Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shania Twain at the Academy of Country Music Awards (05/15/07)

Elite Member

I've always liked Shania. She handles fame perfectly and appears so 'normal' by industry standards. I love how she goes away, makes an album of non-stop hits, comes back into the public foray with a frenzy and then literally disappears for a few years to focus on family and new music and does it all again...still maintaining her popularity.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Hmm, are you sure that high school pic is not photoshopped? I've seen old footage of her AFTER her high school graduation and her teeth looked much, MUCH, worse than this.
    I just found that pic online. I'm not sure if it's photoshopped or not. I do recall seeing pics of her with really bad teeth, but I'm not sure what timeframe they were taken.

Her breasts look kinda flat to me in these two pix.
    That's definitely just the angle and/or lighting. Those pics were taken in the mid to late 90's. By the time she made her debut, she was already noted for having rather large breasts.

These pics are also from the mid 90's, at around the same time as the above pics:

And here are caps from her first video from 1993. This is the video that caused Mutt Lange to first notice Shania and eventually track her down, and I think her great figure was what he noticed first.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post

That's definitely just the angle and/or lighting. Those pics were taken in the mid to late 90's. By the time she made her debut, she was already noted for having rather large breasts.
    In that case it looks more like she had them taped down (like in Victor/Victoria) because that's more than just angle or lightning making them look so flat
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Has anyone here heard her live?
    Wasn't she one of our milli-vanilli suspects?

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Oh man, these days, who DOES sing live anymore? They all become stars BEFORE building up live experience in clubs and small venues. They go straight from the studio, where they're mixed so much that they're barely audible, to huge concert venues.
    Like I said before, I like some of her songs on her albums, but live (and when she talks) she's got a weird extra sound to her voice, not very pretty. I remember she once sang live at the country music award show and she was so much off key it wasn't funny anymore, but she looked spectacular. It wasn't enough to distract from her awful out of tune performance, though, and the country stars in the front rows had rather pained looks on their faces.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

What? I've heard her singing live MANY times.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Oh man, these days, who DOES sing live anymore? They all become stars BEFORE building up live experience in clubs and small venues. They go straight from the studio, where they're mixed so much that they're barely audible, to huge concert venues.
    Like I said before, I like some of her songs on her albums, but live (and when she talks) she's got a weird extra sound to her voice, not very pretty. I remember she once sang live at the country music award show and she was so much off key it wasn't funny anymore, but she looked spectacular. It wasn't enough to distract from her awful out of tune performance, though, and the country stars in the front rows had rather pained looks on their faces.
    She completely fucked up her voice. I heard she's a smoker - so it makes sense.
    Last edited by MaryJane; May 22nd, 2007 at 01:43 AM. Reason: posts merged

Bronze Member

I know someone who used to work for Mercury, Shania's label. She claims that when Shania is on tour she mixes her live shows with both live singing and lip-synching. Shania has become a pro at combining the two so it's nearly impossible to tell when she's live and when she's not, at least during her concert shows. On TV appearances such as awards shows she almost always lip-synchs. And her SuperBowl "performance" was notorious for her lip-synching as well. Shania doesn't put much effort into her TV performances, but she at least sings part of her concert shows on her tours. But her voice isn't strong enough to sustain a full concert show, so she fakes a good part of it.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by NHKMM View Post
    She completely fucked up her voice. I heard she's a smoker - so it makes sense.
    i heard she's a total health nut lol

Gold Member

She looks good for her age. It could be worse, she could be a PS mess like Melanie Griffith.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    i heard she's a total health nut lol
    than smoking would be a bit stupid.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information