Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'I've spent 226k on surgery but I still can't get a Hollywood part,' says Demi Moore

Default 'I've spent 226k on surgery but I still can't get a Hollywood part,' says Demi Moore

She once spent more than 220,000 on a head-to-toe surgical makeover to make herself look younger.

But four years later - and having failed to secure the string of big-money parts she had presumably hoped to win - Demi Moore has decided to speak out against ageism in Hollywood.
    The 44-year-old told a magazine: "It's been a challenging few years, being the age I am. Almost to the point where I felt like, well, they don't know what to do with me. I am not 20. Not 30.
    "There aren't that many good roles for women over 40. A lot of them don't have much substance, other than being someone's mother or wife."
    Scroll down for more...

Miss Moore's comments are particularly unexpected given her own somewhat bullish attitude to holding back the years.
    After a string of flops in the 1990s, she took a career break, during which time she met her current husband, 29-year-old Ashton Kutcher.
    Miss Moore then returned to the screen in 2003's Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, emerging from the sea in a skimpy bikini which showed off the results of a cosmetic surgery spending spree.
    As well as breast implants, collagen injections and liposuction on her hips, thighs and stomach, she had a 5,000 procedure to lift the sagging skin on her knees.
    She also employed an army of advisers - including a nutritionist, personal trainer, yoga teacher and kick-boxing coach.
    But since then she has appeared in just two films, Bobby and Half Light, with two more scheduled for release this autumn.
    In the same time, her ex-husband and the father of her three children, 52-year-old Bruce Willis, has appeared in 13 films, including the action thriller Live Free Or Die Hard.
    Miss Moore, who once commanded an estimated $12million a film, told Red magazine she wanted to overturn the belief that juicy roles should not be given to older actresses.
    Scroll down for more...
    Pre and post surgery: Demi looks as young as ever after plastic surgery, but has found it hard to get the acting roles

"If we are told we are not valuable once we hit 30, it is a problem," she said. "We all have more to give.
    "We can't just wait for something to happen. We have to say, 'I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more'."
    Scroll down for more...
    Demi with her 29-year-old husband Ashton Kutcher

Miss Moore is latest in a string of older actress to complain of ageism in Hollywood.
    Sharon Stone, 49, once said: "When I went to the Oscars, it was like, 'Oh, there's been an archeological dig and look what we've found, a 40-year-old'."
    British actress Charlotte Rampling also condemned the treatment of actresses of a certain age. The 61-year- old said: "The system in Europe is nothing like in Hollywood. It is not so barbaric in terms of the ageing process."

'I've spent 226k on plastic surgery but I still can't get a Hollywood part,' says Demi | the Daily Mail

Heh. It's true. She made her "comeback" in the second Charlie's Angels, and nothing after that.

At least it wasn't as embarrassing as Brit's comeback.

Anyway, why does she need a comeback? She's swimming in money and doesn't have to do anything? If I had her life that's what I'd do. I'd do nothing.

IMO she's not getting roles because she's too old for the "leading lady" roles and not talented enough for the substantial, more mature roles. After a certain age, you have to have the talent to back up your looks if you want to stay competitive in this industry, and Demi doesn't have it.

Did it occur to her that she could have spent that money on acting lessons instead? That might have helped with those parts she's not getting.

^^True, and I'm sure the powers that be in Hollywood have a long memory when it comes to her former behavior. She was a pain in the ass diva and untalented to boot.

She was an absolute monster on the set of the Scarlet Letter and insisted that Nathaniel Hawthorne's novel have a happy ending for the movie. It was a flop that looked good on her.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

whatta loser!

And what, how good you look should get you roles? Oh of course, it's not about TALENT anymore.

Can you really blame her? She lives in a world that is so vapid it's bother line
    scary, i guess she thought by investing more on her looks than talent she will
    make a come back.
    It seems it's more about the look than actual talent that matters most in hollyweird.

Has anyone EVER considered Demi a good enough actress to carry a role with substance? I mean, in a flick where she didn't have a supporting cast of TALENTED people?? (i.e. the "Brat Pack" days)
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'd take the bitching about ageism much more seriously if it wasn't coming from someone who spent a half-million on plastic surgery, who is married to a HOT actor half her age.

Ageism my ass. Looks like she's living the fine life. She should just shut up and go make babies with Ashton and be happy with cameos here and there.

Hit By Ban Bus!

how many years has ashton been 29? i mean like seriously.

she probably has read for roles but won't take any that don't portray her as a hot piece of ass- i mean why else do you think she got all that surgery. she wont play mom or older woman roles i bet. it's all in her head - she can't accept she's older in hollywood.

she should have started lying about her age years and years ago. like when she was in those eighties movies she should have said she was 9 years old with really big bones.

She looks really good but she can't act. Perhaps she also looks too young for the parts she could get? One thing is a Hollywood star looking like she does - but the parts she might play wouldn't look like that, I imagine.
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

she cant act, and her voice is irritating.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Gee Demi, I would guess that starring in shitty movies like "Striptease" don't really help the career either, eh?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information