Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shakira and boyfriend relax at their home in Miami (09/17/2006)

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    I think this relationship's going to fizzle out. They've been together a long time and she's supposedly been engaged forever.
    Yes, "Antonito" doesn't work he never did. He's like his father, our former president, a jerk... and he's living thanks to her spending beautiful days in Miami and growing a desgusting and hairy belly.. He gives me the crips!!! wake up, shakyra, leave the guy

Elite Member

You're funny, Rochi...love the 'Antoņito'...lol

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    You're funny, Rochi...love the 'Antoņito'...lol
    jajjajaaj it's slang here, we call him that 'cause his dad is Antonio, so he's like antonio jr "Antoņito"
    thanks pretty girl

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not what she went for at first, when she was starting out her singing career and he was Argentina's most eligible (loaded) bachelor.
    Then you would have to admit he must treat her very well if she's still with him after all this time.

As I was trying to point out with my last comment, looks don't always make the man.

Ah, don't you love double standards? If he were a girl, he'd totally have an eating disorder by now or else she would have left him for someone younger and thinner.

After reading all these comments, I don't think he looks thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat bad. If he lost like 10 - 15 pounds, and muscled up, I'm sure he'd be quite a stunner!
    Go Habs Go!!

I think the guy is good looking, not nice body but he's face is good. oh well beauty is in the eye of beholder.

Don't know when this was taken (image url says May 2006), but as you can see, he looks pretty good here:

Bronze Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rochi View Post
    Yes, "Antonito" doesn't work he never did. He's like his father, our former president, a jerk... and he's living thanks to her spending beautiful days in Miami and growing a desgusting and hairy belly.. He gives me the crips!!! wake up, shakyra, leave the guy
    That guy gives me the creeps too.
    Some people say that he's a good businessman and got wealthy by his own means mostly, not by "using" his father's former position (personally that makes me go "hmmm, yeah, right). But most people, really, most!, in Argentina and Uruguay do not think highly of him. Not in the least. I think Rochi's attitude reflects most people's thoughts on him (and his family!).

Most people think very poorly of both Antoñito and his father: many (most?) assume Antoñito lead and leads a good life first because he used his "son of the President" status and contacts... and now Shakira's fame and money.

It would not be fair for me to affirm anything, it's not like I personally know him, but that guy always gave me the creeps and I am of those who think "hmmmmmmmmmmmm".

On the other hand, Shakira is not a dumb woman, so I have a hard time thinking that she could be fooled so easily if the guy was indeed a major jerk. And fooled for so many years!

But then again, love makes some smart people, yes, smart people too!, blind.
    One thing can be said in Shakira's defensse, for sure, though. Even though Shakira met him when his father was, still, the President of Argentina, by then, both the President and his son were already very unpopular among Argentinians and there was a lot of talking about Antoñito's (apparently?) self-proclaimed "right hand of the President" and "businessman" who used his role to get good contacts. Considering that, Shakira falling for him was more of a shocking thing that back then for her fans and for most everyone, finding out of the romance surprised people and made them go "what the heck? How could she fall for him?". Whether or not the guy is a good guy with a bad reputation or a true jerk, the fact is that Shakira falling for him was not a "planned move" as for her to become more popular or wealthy. I think most fans here in these latitudes happen to actually say "I love Shakira, too bad he is with that jerk". It did *nothing* for Shakira's popularity. What makes everyone think that either Shakira was and is really dumb/blind in love, or that the guy is really charming in some way (???). But it was not a publicity stunt from Shakira's team. It was instead more like a kamikaze move from her! Almost everyone despised already that President and his family!

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryagain2 View Post
    That guy gives me the creeps too.
    Some people say that he's a good businessman and got wealthy by his own means mostly, not by "using" his father's former position (personally that makes me go "hmmm, yeah, right). But most people, really, most!, in Argentina and Uruguay do not think highly of him. Not in the least. I think Rochi's attitude reflects most people's thoughts on him (and his family!).

Most people think very poorly of both Antoņito and his father: many (most?) assume Antoņito lead and leads a good life first because he used his "son of the President" status and contacts... and now Shakira's fame and money.

It would not be fair for me to affirm anything, it's not like I personally know him, but that guy always gave me the creeps and I am of those who think "hmmmmmmmmmmmm".

On the other hand, Shakira is not a dumb woman, so I have a hard time thinking that she could be fooled so easily if the guy was indeed a major jerk. And fooled for so many years!

But then again, love makes some smart people, yes, smart people too!, blind.
    One thing can be said in Shakira's defensse, for sure, though. Even though Shakira met him when his father was, still, the President of Argentina, by then, both the President and his son were already very unpopular among Argentinians and there was a lot of talking about Antoņito's (apparently?) self-proclaimed "right hand of the President" and "businessman" who used his role to get good contacts. Considering that, Shakira falling for him was more of a shocking thing that back then for her fans and for most everyone, finding out of the romance surprised people and made them go "what the heck? How could she fall for him?". Whether or not the guy is a good guy with a bad reputation or a true jerk, the fact is that Shakira falling for him was not a "planned move" as for her to become more popular or wealthy. I think most fans here in these latitudes happen to actually say "I love Shakira, too bad he is with that jerk". It did *nothing* for Shakira's popularity. What makes everyone think that either Shakira was and is really dumb/blind in love, or that the guy is really charming in some way (???). But it was not a publicity stunt from Shakira's team. It was instead more like a kamikaze move from her! Almost everyone despised already that President and his family!

Yes, that's exactly what we fell in this part of the world regarding him and his family, You're right!!!
    But leaving politics aside, he must have sth BIG going on... right girlsŋ??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information