Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scarlett Johansson on the set of "Midnight in Barcelon" (07/27/07)

^I thought she was in her mid 20s at least and was quite surprised to see her
    year of birth.

Bronze Member

I got it! It's her nose!Something about her faceanoyed me, but could not put a finger on what exactly. The pics with the sunglasses make me realize that her nose is what bothers me. I find it pudgy, big.
    Mind you, I would have normally conidered her beautiful (I still think she is pretty) and she has a very nice body and talent. But she is one of these people who make the mistake of talking so much of their looks, of self-praising their looks, by fishing for compliments, that they make me go "come on, you are pretty, not perfect!"... ad so I start paying atttention to the same flaws that otherwise I owuld have ignored. I would have found her not gorgeous but a lot prettier if she hadn't made such a big fuss herself of her beauty and boobs. That made me think: "there are zillion of women out there who are more beautiful than you, have some modesty!" and then she stipped being all that attractive to me, and something about her face started bothering me.

I know other people who react the same way. notjust to Scarlett, but to anyone who praises his/her own looks or brings the subject up too often. They don't realize that their doing so makes people stare at them with critical eyes, less forgiving eyes... because no matter how beautiful someone is, we all know heor she is not THE prettiest person on earth... and when thep erson claims so or almost... well, we get fed up and start unconsciously noticing his/ her flaws.

Many of my friends, both women and men, have commented the same about people they knew who were too proud of their appearance. Their self-absorption backfired on them!

I have a coworker that I always thought was super cute, really pretty. One day we all heard her making a less thn modest comment out of nowhere (not the first one), and it annoyed us all. It was a gratitious way to speak wonderfully of herself. Good if she loves herself, but rubbing it in other people's face or acting conceited is a whole other thing. From that day on, all of us at work, the same ones that found her so cute, started seeing all of her flaws. Not that we looked for those flaws consciously, butthe simple fact that she depicted her as almost perfect made us double check her, because we knew she was not perfect... but we had not paid attention to what flaws she had. From that comment on, everyone starte noticing this or that about her that was flawed.

IMHO, just like it is not a good idea to point out to others one's flaws (since they might have not noticed them, so...) it is not a good idea to act or speak as if one were perfect... then the knee-jerk reaction of most people is to say "you are pretty, but come on! you are not perfect" and THEN find the flaws and even start getting annoyed at them, because we associate thelooks with someone conceited...

The only thing I've seen her in was Lost In Translation, and I had to turn that movie off about halfway through, it was so boring.
    Vist me at SnarkyGossip and GryffindorGazette!

I concede her talent, and that in certain photos with certain lighting at certain angles, she's very nice-looking. However, for some reason that I can't put my finger on, she's just nails-on-the-blackboard for me.

Maybe I'm just jealous of her elevator quickie with Benicio. That could well be it.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorahacky View Post
    ^^Minus the periodic obesity and sedated/manic insanity...just something I can't put my finger on...
    obese? she has a body to die for

Quote Originally Posted by doriangray View Post
    obese? she has a body to die for
    I wasn't referring to ScarJo when I said that; I was referring to ANS and her yo-yo-ing.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information