Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mummy Tummy/Skin

Red face Mummy Tummy/Skin

I thought I would post this question in here, opposed to random advice just to stick with the theme.

From the time I was pregnant with twins, I said I wanted a tummy tuck. My sister's friend (she also had twins) had one and is very happy with the results. I have leftover skin from my pregnancy that makes it look like I have very localised fat. When I'm in a bathing suit you can tell it is pretty much just skin, but then the stretch marks are awful looking.

All I want is that skin to be tight! I could handle the stretch marks if it at least meant the skin was tighter.
    I also have very narrow hips, so any little bulge above my hips stands out a lot.

I see people in this forum bring up surgeries I never knew the name of, so I got the impression the GR posters are very well informed on this type of stuff.

Is a tummy tuck basically the only procedure for this type of issue?

This is me...

How old are the twins? I can recall having a similar tummy at the time my son was 2, yet it was long gone by the time he was 4.
    Still, if it bothers you, see a plastic surgeon (the one your friend used) at least for a consult. He/she might have some suggestions. I keep seeing some kind of heat/cold laser that does tricks, but really do not understand how it works.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

czb

hi, dallison. my stomach looks very similar to yours, but without the stretch marks (not sure why i don't have any). it is just loose skin, i don't know of any treatment except for a tummy tuck. when i was pregnant, i was convinced that i would need a tummy tuck. but now, i don't feel like going through a major abdominal surgery is worth it. i belong to a mom board and i've read the posts of women who did go through with tummy tucks, it sounds like their stomachs were probably in worse shape than ours. they were all happy with the result. it is a really personal decision, but if you feel strongly about getting one, you should probably just see a local plastic surgeon for a consult and see what they say about recovery and the results you can expect. your ob/gyn should be able to recommend one. but i also agree with mcjag, my stomach went flatter after the girls were 3. doing side planks definitely helped build up the muscle but there is nothing you can do about the loose skin outside of surgery. good luck with whatever you choose.

I am trying laser lipo in the next couple of weeks. It's supposed to help for problems exactly like yours, and mine. I will let you know how it goes.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

czb

^^^ louis, so you have loose skin or fat + loose skin??

I'm your typical 39 year old mother with 3 kids. It doesn't bounce back like it used to. I've also had 3 c-sections, so I have a permanent "shelf" in my tummy area. You have to have an inch of fat to work with (that's not an issue) but it's not for extremely overweight people. I have a client who's just starting this procedure, so we've worked out a deal where it's free for me in exchange for my testimonial/story. It's not "plastic surgery" but it's as close as you can get without going under the knife. She said it's not overly painful that will take you out of your normal activities, but you will feel sore like you've gotten a workout of a lifetime.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Thanks for the comments!

My twins will be 4 in two weeks. Those pictures are from last year, but my stomach looks the same. My s/o would tell me just to work out (in a loving way, I promise lol) because he didn't "get" that it was just skin. But when I had him watch me work out and do planks, he'd see my whole stomach tighten up, I had clear definition everywhere else... and then that skin just hung there.

I didn't get stretch marks until just a couple weeks before I had the kids. Thought I was free and clear... then they hit fast!

Thanks for the laser suggestion. That's kind of what I was hoping to here, something that would work on skin but not as harsh as a tummy tuck.

czb

so the laser procedure helps with loose skin and stretch marks?? hmm i would be interested in hearing as it goes, too. i already had a c/s and the thought of another major abdominal surgery is frightening.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I have a client who's just starting this procedure, so we've worked out a deal where it's free for me in exchange for my testimonial/story.
    you are going to let someone do a tummy tuck on you that's just starting out on the procedure? am i reading this right? that sounds like a horrible idea, no offense. we've all seen tara reid's stomach...
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Bronze Member

It's not "plastic surgery" but it's as close as you can get without going under the knife.

hmm i would be interested in hearing as it goes,
    Last edited by Tati; July 18th, 2012 at 07:58 AM.

Such an adorable figure under that judge's cape!

Having seen two lipo's up close and on slender women, I don't think it's the most successful procedure to date.

Two friends had lipo - one was four years after her second child at 40. She wanted a little resculpting on upper outer thigh. She's 5'4, size 6, pear shape. The fat traveled and she got concave outer thighs. Looks slim in jeans, bad nude.

Other friend had a tiny bit of lipo right below her navel from her 5' 1" size 4 figure. The doctor took some fat to add to her upper breast area post cancer. She said she could see if she put on weight how the fat would surround the area, but the area would stay the same. That's the fat traveling thing. The lipo'd area is hard, or firm you'd say.

A*O

I don't see how laser treatment can tighten loose skin? Once the elasticity is gone, it's gone. If dalison doesn't have any fat to remove (and she doesn't dammit) then lipo isn't going to do much either. I'd go and see a GOOD plastic surgeon and ask for a realistic assessment, not a sales pitch.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Are you going to have anymore children? If so, wait on the tummy tuck. I don't think you look bad at all. I have that too and still wore a bikini at the beach. I was comfortable in my skin, but now I am 40 lbs overweight it look baaaad. lol. So the only way it is going to go is if you get surgery, but wait until you are finished birthin babies!

Nope, no more kids for me! I'm quite happily done.
    I had to go to physio for an unrelated issue, but while the physiotherapist was going over different muscles she commented how separated the muscles in my stomach are. She said while it's normal for someone to have had twins to have a separation of the muscles (I can't remember the exact name of the muscles she was talking about), she said mine are especially far apart. Basically, I'll never have a natural six pack haha

I just don't want that bulge that I can't get rid of.

I would suggest looking into thermage to tighten and v-beam for any red marks, there is another laser for white marks. A TT will leave a large scar and you look great as is, so go for minimally invasive!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information