Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miss Japan, Riyo Mori crowned Miss Universe 2007 (05/28/07)

I so wanted her to win...Miss Japan..even though Brazil was beautiful..i don't know..i just get tired of 'that' kind being the only thing people consider to be attractive...god, give someone else a chance and i'm glad the pageant did...Go Japan!!!

Bronze Member

Default the swimsuit & evening scores were posted??

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    ^^I watched the whole show; Mis Brazil received the highest scores in both the swimwuit and evening gown portion, and did well with her judges question. Miss Japan did OK with the question, but was among the lowest scorers in evening gown/bathing suit, IIRC. And, yes, she was one of the less attractive in comparison...
    I watched the entire show too so unless my TV was being retarded, this year's pageant did NOT show ANY of the scores for the contestants...

And it's not all just completely "ideal" beauty. Venezuela and Brazil seems to win every year, and maybe the judges just wanted another type of face.

Was I the only one that thought Miss Tanzania was robbed? She was gorgeous!

Is there anyone else here who thinks that pageants are a total joke? I've always felt that whole scene is a bunch of girls parading around in ball gowns and swimsuits because they need people to fawn all over them and tell them how beautiful they are to feel good about themselves. My best friend does pageants and claims they're for "scholarships" which is absurd. Between the entry fees and astronomical costs associated with purchasing dresses, travel expenses, and training, these girls spend more to compete than they receive if they win. My friend made a website asking people for donations so that she can compete and win a scholarship to be able to "afford grad school." She's spending over $5,000 on THIS pageant (a state pageant) alone (not including the tens of thousands of dollars she's spent in prelims trying to qualify for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    So does the scoring even count??? Logically thinking, that's what sums up to a title.

Miss Brazil's back to the country, and I guess she's completely right when she says that the lobby for Miss Japan was bigger for political reasons. She also said that Venezuela was the one who really had something going on for that crown and that Japan wasn't well prepared as the other top chicks were, as she also broke a few organizational rules while showing swimsuit and evening gown.
    Now, now, I wouldnt buy everything Brazil says. Lots of runner ups cry foul after the pageant is over.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    She is not pretty at all.
    Actually I think she is quite pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    she's pretty, but nothing special. the other girl in the first picture looks better than her.
    Yeah, she's stunning, that was Miss Universe 2006.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by princesspink View Post
    Now, now, I wouldnt buy everything Brazil says. Lots of runner ups cry foul after the pageant is over.
    I beg to differ, as she mentioned Japan's little dancing thing on the runway, and that was not to be done. Don't have the article here, but as a runner up, her speech was not bitchy and bitter and did have some points.

Last year was unfair, this year was as well, and so will every other year. I give up watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    I beg to differ, as she mentioned Japan's little dancing thing on the runway, and that was not to be done. Don't have the article here, but as a runner up, her speech was not bitchy and bitter and did have some points.

Last year was unfair, this year was as well, and so will every other year. I give up watching.
    Nothing wrong in adding your own style to the walk, imo.

Besides last year the whole world said Miss Japan Kurara Chibana deserved to win. The first country Zuleyka visited after winning was Japan, and Kurara was there to welcome her. That was class.

Most runner-ups think they would be worthy winners too. But bad mouthing the winner in the press right after the pageant is behaving like a sore loser.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Nothing wrong in adding your own style to the walk, imo.

Besides last year the whole world said Miss Japan Kurara Chibana deserved to win. The first country Zuleyka visited after winning was Japan, and Kurara was there to welcome her. That was class.

Most runner-ups think they would be worthy winners too. But bad mouthing the winner in the press right after the pageant is behaving like a sore loser.
    Looks like key words I typed out were lost during interpretation, so no more on this from me.

Anyway, thanks for the info on last year. Extremely classy indeed.

^yea, Kurara rocks

Kurara and Zuleyka

Reminds me a bit of Catherine Zeta Jones.

Elite Member

I have to admit that I think Riyo is prettier than Kurara.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^yea, Kurara rocks

Kurara and Zuleyka

I was rooting for Kurara last year. She had a certain aura about her that made her stand out from all others.

Quote Originally Posted by nahbia View Post
    I watched the entire show too so unless my TV was being retarded, this year's pageant did NOT show ANY of the scores for the contestants...

And it's not all just completely "ideal" beauty. Venezuela and Brazil seems to win every year, and maybe the judges just wanted another type of face.
    Did you watch it on NBC? The scores were on the top right hand corner of the screen. I think in past years, they have been at the bottom, so maybe that's why you missed them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information