Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The magical JK Rowling is holding back the years

Default The magical JK Rowling is holding back the years

She has conjured up a bewildering array of spells though seven volumes of Harry Potter.

So perhaps we should not be entirely surprised to discover that JK Rowling has also undergone a magical transformation of her own.
    The 42-year-old author appeared to have mastered some kind of vanishing trick as she stepped out in London this week. Scroll down for more ...
    JK Rowling: Looking dull in 2000 and presenting a fresh, youthful face on Tuesday

Gone were the lines on her forehead and around her eyes, the dappled skin and jowly appearance she had when she first won success seven years ago.
    Replacing all that - as these pictures show - has come the face of a woman who could quite easily have been more than a decade younger.
    The features are markedly more chiselled, the chin more sculptured, the eyes wider and brighter and the whole skin now appears to be vibrant and perky, lifted up from where it was hanging tiredly down seven years ago.
    Two leading plastic surgeons looked at the pictures yesterday.
    Neither said they thought she had been under the knife - but instead had benefitted from great make-up.
    Mr Alex Karidis said: "If you look at her eyelids, she still has this huge flap on skin in the new shots which was there in the old ones.
    "You would have thought that had she had something down to her face, she certainly would have had that done. "The nose-to-mouth lines she has are also quite deep still. She may well have had skin treatment like lasers or skin-peels. But the main thing to say here is that she is wearing a tremendous amount of make-up."
    The second, Dr Lucy Glancey said: "I do not think the treatments are surgical. I am sure that fillers have been injected here.
    "First, in the tear troughs in the corner of the eyes which reduce the baggy-look of the eyes. It's like having an eye lift. She has had cheek augmentation injections and also injections in the nose-to-mouth lines.
    "I would say she has also had a chemical peel to get that great smooth skin. It's difficult to tell whether she has had botox or not."
    A friend of Rowling's gave a better insight into what was behind her transformed looks: "She does not have a personal trainer but is extraordinarily disciplined and self-motivated, jogging and doing yoga and pilates at home. She has been known to do upto three hours a day.
    "She used to have fry-ups in the morning, to drink and swill back coffee.
    "She would be heavier and her skin was worse and her eyes were not so bright, she felt lethargic.
    "Now she says she feels a million dollars.
    "She has cut out all saturated fats, E-numbers and red meat from her diet. She has cut right back on drink but will have a glass of champagne at an event. And she also just loves to dance.
    "She may have had a bit of botox - who hasn't after all. And she is also keen on non-surgical face-lifts called caci treatments - which is basically putting electrical current through the skin on your face to stimulate the muscles.
    "But the main thing for her is that she believes in good make-up, applied professionally."
    JK Rowling is currently labouring over the plot of her next book - a crime thriller.
    Her last, the final instalment of Harry Potter, was released earlier this year. But a friend said: "She is concerned how her legions of young fans might take this new book. She would like to write a measure of violence and sex into it - but is worried whether that will alienate all those Potter fanatics."

The magical JK is Rowling back the years | the Daily Mail

Definitely looks like Botox, but she's also wearing a lot of makeup in the second pic.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Too much makeup. She looked better in the first pic. She looks waxy and strange in the second.

Botox. Eyelid/Brow lift. That's all I can tell. Agreed on the too much makeup.

the lighting is completely different.. no way to tell
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

She seems to have the Paris Hilton wonk eye now too!
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

One photo is airbrushed and the other isn't, which also accounts for the difference. I think she'd look better somewhere in between the two pics. And yes on the wonk!

just looks like she got someone else to do her makeup for her and went to a salon rather then doing a home bleachjob. Lighting is totally different as well.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Is that what she looks like? I have never seen her before.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

Home vs. Professional=Difference

As Grimm said, the lighting is completely different and the second pic does look airbrushed.

When airbrushed, I appear to be very slim and 25.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

Isn't the wonk in her eye caused by badly applied botox?? It wears off after a while though and the eye goes back to normal.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

Well if I had all kinds of money I might do some stuff to look younger too. She looks good in both pics. And not "jowly" at all. Geez!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I think she sort of looks like a death mask. It's one thing to look youthful, it's another thing to look like inhuman and waxy. Yuck.

She looks better in the first picture. She just looks more natural.

She looked better in the old picture, ihmo.
    This is a dull article anyway: she's a writer, who cares about her looks? The Daily Mail should find something more interesting to talk about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information