Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sophia Bush cleans up the beach in North Carolina (08/20/07)

it must be hard carrying that big bag of litter

I'm pleased to see the use of plastic gloves involved.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Nice photo op...in a cute dress, no less.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Look at all the trash on the beach. Thank God she's there to clean it!
    Haha!! I know! Looks like she's all worn out from all that hard work.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Red face

Sorry that I'm too cynical to fall for celebrity do gooders. May I?

Who do you think called the photographer, by the way?
    1 - Of course, you may. I may, however retort if I don't agree.

2 - There are several possibilities.

Option 1: There's always the possibility she was followed, or the photographer was tipped of by someone who saw her (I understand that happens often). If that was the case, being the classy person she is, she posed for the man, and didn't hypocritically try to hide herself like many celebs do.

Option 2: And of course perhaps she, or rather her agent/publicist called the photographer, and that can also be for several reasons.
    Option 2A: She believes in the cause, and is using herself to draw attention to the issue, thinking some fans might see her do it, and that it will raise their awareness, and perhaps make them act in a way.
    Option 2B: She was hired by the "Beach Rescue Project" to be their "face", in which case she does it for the money, but the consequences of Option 2A still happen, and the photographer was there to bring some publicity to the project.
    Option 2C: She's a publicity whore and did it merely to drum up publicity for her vain self and so that she'll be perceived as a "celebrity do gooder" as you say. Even if I feel this option is unlikely, it still brings about the consequences of Option 2A, and you've got to admit, it's a much wholesome photo op than say "So-and-so shops at Kitson" or "This-and-that sips a Starbucks latte".

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I like how she's wearing such a nice, pretty dress to pick up trash.
    I don't see the problem in that. Did you want her to dress like a hobo? She's wearing a nice dress, but it's not super fancy either. If I was a girl, I'd have no problem wearing such a dress for such an occasion.

Go read or watch an interview or two of Sophia Bush. You'll find, I believe, that she's very sweet, mature and grounded.
    *Veni, Vidi, Ven...iiiiiiiii!!!*
    (I came, I saw, and I came again)

^ How about NO, I won't go watch an interview of Sophia Bush because she's boring to me. I am not into teeny bopper shows, like the ones she plays in. As for the dress, no, I don't expect her to dress like a hobo but on a beach I would expect her to wear a swimsuit or something like normal folks wear. I don't think I have ever been to the beach and seen someone walking around, especially picking up trash, in a $300.00 dress.

Also, in North Carolina, I know, there aren't too paps around waiting to take pictures of celebrities because (a) there aren't too many celebrities around here to begin with and (b) there aren't paps around here. Other than these or other staged pictures how many have you seen of celebrities just wondering around North Carolina? A handful IF that.

Sorry to speak ill, clearly of someone you obsess over, but not everyone has the same opinions that you do and we are free to think that way.

She needs to get her roots done too.

Collectin trash = five minutes
    photo op = 1 hour
    Thats what came into my head also when I saw these pictures, unfortunately. I don't believe in celebrity do-gooders either.

She's cute.

She should have had her hair up and a pair of shorts or pants on. that would have been indicative of the fact that she went there to work. As it is, the dress and hair indicate that she has no intention of stooping or bending too much - 'cause who wants pictures of their ass on the tabs???
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ How about NO, I won't go watch an interview of Sophia Bush because she's boring to me. I am not into teeny bopper shows, like the ones she plays in. As for the dress, no, I don't expect her to dress like a hobo but on a beach I would expect her to wear a swimsuit or something like normal folks wear. I don't think I have ever been to the beach and seen someone walking around, especially picking up trash, in a $300.00 dress.

Also, in North Carolina, I know, there aren't too paps around waiting to take pictures of celebrities because (a) there aren't too many celebrities around here to begin with and (b) there aren't paps around here. Other than these or other staged pictures how many have you seen of celebrities just wondering around North Carolina? A handful IF that.

Sorry to speak ill, clearly of someone you obsess over, but not everyone has the same opinions that you do and we are free to think that way.

She needs to get her roots done too.
    I appreciate you being very polite about this, however I'd just like to raise a few points:

1-I believe her tv show, One Tree Hill, is filmed in North Carolina. The tabs have got to have a few guys on hand so as not to miss anything.
    2-If you read my post, I did acknowledge she may have called the photographer, but gave several reasons for her doing it, ending up on the fact that the consequences of this photo op are a lot healthier than whatever Paris Hilton/Lindsay Lohan/Britney Spears/Jessica Simpson/Jessica Alba/Jessica Biel/Tara Reid/etc.... are photographed doing.

I accept and respect the fact that you don't like her, just stating my own opinions, just as you are.
    *Veni, Vidi, Ven...iiiiiiiii!!!*
    (I came, I saw, and I came again)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information