Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teri Hatcher hosts, and cries at the "Women's World Awards" (04/06/2006)

Default Re: Teri Hatcher hosts, and cries at the "Women's World Awards" (04/06/2006)

She's an attention whore, and she's willing to use her abuse to get more of it.

Default Re: Teri Hatcher hosts, and cries at the "Women's World Awards" (04/06/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset

I also do have empathy for what she went thru, but I also agree that she seems to use whatever she has to stay in the spotlight. If I have to hear her whine about not having a man again, I will scream!
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset

I seriously doubt that.

Being sexually abused is a traumatic experince for ANYONE. Just because she is a celebrity, doesn't mean her pain is any less or that she's using it to stay in the spotlight.

If that were REMOTELY true then why wouldn't she come forth before "Desperate Housewives". She's never been more famous than she is right now. Why wouldn't she use this abuse as a child when her career was nil after, say... "Superman"..?

SVZ

Wait so revealing painful personal secrets at the peak of your popularity isn't attention-whore-ism?

^^ No. You'd have to be a real sick fuck to do something like that. Terri doesn't strike me as such.

She's probably coming forth as a show of support for other victims, and to encourage others to come forth. *shrug* Or maybe she wants the whole world to pity her. Either way, I don't think it's for purely selfish reasons.

Yeah, and celebrities create charitable foundations named after themselves because they just want to help people, damn it! Helping other people is a nice a coincidence for her, but the number one priority is scoring that Vanity Fair cover. Just ask her "boyfriend" Ryan Seacrest.

I can't believe she's only 6 years older than me.

That said, I agree with SVZ about her being an attention whore and while I say that I mean her specifically and not someon ethat chooses to share a traumatic story.

She like Aniston uses one thing after another keep their name in the press and make some people feel sorry for them.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

What abuse did she suffer specifically? When? For how long? She may be an "attention whore," but it doesn't discount her suffering. You know how not all rape victims come forward? Same for the abused. I refuse to mock those brave enough to speak about it, let alone question their motives.

I have to agree with WickedHo, there is no reason whatsoever for a famous person to reveal "personal secrets" to the public for more attention, if she was that desperate and "attention whore" she would've used that tool during her flopped years like one already mentioned. I'm talking about the sexual abuse story here and excluding all other things like how she wants a boyfriend and so on.

Now Jennifer Aniston is different story, she is using her divorce to promote herself and gain public sympathy so people can support her movies. She keeps mentioning her marriage and "pain" so she can be kept in the press for longer time. She knows that her marriage to Brad Pitt and her divorce is the most "suucessful" she can get, well if she kept doing crap movies and later trash them, and hence she will milk it all before it dries.

Bless her li'l heart, but Jennifer Aniston is a big ole mixed bag of whatthefuck?!

^ I thought you are team-Aniston

I am! Which is why I qualified my statement with "Bless her little heart." It's a Southern thing (I'm from North Carolina). Like, "Bless his little heart, but he's as ugly as a monkey's ass" if you were talking about a newborn baby. And I still think Chinnifer Jawniston is funny, funny, FUNNY!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    I am! Which is why I qualified my statement with "Bless her little heart." It's a Southern thing (I'm from North Carolina). Like, "Bless his little heart, but he's as ugly as a monkey's ass" if you were talking about a newborn baby. And I still think Chinnifer Jawniston is funny, funny, FUNNY!

Silver Member

I sympathize with her for her trauma in life, however, fashionwise,
    in one of those pics,

she is sporting a wonk eye...

If you can find the wonk eye, you win!!!

Win What???

Just winning should be enough!!!

SVZ

Are you ok chattweb?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information