious change in her appearance?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Yep, when she posed for photos like this it was all women's empowerment:

And who can forget that awful movie with Hugh Jackman where she did the splits in her underwear, all for the sake of artistry of course:

How dare anyone focus on her looks and not on her amazing talent and smarts.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Default Ashley Doth Protest Too Much...

...or so sez this columnist:

latimes.com

Ashley Judd protests too much

By Carla Hall
    3:10 PM PDT, April 10, 2012

It’s always amusing when celebrities are outraged over the media scrutiny (either from snoopy tabloids or snoopy mainstream publications) of their looks. And certainly women are judged more than men in this regard. Although that’s changing. Awhile back, tabloids went through a season of speculation over whether Michael Douglas had had a face lift. And who can forget the great fun that every outlet had with Nick Nolte’s wild-haired arrest mugshot? Some pundit even took the hallowed George Clooney to task for looking like he had been squeezed into his Armani tux at the Oscars. (Me, I didn’t notice.)

The latest outcry comes from Ashley Judd, whose recent puffy-faced appearance on a talk show set off a round of snarky ruminating over whether she had had too much "work" done. In the past, when stars got publicly pilloried with comments about their weight or photos of them looking porky on the beach, they generally responded with a brave "I like the way I look" or a defensive "Stop calling me fat!" -- as the headline in a People magazine story quoted Jennifer Love Hewitt saying in response to comments about unflattering shots of her.

But Judd took the debate further than just telling people to leave her alone -- her face was puffy because she was on steroids for an illness (although that is what she said, making it clear she had not had work done.) She wrote an online treatise about a misogynistic culture that degrades all women by objectifying and criticizing their bodies. She also made a good point that no reporter called her office to ask if she had had plastic surgery before speculating about that. I’m not sure how helpful her office would have been, but she’s right, someone should have made the call. She also, surprisingly, included other media comments she had seen that clucked about a weight gain. Her piece, though overwrought, seemed genuinely full of pain.

Having watched Judd in her new TV series “Missing,” I noticed that her face and her figure were a bit fuller than they had been and assumed that she had gained weight. She probably didn’t mean to. If you’re signing up for a TV or movie character that requires weight gain, you alert the media in advance so everyone knows this falling off of perfection was deliberate and for your craft. She didn’t do that.

In fact, her look -- and she’s still slender -- suits her role as a take-no-prisoners, butt-kicking former CIA agent searching for her kidnapped son. Sometimes, onscreen, she looks tired. Judd, who will be 44 next week, doesn’t look like the luminous sylph with jutting collarbones who swanned into a gala in an evening gown in the 1999 thriller “Double Jeopardy.” But who would after traipsing around the world, fighting evil people and still not getting your kid back?

No one would disagree with Judd that misogyny and sexism continue to exist around the globe -- women are burned with acid in Pakistan, Saudi women aren’t allowed to drive cars, and the Augusta National Golf Club appears to be holding firm to its Neanderthal policy of not inviting women to join the club. But gossip about whether an actress has tinkered with her face or gained some weight doesn’t rise to that level. Nor does it reflect some insidious evil in our society that we ogle, envy or scorn the faces and bodies of people plastered across our television and movie screens.

Judd is a successful, famous actress who has talent and beauty (yes, still) and has used both to her advantage. Her appearance was objectively on the table when she got leading roles in movies, scored cosmetics campaigns and appeared on the covers of fashion magazines. When Judd or any other actor -- male or female -- strolls down a red carpet in thousands of dollars of borrowed clothes and jewels, they’ve been objectified into a powerful advertisement for the designers who bedeck them. For Judd to be outraged that the same public that is awed by her looks -- a currency for her -- will chortle about cracks in the glossy facade seems to indicate she doesn’t understand how the game she signed up for, and has prospered from, is played. Interestingly, there is a bit of fairness in this brutal game: Only the beautiful are picked on. The stars who seem to be given a pass are the ones who start out with a deficit -- no homely or truly overweight actress is ever trashed on the red carpet. And if they do choose an outfit that manages to make them look decent, they are fervently applauded by fashion critics.

I don’t blame Ashley Judd for being hurt by the comments. But it comes with the business that both makes and breaks celebrities. Jennifer Love Hewitt seemed to best express this when she told the Los Angeles Times’ Amy Kaufman that “part of our job as actors is to be eye candy.”

Wow. JLH actually said something sensible??
    http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...83,print.story
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I never saw Ashley stick up for good old fat Wynonna
    sweetness and greysfang like this.

fgg

Ashley Judd Slams Reaction to Her Puffy Face as 'Woman Hating'

Ashley Judd says the generally horrified reaction last month to her puffy face, caused by the medication she was taking for a sinus infection, is a sad commentary on our society's obsession with appearance.

"I think it's hatred of women that invites the criticism," the Missing actress, 43, said Wednesday on NBC's Nightly News, with additional comments on Thursday's Today show. "I think it's the objectification of girls and women and this hypersexualization of our society that invites the criticism."

She added: "It doesn't have anything to do with me, really, and how I look."

Judd says the reaction to her appearance was swift and negative. "There was no presumption of goodwill," she says. "The conversation went straight to, 'Oh my gosh.' "

Particularly galling, besides the "nasty, vitriolic and gloating tone," she added, was the speculation that she'd had plastic surgery.

"I started to catch the double bind where, you know, my face looks puffy, 'She's had work,' you know?" Judd says. "And then, look at the same image in a different interpretation by a separate set of people is, 'Oh, come on, she doesn't even have any wrinkles at all, she's clearly had work.' So, I look bad, I've had work. I look too good, I've had work."

Judd made many of the same points earlier this week in an op-ed column in the Daily Beast.

In that piece, she said she decided to address this incident "because the conversation was pointedly nasty, gendered, and misogynistic and embodies what all girls and women in our culture, to a greater or lesser degree, endure every day, in ways both outrageous and subtle."
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

She made her living off her looks and now she is trying to be the poster child for womens lib cause they criticized her. I didn't see her sticking up for her fat sister Wynonna when she got criticized (regularly)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information