Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More Mariah........LITERALLY.

Default Re: More Mariah........LITERALLY.

i miss the old skool mariah that looked good

Quote Originally Posted by soapopera4cam View Post
    i miss the old skool mariah that looked good
    School teacher closet freaak or do you perfer today's linebacker cow stuffed in womans clothing look. When it comes time for maternity wear, she's screwed.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

I'm going to quote from the Alicia Keys thread for a minute here, mmkay?

oh wow, its so sad to criticise this womans body... there IS no perfect body! People have so diverse preferences... if she was more fit, people would say she looks too hard and less than feminine... in any case, who gives a shit????? She has a gorgeous voice, she writes her own lyrics, she plays her own piano and composes her own music.... I do NOT expect her to look a certain way, because when the cd is playing, I couldnt care less.
    She's an insanely talented singer, and she writes her own music. Pop fluff, I must say, but to compose a plethora of #1 songs shows a definite talent for knowing exactly which hooks the general public wants to hear. And, I repeat, she has an incredible, amazing voice.

It's getting very tiresome to see all these threads about her image; whether she's too fat, what she wears, etc, because it simply has nothing to do with what she does, what she's become famous for. I'm not a fan, far from it, but a tad concerned; why is it that female artists have to look perfect in addition to sounding their best?
    2 years...

Maybe so, but she's not a model, or even an actress, so what does it matter? Also, there are many male singers/musicians/whatever who have apalling fashion sense, and no one ever calls them out for it. How encouraging is it for all the aspiring female musicians out there (myself included) that your body is more relevant than doing your job correctly? I mean, if she were a pageant conestant, I could understand the griping about her not being a cookie cutter Rexi with great clothes, but really!
    2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss View Post
    She's an insanely talented singer, and she writes her own music. Pop fluff, I must say, but to compose a plethora of #1 songs shows a definite talent for knowing exactly which hooks the general public wants to hear. And, I repeat, she has an incredible, amazing voice.

It's getting very tiresome to see all these threads about her image; whether she's too fat, what she wears, etc, because it simply has nothing to do with what she does, what she's become famous for. I'm not a fan, far from it, but a tad concerned; why is it that female artists have to look perfect in addition to sounding their best?
    I understand what you say and I agree with you.
    But at the same time I think that if she performs in such outfits

Quote Originally Posted by mia981 View Post

it's her who unavoidably exposes to criticism and opinions not only her voice and her talent but ALSO her body.
    This doesn't mean that she should come on stage wearing a black astronaut suit so that nothing else but her voice will show, but like MonkeyMix said

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix View Post
    I wouldn't have a thing to say about her if she would just wear something that actually fits for a change.

I wasn't disagreeing with you personally, it was in general, after seeing all the "Mariah is sooo fat" threads. Yeah, she dresses very tackily. But we live in a very image-fixated society, and that just gets to me. A musician should be judged solely on their artistic merit, but that appears not to be the case 99% of the time.
    2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix View Post
    She always manages to make herself look like a damn burrito. I wouldn't have a thing to say about her if she would just wear something that actually fits for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss View Post
    I wasn't disagreeing with you personally, it was in general, after seeing all the "Mariah is sooo fat" threads. Yeah, she dresses very tackily. But we live in a very image-fixated society, and that just gets to me. A musician should be judged solely on their artistic merit, but that appears not to be the case 99% of the time.
    I knew you weren't referring to me personally, I just gave my 2 cents
    And here I agree with you again, in fact this is what I have already written in this very thread

Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane View Post
    I still prefer to see her than somebody like Nicole Richie.

I mean, I don't know them so I don't know which one of the two feels better with herself and which one is happier deep inside, but personally I prefer to see Mariah, Nicole looks very sweet but too unhealthy.

Lol. Yeah, I get carried away sometimes.
    2 years...

Bronze Member

I can see where you are coming from Nawdle.
    Mariah sings so beautifully and she will stand the test of time. She already has, as far as her voice is concerned. Look at Aretha Franklin...she has become very heavy, but that doesn't take away from her talent.
    Mariah does however, need to rethink her wardrobe. She just tends to wear clothing that is very revealing and unflattering. It doesn't make her any less of a singer, but her clothing distracts so much so that you aren't enjoying her voice, you are just thinking about just how revealing her outfit is.
    I kind of relate it to the Britney/Madonna/Christina circus show. Did anyone talk about just how great their voices were? It was ALL about the kiss.

i think she`s hawt..bad taste in clothes,th0!!

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

It's, it's, it's....Steve Stiffler's Mom's sister..

Horrifying

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information