Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A very pregnant Gwen Stefani at a nail salon (04/2?/2006)

Default Re: A very pregnant Gwen Stefani at a nail salon (04/2?/2006)

She sorta looks like Brittany Murphy in these photos.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

awww, i love gwen!! how could anyone hate her, she's awesome. she's not afraid to try something new or not dress like everyone else. and the long nails are very japanese, it's like a crazy-popular trend there to have long fake nails with intricate designs....pretty beautiful actually..

SVZ

the bottom two are cool

See, unlike Katie Holmes, I mean Kate Holmes, Gwen has to squeeze herself into the car. Katie just hopped right on in, no problem. I still hate Gwen's fashions though.

I got playing cards painted onto my nails when I went to Vegas and American flags for the fourth of July. Usually I just pick a base color and let the nail lady do whatever she wants for a design. I like to go with themes, though, for various events and holidays.

AyanEva

I thought she is due in May?
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Gold Member

Should she be in a nail salon while pregnant? Those strong chemicals can't be good to breathe for anyone. Do they wear masks?

Quote Originally Posted by leigh
    Should she be in a nail salon while pregnant? Those strong chemicals can't be good to breathe for anyone. Do they wear masks?
    I'm sure she'll be fine. Nail technicians sometimes wear masks because they are amongst the fumes all day everyday, but 30 minutes of being every so slightly exposed to nail polish is *not* going to harm or kill an unborn baby! It seems pregnant women are allowed to do less and less these day.... only recently I've heard asked about pregnant women:

... should she be wearing a tight tshirt like that?
    ... should she have those heels on?
    ... OMG! she's LyKe walking about whilst pregnant
    ... Wtf?!? Should she really be carrying a handbag whilst pregnant?

But actually I think those nails are horrendous, and bright colours - ew! I much prefer a subtle manicure. Those on the previous page look so tacky! *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by bella
    I'm sure she'll be fine. Nail technicians sometimes wear masks because they are amongst the fumes all day everyday, but 30 minutes of being every so slightly exposed to nail polish is *not* going to harm or kill an unborn baby! It seems pregnant women are allowed to do less and less these day.... only recently I've heard asked about pregnant women:

... should she be wearing a tight tshirt like that?
    ... should she have those heels on?
    ... OMG! she's LyKe walking about whilst pregnant
    ... Wtf?!? Should she really be carrying a handbag whilst pregnant?

But actually I think those nails are horrendous, and bright colours - ew! I much prefer a subtle manicure. Those on the previous page look so tacky! *shudders*
    Nail polish isn't the culprit-it is the chemicals used in artificial nails.

Same still stands

She does not need tampons at the moment, so I see why she got the _long_ nails

SVZ

Most of the chemicals found in artificial nail products have not been adequately tested to find out whether they could harm a developing baby or affect the fertility of either men or women. The little information that is available is largely based on studies of test animals. There is almost no information from studies of humans.
    Solvents: Organic solvents are used in artificial nail products to keep them in liquid form. These chemicals can be absorbed into the body of the mother by inhalation of their vapors or by skin contact with the liquid. Once absorbed, most organic solvents can reach the fetus or enter breast milk.
    Organic solvents can probably affect the fetus or the nursing infant in much the same way as they affect the woman. The solvents used in artificial nails can affect the brain (see Nervous System). Levels of exposure that affect the mother are also likely to similarly affect the fetus. We recommend that pregnant and nursing women minimize their exposure to organic solvents, just as they should minimize their exposure to alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs. Some specific solvents you should know about are:
    Glycol ethers: Certain glycol ethers cause birth defects in test animals. They also damage the testes of male laboratory animals. Recent studies of exposed workers indicate that glycol ethers can reduce sperm counts in men. These effects can occur at low exposure levels that have no other health effects, so you can be exposed to harmful levels of the glycol ethers without any immediate warning symptoms.
    Glycol ethers are occasionally found in artificial nail products. Appendix 4 lists the glycol ethers for which there is evidence of effects on human or animal reproduction. Not all glycol ether compounds have been adequately tested. Do not use products which contain the glycol ethers listed in Appendix 4.
    Ethyl alcohol: This is the alcohol found in liquor. Ethyl alcohol has caused birth defects and nervous system damage in children of women who drank only moderately during pregnancy. However, it is very unlikely that the levels of alcohol vapors that you are exposed to at work are high enough to harm an unborn child.
    Toluene: Toluene has been reported to cause birth defects and nervous system damage in the children of mothers who abused toluene by glue-sniffing during their pregnancy. However, such effects are not likely to occur unless exposures are high enough to make the mother feel dizzy or sick.
    Acetonitrile: Many artificial nail removers are almost pure acetonitrile, a very toxic chemical. Acetonitrile can cause birth defects in animals exposed to large amounts. It is absorbed very quickly through human skin. For your own health and for the health of your customers, you should try to avoid using nail removers made of acetonitrile.
    Methacrylates: Exposures high enough to cause sickness or death in lab animals also cause birth defects. The effects in human beings are not known, but we do not expect harm to pregnancy at levels likely to be found in cosmetology shops.

http://www.dhs.ca.gov/ohb/HESIS/artnails.htm

No offence SVZ but you could find 'evidence' to back up almost anything you wanted on the internet.

As I said before, I'll sure she'll be fine! My brother's girlfriend's brother is a nail technician and works with women all day long, and from time to time he gets a pregnant one in there too. There's no rules against going in a nail salon, and they certainly don't stop them going in, and none of them have dropped dead or given birth to babies with two heads yet. I'd have to see some real hard evidence before I believed it had any real effect on unborn babies. But that's not an invite and I don't want you to go digging up stuff on my account. I don't mind either way. I'm not pregnant and don't go in nail bars!

She looks like a pregnant bag lady

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by bella
    No offence SVZ but you could find 'evidence' to back up almost anything you wanted on the internet.

As I said before, I'll sure she'll be fine! My brother's girlfriend's brother is a nail technician and works with women all day long, and from time to time he gets a pregnant one in there too. There's no rules against going in a nail salon, and they certainly don't stop them going in, and none of them have dropped dead or given birth to babies with two heads yet. I'd have to see some real hard evidence before I believed it had any real effect on unborn babies. But that's not an invite and I don't want you to go digging up stuff on my account. I don't mind either way. I'm not pregnant and don't go in nail bars!
    Yeah but there's a difference between 'Animal Lovers Club' and the California Department of Health Services

They tend to be pretty forward when it comes to health warnings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information