Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes - wedding photos (11/18/2006)

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Why do these celebs wanna be at this wedding anyway? Were they threatened or something? Bribed? Does Scientology have some goods on them?
    They are being groomed to join Co$. The Beckhams are perfect candidates, famous, rich and dumb. And I think Brooke Shields should have stayed away too after what The Poison Dwarf said about PPD and vitamins. He may have apologised but I'm sure he still thinks it was her fault.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

Two things:

Katie's dress--plain. I've seen their wedding picture and I'm seriously not impressed. I expected her to look better. For the amount of money they spent on that wedding, I think she could've gotten a better dress. It was not my style at all and in my opinion it was hum-drum. Nothing that made me stop and say, "WOW, SHE (OR THE DRESS) LOOKED BEAUTIFUL".

The guest list was a huge P.R. move for Tom. Yes, it was his wedding, but what it really was, was a huge kiss-assing from Mr. Cruise to Hollywood (and the public). That's why people like Jennifer Lopez and Brooke Shields were invited. He's networking. He's getting in good with people because he's no fool. His career has gone downhill the last couple of the years and he's trying to redeem himself, not only with his colleagues, but the public too. Ever since he jumped on Oprah's couch, acted like a jerk with Matt Lauer, made his ridiculous remark's about Brooke Shield's post-partum depression, harped every chance he got about Scientology and then his studio dumping him, he knows he has a lot of ass-kissing to do in order to get his old luster back. Tom's probably hoping that making an honest woman of Katie Holmes will not only put him in a positive light, but that all this shmoozing to Hollywood will also be to his benefit. Remember, he's now trying to jump-start Paramount. I'll scratch your back and you scratch mine....Tom is no fool. He's a business man and he's crossing his P's and Q's...and using this wedding as a means to do it. Thing is, it may jump start his career, but it's not going to do anything to make this marriage last, because I guarantee you, it won't. If he seriously thinks Katie Holmes and him are going to stay married for the next 20 or 30 years, till the day one of them dies, he's out of his mind. IT'S NOT GOING TO LAST.

I think we can say goodbye to JLo too, she seems like she might be the type to turn to scientology to hunt for a cure for her zombie husband...
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by enctpc View Post
    http://www.news.com.au/sundaytelegra...001021,00.html November 19, 2006 12:00

The happy couple

This picture is eerie. Looks like the pits of hell with the burning ring of fire in the background.

You're right. They do look like they're in hell.

Yep she sold her soul that day!

I was so hoping Chris Klein would crash the wedding and rescue Katie and Suri.

Quote Originally Posted by enctpc View Post
    http://www.news.com.au/sundaytelegra...001021,00.html November 19, 2006 12:00

The happy couple

Wedding guests JLo and a dead man
    Who brings a dead man to a wedding? He looks terrible.

No Posh the day is not about you, but good try.
    Check out the chick in the red coat. She looks like she's responding to Posh!

She looks like she's heckling Posh.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Two things:

Katie's dress--plain. I've seen their wedding picture and I'm seriously not impressed. I expected her to look better. For the amount of money they spent on that wedding, I think she could've gotten a better dress. It was not my style at all and in my opinion it was hum-drum. Nothing that made me stop and say, "WOW, SHE (OR THE DRESS) LOOKED BEAUTIFUL".

The guest list was a huge P.R. move for Tom. Yes, it was his wedding, but what it really was, was a huge kiss-assing from Mr. Cruise to Hollywood (and the public). That's why people like Jennifer Lopez and Brooke Shields were invited. He's networking. He's getting in good with people because he's no fool. His career has gone downhill the last couple of the years and he's trying to redeem himself, not only with his colleagues, but the public too. Ever since he jumped on Oprah's couch, acted like a jerk with Matt Lauer, made his ridiculous remark's about Brooke Shield's post-partum depression, harped every chance he got about Scientology and then his studio dumping him, he knows he has a lot of ass-kissing to do in order to get his old luster back. Tom's probably hoping that making an honest woman of Katie Holmes will not only put him in a positive light, but that all this shmoozing to Hollywood will also be to his benefit. Remember, he's now trying to jump-start Paramount. I'll scratch your back and you scratch mine....Tom is no fool. He's a business man and he's crossing his P's and Q's...and using this wedding as a means to do it. Thing is, it may jump start his career, but it's not going to do anything to make this marriage last, because I guarantee you, it won't. If he seriously thinks Katie Holmes and him are going to stay married for the next 20 or 30 years, till the day one of them dies, he's out of his mind. IT'S NOT GOING TO LAST.

Thing is, Tom missed the mark if he wanted to get in good with the Hollywood Power Players. Will Smith is about the only one there with any box office clout. JLo, what's she done lately? Marc Anthony, a skeletal joke. Brooke Shields? She's aging quickly from these pics and what has she done lately? Leah Remini? A TV show. The Beckhams? They're just tabloid celebs.

Are there any guests besides Will Smith who have a current successful career? People like Kate Hudson, Reese Witherspoon, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie...those are the Hollywood power players that are sought after in films these days.

Is that supposed to be a hairdo? It looks messy

Elite Member

poor jlo , she could do a lot better. I would be afraid to wake up next to him

Quote Originally Posted by corteux View Post
    How did they manage to make him look taller than her?? Is she squating or something??
    Have a closer look at her neck. They've contorted her spine during the crushing her spirit phase of the indoctrination. She's developing a hunchback.

Well, that and Tom's wearing lifts or standing on a box.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Bronze Member

the only thing i can figure for the fringe is she lost some hair while she was pregnant, or after, and it's just growing back. either that or that hair guy she fired made a grave mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Why does her hair look like that? She looks 20 years older, or like a lesbian, or like a man or something!

Jennifer Lopez looks fat in that dress, and Mr. Lopez looks deceased, as usual.

And why is Will Smith gray? When did that happen?

Jim Carrey looks like the Uncle who tries to feel you up at family gatherings.
    Oh that's the best post in ages, what a crack up

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information