Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By faithanne
  • 2 Post By Sasha
  • 2 Post By Laurent
  • 3 Post By Grimmlok

Thread: Would you have a toe job?

Default Would you have a toe job?

Would you have a toe job? Women resort to cosmetic surgery to withstand pain of high heels

By Maysa Rawi
    PUBLISHED: 12:10 GMT, 25 April 2012 |
    UPDATED: 12:12 GMT, 25 April 2012

With celebrities these days favouring heels as high as seven inches, it seems there is no respite for the fashion-conscious looking to emulate their look.

But while the likes of Victoria Beckham and Colleen Rooney will rarely stand on their feet all day, the same cannot be said for mere mortals.
    So rather than withstand the pain - or forego skyscraper stillettos - women across the country are resorting to more extreme measures to ensure their feet are high-heel friendly.

For the love of high heels: Cheryl Cole, Coleen Rooney and Victoria Beckham are fans of skyscraper stilettos - but rarely have to stand for long periods of time

Less than a pair of Louboutins: The treatment, costs from £320 and results can last up to 6 months

The number of cosmetic procedures performed on the feet have doubled in the last year, new research has revealed.

Enquiries by women requesting dermal filler injections into the toe pads, heels and balls of the feet have soared 21%, double the same time last year.
    The virtually painless procedure takes around 20 minutes and creates a pillow effect on the foot - eliminating the common burning sensation associated with wearing high heels

The treatment, administered by an experienced practitioner, costs from £320 (less than a pair of Louboutins) and results can last up to 6 months.
    Collagen - a natural protein found in skin tissue - breaks down over time and can be replenished with injections which 'fill out' the skin.

It does not need to be removed or altered once it has been injected, and slight side effects tend to last less than 48 hours.
    Shami Thomas, Spokesperson for Transform Cosmetic Surgery Group said: 'Skyscraper heels are becoming ever more popular with the likes of Victoria Beckham and Cherly Cole stepping out in towering stilettos on a daily basis and British women are continuing to copy the look.'

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

of all the stupid effing things to be self-conscious about, my toes are really far down on the list

Or they could just buy some gel cushions. Idiots.
    Brookie likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Yep, we sell gel cushions for about $5/package. A little cheaper; same effect.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Or don't wear fucking high as hell heels all day and night.

You might be surprised (or not) at how many women who shop at our store who cannot wear heels/pumps anymore because they fucked up their feet doing it when they were younger. I've never seen so many bunions, crooked toes, people who have had corrective surgery on their feet in my entire life. I must hear "I have weird feet/I can't wear heels anymore/these shoes are ugly but they feel good" about 10 times a day, not exaggerating. Your feet WILL exact revenge on you sooner or later.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hit By Ban Bus!

I thought this was sexual until I saw it was in the plastic surgery forum.

But either way, no.
    Bluebonnet and darksithbunny like this.

I injured my feet while on active duty. I can really feel for these women. Those over the counter products do nothing to help me. When your feet hurt as much as mine, you will try anything to get it to stop. Some extra cushion in the toe area might not be so bad. I have shoe insert that I get from the VA that cost around $500. The store bought ones just don't work. I can only imagine what their feet must go through. I haven't even ever wore high heels. These women are screwing up their feet for fashion but extra padding in the toe area may help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I thought this was sexual until I saw it was in the plastic surgery forum.

But either way, no.
    Yeah, I totally thought this was about having your toes sucked until I clicked. I was prepared to give my opinion on that.
    Sasha and chartreuse like this.

I think I’ll just stick to my kitten heels.

mjw
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Yeah, I totally thought this was about having your toes sucked until I clicked. I was prepared to give my opinion on that.
    I did too. My first thought was Quentin Tarantino definitely would.

Stop wearing shoes that destroy your feet
    faithanne, dowcat and McJag like this.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Same here.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Thread Information