Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 146

Thread: Victoria Beckham goes shopping with her children in L.A. (02/14/07)

  1. #61
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    30,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NHKMM View Post
    Like you f*cking know her. Dear god.
    And you do? I've obviously touched a raw nerve here among our Posh Posse. I had no idea the dumb twat has so many loyal admirers. Still, it takes one to know one I guess.

    As for the charities, she 'supports' them. Fine. So do I. So why does she need to post her 'achievements' on a special "Hey Look At the Charities Wot I Support" website?

    However, since she bought a sick kiddie a new wheelchair I offer my apologies for doubting all the magnificent, selfless work she does.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

    Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

  2. #62
    Elite Member NHKMM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    2,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I had no idea the dumb twat has so many loyal admirers.
    I hardly admire her or care about her. I just don't HATE someone I f*cking DON'T KNOW.

  3. #63
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    30,452

    Default

    Jesus H - So this is about semantics? Of course I don't literally 'hate' her, just like I don't literally 'love' Johnny Depp (who I've never met either). If English is not your first language then I understand how you might miss my intended meaning. If you just want to pick a fight over a figure of speech then go ahead and make a fool of yourself.

    For those who need remedial English Language assistance this might help. I have highlighted the relevant part for you.

    hate

    verb (past and past participle hat·ed, present participle hat·ing, 3rd person present singular hates)

    Definition:

    1. transitive verb dislike somebody or something intensely: to dislike somebody or something intensely, often in a way that evokes feelings of anger, hostility, or animosity

    2. transitive and intransitive verb have strong distaste for something: to have strong distaste or aversion for something, somebody, or something that has to be done
    I hate this show; it's so boring.
    I hate to say it, but I know we're going to lose.
    Some people seem to have been born to hate
    I love (ie, enjoy, like) the irony of this bit:

    often in a way that evokes feelings of anger, hostility, or animosity
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

    Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

  4. #64
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,621

    Default

    I have to admit I've always liked Victoria. I'm not sure why so many people despise her. She seems like a great Mom and I think she comes across as quite pleasant in any interviews I've seen. The boys are adorable. They'll definitely be heartbreakers.

    As bad as the papparazi is in America, I think the family will find them a lot more tolerable than the London press who are notorious for how they stalk celebrities.

  5. #65
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11,682

    Default

    A*O's opinion about VBeck does not make her look like a fool, even though I don't necessarily completely agree with her on this issue. A lot of celebs pick an issue because their accountant and tax people tell them to.

    We have no proof one way or the other that VBeck is just showing up while inwardly yawning her head off, or whether she's really into it. Personally, I believe it's more the former than the latter, except when it comes to issues that affect her son. But then again, that would be (mostly) normal and completely expected.
    Last edited by Mira; February 18th, 2007 at 04:17 PM.

  6. #66
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    23,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sappysue View Post
    If you read other peoples replies I think you will find not very many people are backing you up therefore the only person making a fool of themselves and showing other people what a ugly person they are is you. You asked for proof they do stuff for charity and someone posted it. Everything you have said has made you look like a fool. By the way I mean ugly on the inside Im not into judging people on their looks! I hope to god you are just a stupid teenager
    This is a gossip board, FFS! You yourself are making judgments on someone based on what they want you to know about them, just as much as we are.

    I still think Victoria is an ignorant cow.

    You, however, should not come over here and make comments about people being fools who have been posting here for quite some time.

  7. #67
    Elite Member Picara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Jesus H - So this is about semantics? Of course I don't literally 'hate' her, just like I don't literally 'love' Johnny Depp (who I've never met either). If English is not your first language then I understand how you might miss my intended meaning. If you just want to pick a fight over a figure of speech then go ahead and make a fool of yourself.

    For those who need remedial English Language assistance this might help. I have highlighted the relevant part for you.



    I love (ie, enjoy, like) the irony of this bit:
    A*O don't you know? You can't debate with fantards. There's no reasoning with them. They will defend their beloved idol until you have to rip their keyboard from their cold, dead hands. Insert heavy sarcasm: You MUST love Posh or something is SERIOUSLY wrong with YOU!

    I loathe Miss Piggy...er Posh. When you look up "famewhore" you will see her porcine face. ::shudders::

    And yeah, as another poster wrote up thread, while I don't agree with infidelity, in David's case, it's perfectly understandable.

  8. #68
    Elite Member bella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,445

    Default

    FYI: The 'fantard' debate is just as tiresome and uninventive as the 'jealous' debate.

  9. #69
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    30,452

    Default

    Well I have no idea what's going on now. Did the Mods delete the predictable insults or was it the person who wrote it? I realise now that I've upset another sub-group of fantards and agree it's totally pointless trying to have any kind of reasoned debate with people whose lives are so boring and empty they have to live vicariously through worshipping a stupid anorexic 'celebrity'. But I'm not going to be too hard on them because it's only natural for teenagers to have crushes on people they've never met. So instead I'll add a few more people to my Ignore list and life will go on.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

    Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

  10. #70
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11,682

    Default

    Yep, deleted because my post above doesn't make sense. Yawn.

  11. #71
    Elite Member Picara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Well I have no idea what's going on now. Did the Mods delete the predictable insults or was it the person who wrote it? I realise now that I've upset another sub-group of fantards and agree it's totally pointless trying to have any kind of reasoned debate with people whose lives are so boring and empty they have to live vicariously through worshipping a stupid anorexic 'celebrity'. But I'm not going to be too hard on them because it's only natural for teenagers to have crushes on people they've never met. So instead I'll add a few more people to my Ignore list and life will go on.
    Ignore, it's a wonderful thing!

  12. #72
    Elite Member Picara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bella View Post
    FYI: The 'fantard' debate is just as tiresome and uninventive as the 'jealous' debate.
    Come on. I'm a HUGE fan of Kate Winslet. Do you see me in the Kate Winslet Looks like a Prune thread calling posters names who *gasp* dare to critisize my beloved Kate? Nope, because this is a gossip board. People slam celebrities. The people who resort to personal insults when their idols are critisized are fantards. I love Kate, but it doesn't affect me personally when someone writes derogatory things about her. It shouldn't bother Posh fans either, unless they've taken their admiration to the level of fantard.

  13. #73
    Elite Member bella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I realise now that I've upset another sub-group of fantards and agree it's totally pointless trying to have any kind of reasoned debate with people whose lives are so boring and empty they have to live vicariously through worshipping a stupid anorexic 'celebrity'.
    I assume the way they see it though is that your life is so boring and empty that you spend your time bashing and hating another 'stupid anorexic celebrity'. It's the same thing.

  14. #74
    Elite Member bella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    Come on. I'm a HUGE fan of Kate Winslet. Do you see me in the Kate Winslet Looks like a Prune thread calling posters names who *gasp* dare to critisize my beloved Kate? Nope, because this is a gossip board. People slam celebrities. The people who resort to personal insults when their idols are critisized are fantards. I love Kate, but it doesn't affect me personally when someone writes derogatory things about her. It shouldn't bother Posh fans either, unless they've taken their admiration to the level of fantard.

    I understand what you are saying but people are different. If someone says 'so-and-so' doesn't do any charity work and is worth nothing to society, and somebody else knows otherwise and chooses to say so they are accused of being fanatical or hilariously of being a 'fantard', when really all they have done is disagree. This board would be even duller if all we did was post our opinions with no response or retaliation to the previous posters.


  15. #75
    Elite Member Picara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bella View Post
    I understand what you are saying but people are different. If someone says 'so-and-so' doesn't do any charity work and is worth nothing to society, and somebody else knows otherwise and chooses to say so they are accused of being fanatical or hilariously of being a 'fantard', when really all they have done is disagree. This board would be even duller if all we did was post our opinions with no response or retaliation to the previous posters.


    Well, in my definiton, a fantard is someone who responds with personal attacks. I wouldn't say your example is one of being a fantard, or a superfan, if that's more palatable.

    When you say "even duller", whatchoo talkin' about Willis?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. David and Victoria Beckham go shopping
    By SVZ in forum Photo Archive
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 8th, 2007, 09:15 AM
  2. Replies: 36
    Last Post: August 11th, 2006, 06:21 PM
  3. Victoria Beckham shopping for jewelry 12/19
    By mia981 in forum Photo Archive
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: December 21st, 2005, 06:17 PM
  4. Victoria Beckham shopping in Madrid 12/15
    By mia981 in forum Photo Archive
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: December 18th, 2005, 03:45 PM
  5. David Beckham and wife Victoria shopping 11/14
    By mia981 in forum Photo Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 16th, 2005, 03:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •