Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zoe Kravitz: Wild Child?

Default Re: Zoe Kravitz: Wild Child?

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL
    Not really, not totally. I didn't have to take a puff on a cancerstick to know it wasn't for me. The godaweful smell and stained teeth and fingers of my peers was enough of a turnoff for me.
    I know, but I used the word 'many' not 'all'

Quote Originally Posted by bella
    I know, but I used the word 'many' not 'all'
    LOL, are you also working in the field of Justice by any chance?

You also added
    it's harder to make the decisions about those kind of things without having tried it first.
    which is kind of a blanket statement that really isn't true. If everybody would use common sense as their leader instead of peer pressure or being fashionable, first hand experimenting would not be necessary at all to decide whether one should take up a (bad) habit.

When I still drank the occasional drop of alcohol, it was only at parties and never more than a sip here or there. I really never liked the taste of it, so I guess I was blessed that way.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Well, good for you and everyone else who hasn't been seduced by alcohol and cigarettes. It's a fact; most teens do try them. I'm not a teen anymore, so I don't really care, was just trying to point that out I do still believe that most decisions should be informed, and a bit of experiementation when you're young is quite often not a bad thing.

Well, good for you and everyone else who hasn't been seduced by alcohol and cigarettes. It's a fact; most teens do try them. I'm not a teen anymore, so I don't really care, was just trying to point that out I do still believe that most decisions should be informed, and a bit of experiementation when you're young is quite often not a bad thing.
    About as often as it is.

***** celeb

I understand it is pathetic to act as your peers do, and it is silly to get drunk and smoke underage, and it can lead to bad experiences.

Nevertheless a teenager experiencing a bit of a drink and smoke is not big news and never will be.

Exactly!

Eh, if she's 17, I don't see a problem. I'm 15, and have been drinking for years, it's just recently that I quit, because I have a bit more common sense than my peers. Never smoked though, don't see the appeal.
    2 years...

I agree that you don't have to try these things to be able to make a decision on them, but children/teenagers don't see it that way. They see their friends doing it and they're curious so they try it. Then atleast if they hate it they know that and the curiosity will be over.

You're lucky HWBL, I wish I was strong enough not to try the things my friends did, it'd be nice to be able to say I never touched a cigarette or drank so much alcohol but I did. I wouldn't say I regretted it though. I'm actually quite proud of myself for getting through it all without carrying it on. My friends all hated smoking too, who doesn't? whats nice about it??? But they carried it on because they wanted so badly to be accepted, then they got addicted and now they still smoke!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

exactly. different people, different needs of course. personally, i think you regret the things you don't do more than the ones you do, and even if they're dumb, there's always a lesson to be learned and even if there isn't, it's something to tell your grandchildren about...
    good for you if you're not into drinking or smoking, but that's not the case for a lot of people. i drank and did stupid things as a teenager, and i used to smoke cigarettes. i gave up 4 years ago, but i won't pretend there isn't pleasure involved in smoking. i still sort of miss a cigarette with my coffee. as for all the other stuff, i think adolescence is when you experiment with drugs and naughty behaviour, and as you grow up you learn to do things in moderation. sure, there's always the risk of becoming addicted or dying, but that's life. i could also be a straight arrow and get run over by a bus tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss
    Eh, if she's 17, I don't see a problem. I'm 15, and have been drinking for years, it's just recently that I quit, because I have a bit more common sense than my peers. Never smoked though, don't see the appeal.

I'm glad you saw the light early. Statistics show that overall teenage drinking is dramatically up for girls especially.

***** celeb

^^ I totally agree!

Well done on quitting smoking Sputnik, I've never been addicted but I understand how hard it must be. My bf quite about a year ago and I dunno about him getting ratty, I felt like smacking the moody little shit!! I was patient with him though, now he says quitting its the best thing he ever did.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Bronze Member

Shes hot

I did this sort of thing when I was 17, but. . .

I wasn't famous and even I wasn't stupid enough to let people take pictures of me with a Marlboro and a 40.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL
    I'm glad you saw the light early. Statistics show that overall teenage drinking is dramatically up for girls especially.
    Yeah, especially bingeing, which is what most teens seem to do while drinking.
    2 years...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information