Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Noomi Rapace's Cheekbones

Default Noomi Rapace's Cheekbones

I went to go see Prometheus last night, and saw a lady with big cheeks. I have never heard of her before, so I decided to look her up. Has she done anything to her face? Her cheeks look very odd.

"Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

A quick image search tells me she's always had those cheekbones, but may'be she's lost weight.

Honey, I ain't seein' nuthin'.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Ok, I just wasn't sure. She reminds me of people who get fillers, or impants or something. Okie,
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I could be wrong, but I think those are real. They looked that way in the Swedish Dragon Tattoo movies and she was really skinny in those.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Ok, I just wasn't sure. She reminds me of people who get fillers, or impants or something. Okie,
    Actually I think the opposite, she looks like someone with naturally high cheekbones ie what people who get fillers/implants THINK they look like.
    Novice likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I've always found her cheeks really odd looking and puffy, more like a squirrel than defined cheekbones. She has looked like that for ages but sometimes it looks more than at other times (I could be mistaken). If I can be fucked I'll look for pics.

edit: I think it might be a combination of big cheeks and small mouth, nose, and eyes which from some angles can make the cheeks look 'off' and more puffy/big than they actually are.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

I was so distracted by her face in both Prometheus and Sherlock Holmes 2. I can't put my finger on it but it's a combination of her cheeks and nose. It didn't bother me in Dragon Tattoo so I wonder if she's made a few little tweaks since.

She looks so much like Kat Von D to me that I get distracted when watching her and that's all I can think about.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jezi View Post
    A quick image search tells me she's always had those cheekbones, but may'be she's lost weight.
    No when you lose weight you cheeks REDUCE, and she was rail thin already. I was a big fan of Naoomi Repace in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Then I went to see PRometheus and almost fell over. I sat there thinking, what did she do to herself?! She looks like Mickey Rourke's sister. She when from having a narrow face face with high cheekbones to looking like Leona Helmsley! If she hasn't had plastic surgery, I'll eat a cup of black squirming goo. Horrible! What are these actresses thinking?!
    Last edited by Justthefacts; June 15th, 2012 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
    No when you lose weight you cheeks REDUCE, and she was rail thin already. I was a big fan of Naoomi Repace in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Then I went to see PRometheus and almost fell over. I sat there thinking, what did she do to herself?! She looks like Mickey Rourke's sister. She when from having a narrow face face with high cheekbones to looking like Leona Helmsley! If she hasn't had plastic surgery, I'll eat a cup of black squirming goo. Horrible! What are these actresses thinking?!

No, when you lose weight you lose fat off the face which makes the cheekbones more pronounced. She's always had very high and sharp cheekbones, now her face seems to have hollowed out even more.

FYI I naturally have the kind of cheekbones madonna and other celebs have paid thousands for, and they look just as ridiculous on me (but not as fake).
    They get really sharp and pronounced when I lose weight.

Her face looked really off in Sherlock Holmes, I thought she looked awful. Maybe it shows up more on film than in pics? Maybe she added a little something to her face after hitting Hollywood? In most of the pics on google she looks normal, in Sherlock Holmes and Prometheus she has puffy pillow face.

edit: and I don't think the change is just cheekbones and losing weight. Her face looks puffier rather than more defined. I have high prominent cheekbones and when I smile get a slightly similar effect to her, but she has chipmunk face even when not smiling and it looks unnatural. Maybe she has naturally huge cheek muscles? But I doubt it. They're massive even when not smiling and seem to vary a bit.

And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

I know some Scandinavians with similar faces and I always wondered if it was to do with Saami ancestry.
    Maybe Noomi's mother has Saami blood.

Maybe it has something to do with losing a lot of weight - for her role in the girl with the dragon tattoo she had to be underweight - and then gaining the weight again?
    I don't think she had plastic surgery on her face, especially when looking on recent pictures.
    -

I saw Prometheus this weekend and now I think she had cheek implants. I kept looking closely at shots of her in profile and I don't know but they just don't look natural.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information