Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rebecca Gayheart at the 38th Annual NAACP Image Awards (03/02/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    ^^I've never read that he was jaywalking; he was crossing the street while on his way home from school, and though several other vehicles stopped to let him cross, she swerved around them and hit him.
    I read that he was in a crosswalk. She was talking on her cell phone and went around via the turn lane.

I would believe in second chances in her case, if she had gotten some semblence of punishment. IIRC, she got a suspended licese and community service. If that was you or me, we would have been doing some time. Unless you could afford a high priced attorney like Gayheart did, that is. So because she got a slap on the wrist and went merrily on her way, no love from me.

McSteamy is definitely too cute for her. They're in the same league with their acting abilities however.

I read crosswalk, too. What got me was the fact that she knowingly & intentionally illegally passed the stopped cars - it was like the rules don't apply to her. I kind of like her, & I know that none of us drive perfectly, but it still just bothers me.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I like Rebecca Gayheart

This site and a few others indicate he was jaywalking. She did swerve into a turning lane, though, which I didn't know. Cars had stopped to let him across the street, but he wasn't in a crosswalk.

Rebecca Gayheart - Celebrity Photos, Videos, Wallpapers and more at CelebrityShack.com
    (Celebrity Shack)

^^ understood, so what if the boy was jay walking? did he not deserve the time of day? even better, does he deserve to die?

Sorry but if some drunk moran was sleeping on the road and I happened to run him over, hell I wouldn't be thinking twice about stopping my car and getting help.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY 'N' NUTS View Post
    ^^ understood, so what if the boy was jay walking? did he not deserve the time of day? even better, does he deserve to die?

Sorry but if some drunk moran was sleeping on the road and I happened to run him over, hell I wouldn't be thinking twice about stopping my car and getting help.
    True! That's why I can never be a fan of hers. Her career has never been the same since. I guess Karma does work.

^^Also, according to that site, she swerved into a left-turn only lane to attempt to pass the other cars; I've also read elsewhere that she was on her cellphone when all this occurred. Maybe it's just me, but if traffic in front of me stops, I think it must be for a reason, so I also stop.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY 'N' NUTS View Post

Of course he didn't deserve to die. I didn't say that. I was under the impression that two lanes of traffic were stopped and she was in a third travelling lane. Since I've seen accidents with pedestrians at a crosswalk adjacent to the university under the same conditions, I imagined that it would be especially easy to hit a jaywalker that way. I didn't know she was on a cell phone, speeding, and using a turn lane as a travelling lane.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    True! That's why I can never be a fan of hers. Her career has never been the same since. I guess Karma does work.

what did her career consist of? was she the noxema girl?? haven't a clue about this girl.

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyLucy View Post
    Rebecca Gayheart looks like a vampire to me.
    kinda...her teeth are wicked

And yet the girl - whist knowing that she has killed another human being, has done her penance. Paid the legal and industry price and is making her comeback.......I would hate to know her dreams.

It was an accident.

Fault is determined by legal eagles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information