Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madonna at the Vanity Fair Oscar party (02/25/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    I don't agree about the boobies having to be real to look good in a bodice. The fitter should adjust the dress to exactly fit the boobs on whoever is wearing it. Her boobs could have just as easily looked bad in this if the fit weren't proper. My boobies aren't "real" (big deal) and my boobs didn't look pushed out of shape when I've word a dress that has a tight-fitting bodice.

Madonna is a perfectionist, that's why her dress turned out looking good, while the others are more likely to go "eh, it'll pass. I'm not going to sweat it." In this regard, like Madonna I wouldn't walk out of the house in a bodice that didn't fit right.
    Well, that shows you what I know, lol. I don't have boobies - at least not when I keep my weight down and go to the gym . I hope I didn't offend anyone.

I just assumed that everyone who wore those types of dresses and looked so squashed looked bad because of their implants, because just about everyone in hollywood has implants (and I see no big deal about that either). And I know Madonna doesn't have implants, and she looks good in that dress....I feel really dumb at the moment....

Hit By Ban Bus!

Aw, don't feel dumb! Most people don't realize that implants are often very soft and natural, esp. nowadays. If you have enough body fat on your body, they look and feel just fine These stick-thin zero fat mannequins need to get a clue that their grapefruits are wrong, wrong, wrong for their body type.

Elite Member

And I think ---I think.....she may have gained a pound or two, and as a result looks softer.
    I think so too - her upper arms and chest area is less bony than they used to be. Smart move, it suits her very well.

I think she's had a recent facelift too, that would explain why her face is plumper (still swollen) while her jaw angle is so tight

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    I think she's had a recent facelift too, that would explain why her face is plumper (still swollen) while her jaw angle is so tight
    agreed!

Aw, don't feel dumb! Most people don't realize that implants are often very soft and natural, esp. nowadays. .
    I'm not arguing your point, but if thats true, why do people say that fake breasts feel like rocks, that when you hug someone with fake breasts they dont push up against you, and 'smoosh' (as tyra banks said), and that jennifer aniston said that she could prove her breasts are real if everyone could have a feel. And why did Tyra Banks feel up Katharine McPhee, or that gay guy feel Scarlett Johanssons' if theres noi way to tell if they are fake or real anyway. Theres no way in hell they feel exactly like a natural breast.

Hit By Ban Bus!

StayYoung I do not want to argue about this anymore. If you lived in the same city as I do I'd let you feel mine, that is if you would - which you may not want to.

But I'm going to remind you that you are making an absolute statement (*there's no way*) and that type of statement is fallacious in most cases.

I thought I pointed out clearly in several different posts on this board that the TYPE of implant and the TYPE of BODY is very important in choosing, and if that is carefully and wisely done, the implants feel natural. Why do you continue to adamantly refuse to believe this statement, which is true for thousands of women?

I just.do.not understand why you refuse to take my point. It's as if you need a negative reasons to justify your belabored acceptance of the breasts that you were born with. But again, I'm not going to argue about this with you. It's obviously a waste of time.

You just don't want to be convinced. I find myself truly hoping that you don't take that approach (not willing be be convinced) with other issues in your life.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by bella View Post
    Ooooh you've got unreal boobs Mira?? I didn't know that
    me, gloat?!

How fancy! I'd love to have mine done

StayYoung I do not want to argue about this anymore. If you lived in the same city as I do I'd let you feel mine, that is if you would - which you may not want to.

But I'm going to remind you that you are making an absolute statement (*there's no way*) and that type of statement is fallacious in most cases.

I thought I pointed out clearly in several different posts on this board that the TYPE of implant and the TYPE of BODY is very important in choosing, and if that is carefully and wisely done, the implants feel natural. Why do you continue to adamantly refuse to believe this statement, which is true for thousands of women?

I just.do.not understand why you refuse to take my point. It's as if you need a negative reasons to justify your belabored acceptance of the breasts that you were born with. But again, I'm not going to argue about this with you. It's obviously a waste of time.

You just don't want to be convinced. I find myself truly hoping that you don't take that approach (not willing be be convinced) with other issues in your life.

Look, all i'm saying is that i hear more people speaking negatively about breast implants, than I do positive. I was considering breast implants back when i was 19 and all i heard was 'they feel unnatural, look unnatural, and the rest. And I only added that bit i did about tyra, jennifer, etc because they seem to agree with what everyone else I've heard from says- breast implants dont feel natural. I just found it interesting how some people say one thing, and these are people in the industry where just about everyone has implants, and then others say something else. And i'm neither for or against implants, i'm just saying that while yours may feel/look natural, why then do some many others dont? And ok, its the implant itself, i can believe that. Just wondering why more women dont have the same implant you do, Mira.

I do have a question though; a guy reckons his girlfriend cant lie on her stomach because of her implants- is it true that they prevent you from doing that? It sounded abit comical to me, but does that depend on the hardness of the implant?
    Last edited by DitaPage*; February 27th, 2007 at 07:55 PM.

I'm sure Mira's boobies are beautiful! If she says they feel natural, I am sure they do. Was has she to gain by telling you that if its not true? Why can't some feel natural, and some not so? No need to deal in absolutes. It's not complex.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hi StayYoung, it doesn't hurt to lie on my stomach, but after a while it does become uncomfortable but I've heard that said about natural boobies too. When I used to go to the beach a million years ago I would make bowls in the sand so I could lie on my stomach for a long time to tan.

After a while they become a part of you, if that makes any sense. I can jump around, do aerobics, exercise strenuously, etc. They can even be roughed up during sex. But the first 3 months you have to be extra careful not to do any of that. I was careful for more than 6 months. That is not a bad investment of time considering they are supposed to be permanent.

Mine are 18 years old btw so I bet the technology is even better now. Mine are silicone, btw. I chose that because of something the doc told me something about saline, which I forget now just what it was. But remember that was 18 years ago, so saline is probably fine now.

I really do believe that many women do not take care of themselves properly after surgery and that is why they end up with hardened scar tissue and other horrible problems. That and the fact that they insist on getting bigger ones than their body type will allow. It's also very much about your mental attitude with regard to the success of healing. BTW my daughter has small breasts and she doesn't mind at all. I would say she's a large A or small B. I think she'll continue to not mind as long as she maintains her current weight (very slim).

I think if you're considering it (or were) you should at least talk to a couple of doctors. Don't let them convince you of anything and don't get pressured to commit to anything. A really good doctor will have an assistant or two who will really spend time with you as well as he or she themselves. After all, they should be most concerned about your health and the success of the procedure. It doesn't matter they do it every day... for the person it's a crucial once-in-a-lifetime step.

Edit to add: Actually a good doctor will not pressure you at all. They will be skeptical of your request unless you present with the type of overall attitude that is appropriate for seeking augmentation. I covered that in another thread.
    Last edited by Mira; February 27th, 2007 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks for that info Mira I also wanted to say that I admire you for being honest about being artificially enhanced; i know its a 'personal' thing but i just dont understand why people deny it. They want us to think they were naturally blessed or something. And it only seems to be celebrities because every girl who i know who has had implants has no problem admitting it. Celebrities deny it forever for god knows what reason.

Making bowls in the sand makes sense, haha. I'll suggest that to this guy, maybe he can put holes in the bed for her!

I'm like your daughter then, i'm a small b but happy with it because i'm slim all over. If i put on much weight ever and didn't grow up top, i'd go for the implants, but i'm not thinking about it anymore. Its a big procedure and something i'd only go through if i REALLY wanted it, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, back to Madonna, haha.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Right-e-o!

Just to add a bit to the boob job discussion: My SIL had her silicone implants put under her chest muscle. So it is her own breast which lays on top. Very natural. You'd never guess that she had implants. She had an excellent PS. I just got Botox from him.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information