Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Sophia Bush cleans up the beach in North Carolina (08/20/07)

  1. #16
    Gold Member honeysuckle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    in my world they know me here
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    it must be hard carrying that big bag of litter

  2. #17
    Elite Member VenusInFauxFurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Back in the boxed wine.
    Posts
    21,279

    Default

    I'm pleased to see the use of plastic gloves involved.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

  3. #18
    Elite Member CherryDarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Little Detroit
    Posts
    14,081

    Default

    Nice photo op...in a cute dress, no less.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

  4. #19
    Elite Member potato_chips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Look at all the trash on the beach. Thank God she's there to clean it!
    Haha!! I know! Looks like she's all worn out from all that hard work.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

  5. #20
    Gold Member Happy_Evil_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sophia Bush's heart
    Posts
    1,037

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Sorry that I'm too cynical to fall for celebrity do gooders. May I?

    Who do you think called the photographer, by the way?
    1 - Of course, you may. I may, however retort if I don't agree.

    2 - There are several possibilities.

    Option 1: There's always the possibility she was followed, or the photographer was tipped of by someone who saw her (I understand that happens often). If that was the case, being the classy person she is, she posed for the man, and didn't hypocritically try to hide herself like many celebs do.

    Option 2: And of course perhaps she, or rather her agent/publicist called the photographer, and that can also be for several reasons.
    Option 2A: She believes in the cause, and is using herself to draw attention to the issue, thinking some fans might see her do it, and that it will raise their awareness, and perhaps make them act in a way.
    Option 2B: She was hired by the "Beach Rescue Project" to be their "face", in which case she does it for the money, but the consequences of Option 2A still happen, and the photographer was there to bring some publicity to the project.
    Option 2C: She's a publicity whore and did it merely to drum up publicity for her vain self and so that she'll be perceived as a "celebrity do gooder" as you say. Even if I feel this option is unlikely, it still brings about the consequences of Option 2A, and you've got to admit, it's a much wholesome photo op than say "So-and-so shops at Kitson" or "This-and-that sips a Starbucks latte".

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I like how she's wearing such a nice, pretty dress to pick up trash.
    I don't see the problem in that. Did you want her to dress like a hobo? She's wearing a nice dress, but it's not super fancy either. If I was a girl, I'd have no problem wearing such a dress for such an occasion.

    Go read or watch an interview or two of Sophia Bush. You'll find, I believe, that she's very sweet, mature and grounded.
    *Veni, Vidi, Ven...iiiiiiiii!!!*
    (I came, I saw, and I came again)

  6. #21
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    ^ How about NO, I won't go watch an interview of Sophia Bush because she's boring to me. I am not into teeny bopper shows, like the ones she plays in. As for the dress, no, I don't expect her to dress like a hobo but on a beach I would expect her to wear a swimsuit or something like normal folks wear. I don't think I have ever been to the beach and seen someone walking around, especially picking up trash, in a $300.00 dress.

    Also, in North Carolina, I know, there aren't too paps around waiting to take pictures of celebrities because (a) there aren't too many celebrities around here to begin with and (b) there aren't paps around here. Other than these or other staged pictures how many have you seen of celebrities just wondering around North Carolina? A handful IF that.

    Sorry to speak ill, clearly of someone you obsess over, but not everyone has the same opinions that you do and we are free to think that way.

    She needs to get her roots done too.

  7. #22
    La vie en rose DitaPage*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Collectin trash = five minutes
    photo op = 1 hour
    Thats what came into my head also when I saw these pictures, unfortunately. I don't believe in celebrity do-gooders either.

  8. #23
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    23,035

    Default

    She's cute.

  9. #24
    Elite Member Mel1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cuntopia
    Posts
    42,972

    Default

    She should have had her hair up and a pair of shorts or pants on. that would have been indicative of the fact that she went there to work. As it is, the dress and hair indicate that she has no intention of stooping or bending too much - 'cause who wants pictures of their ass on the tabs???
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

  10. #25
    Gold Member Happy_Evil_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sophia Bush's heart
    Posts
    1,037

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ How about NO, I won't go watch an interview of Sophia Bush because she's boring to me. I am not into teeny bopper shows, like the ones she plays in. As for the dress, no, I don't expect her to dress like a hobo but on a beach I would expect her to wear a swimsuit or something like normal folks wear. I don't think I have ever been to the beach and seen someone walking around, especially picking up trash, in a $300.00 dress.

    Also, in North Carolina, I know, there aren't too paps around waiting to take pictures of celebrities because (a) there aren't too many celebrities around here to begin with and (b) there aren't paps around here. Other than these or other staged pictures how many have you seen of celebrities just wondering around North Carolina? A handful IF that.

    Sorry to speak ill, clearly of someone you obsess over, but not everyone has the same opinions that you do and we are free to think that way.

    She needs to get her roots done too.
    I appreciate you being very polite about this, however I'd just like to raise a few points:

    1-I believe her tv show, One Tree Hill, is filmed in North Carolina. The tabs have got to have a few guys on hand so as not to miss anything.
    2-If you read my post, I did acknowledge she may have called the photographer, but gave several reasons for her doing it, ending up on the fact that the consequences of this photo op are a lot healthier than whatever Paris Hilton/Lindsay Lohan/Britney Spears/Jessica Simpson/Jessica Alba/Jessica Biel/Tara Reid/etc.... are photographed doing.

    I accept and respect the fact that you don't like her, just stating my own opinions, just as you are.
    *Veni, Vidi, Ven...iiiiiiiii!!!*
    (I came, I saw, and I came again)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: August 7th, 2007, 07:40 AM
  2. Settlement reached between Sean Combs and North Carolina man.
    By Wonderwoman in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 17th, 2006, 08:31 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 9th, 2006, 03:52 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2006, 01:57 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 13th, 2006, 01:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •