Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A pregnant Angelina Jolie still takes flying lessons (02/17/2006)

Default Re: A pregnant Angelina Jolie still takes flying lessons (02/17/2006)

Why tempt Mother Nature? They don't want you to fly during the last trimester because you could go into labor and deliver a preemie which could be in danger if the lungs are under developed.

I know most people will do anything to protect their unborn child. The only thing I can figure is they really don't think it will happen to them.

If she's only taking a lesson, they're not even going to be in the air that long, and they're probably not even that high up. And she's with an instructor that can land the plane if she goes into labor. It's not like she's flying across the Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel
    Pregnancy is not an illness or a handicap-you can still do everything you did before pregnancy. Like all things, you should show some common sense...I have never taken flying lessons, but I would venture to say she isn't flying hundreds of miles. I'm sure we all agree AJ is not dumb. She is a very intelligent woman, and I'm sure she is putting the safety and well being of her unborn child first.
    If I'm not mistaken, the reason they tell you not to fly late in pregnancy is in case you go into labor-you don't want to be x miles in the air and in labor...
    I guess my point is (I really do have one ) I don't think you should change your behavior or habits just because you are pregnant--UNLESS they were dangerous or BAD in the beginning....
    Well said. I think "handicapped" parking for pregnant mothers is pathetic and I detest pregnant women who act like the world needs to stop for them. Go Angelina! I was losing interest in her but she's a real woman!

Pregnant woman should listen to their own doctor. You wouldn’t believe some of the weird advice and stories that were said to me when I was expecting.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

I was given the ok to fly until 36 weeks, which I hear is the standard. I wouldn't take a long flight while pregnant though. As a pregnant woman, you are more likely to develop blood clots or a pulmonary embolus. If you get up and walk around a lot, you can improve your risks. Still though, hearing about Katie H flying Down Under and seeing Angelina jet all over does make me wonder what they're thinking. My bigger irritation is that these women have been on motorcycles while pregnant. To that I have to ask what in the fark are they thinking?

Gold Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^The same rules do not apply to us lowly slubs.

Who's been on a motorcycle while pregnant?

There were several pictures earlier this fall of AJ and BP riding motorcycles. If she's due in May, my guess is she knew she was pregnant when she was on them. There have also been a few photos of TomKat on motorcycles well into her pregnancy. Some day I'll actually figure out how to post the damn photos! LOL.

Well, we don't know when she's due, obviously, she hasn't told anyone... but that was back in September, and she may not have even known she was pregnant yet. There haven't been any sightings on her on a bike since then.

I don't know about TomKat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information