Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Madonna & Lourdes @ Goblet of Fire UK Premiere

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Default Re: Madonna & Lourdes @ Goblet of Fire UK Premiere

um yeah I heard Lola on Extra last nite and she did have a stupid ass English accent! Whatta freak her mom's turning her into

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    um yeah I heard Lola on Extra last nite and she did have a stupid ass English accent! Whatta freak her mom's turning her into
    Awww give the kid a break Alice.She's being brought up there it's only natural she'd pick up the accent.Now her mother is a totally different story...

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaj View Post
    Just find it odd how 2 weeks ago we jumped down the throats of Pageant Mums for putting makeup on kids and making them look pretty (which I didn't agree with either for the record) but we are advocating plucking a 9 year olds eyebrows? And why should she hide her dark complexion?

Not trying to argue, don't like arguing I just disagree here, sorry
    Thank you for saying this. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by euro-kitty View Post
    I think Lourdes is a pretty little girl though she looks a lot like her ugly father
    What? Carlos Leon is a hottie!

Quote Originally Posted by ray shawn View Post
    What? Carlos Leon is a hottie!
    If you say so

Gold Member

If you say so
    ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by moocow View Post
    Personally, I think it would be better to keep her kids out of the razzi eyes. I think Bon Jovi had the right of it with his criticism.

However, she IS parading her daughter in the public eye, and I do think it's a shame that her daughter will have to look back at how she looked. She's a very pretty girl. But she'll look back at the pictures and see flaws.
    She's 9 years old. I highly doubt Lourdes is worrying about flaws and what she's going to think in the future *if* she ever looks back at these pictures. Plus it's a Harry Potter movie, in London..if I were Lourdes and knew my mom could score some free tickets to see that movie, especially at such a high profile thing and get to play some dress up with my mom..I'd be all over that. I don't think it's parading. If you want to talk about moms parading their children around, go talk to pagent moms who put makeup and fake hair and teeth on their 2 year olds so they can go walk a runway in a pretty dress to be judged. That's crazy!

::edit:: PS..after I wrote this I didn't know y'all had already talked about pagent moms.
    Last edited by beklah324; November 8th, 2005 at 11:42 PM.
    Of course I'm an My horns are holding up my halo!!

Awww give the kid a break Alice.She's being brought up there it's only natural she'd pick up the accent.Now her mother is a totally different story...
    lol..I'm 22 and from Wisconsin, you know a HEY DAR HO DAR accent, although I do not say those words..but I've been told I've got an accent. Anyway, my story. I'm 22 and last Christmas, I went down to Kentucky to visit family and was only there for a week and I started speaking with a southern accent after a few days, the y'alls were pouring out like fine wine from my mouth..I couldn't help it. It was so easy to adapt. I'm sure if I ever moved from WI to any place, NYC, Boston, Cali, Florida, Georgia, where ever..I'd probably pick up on the accent they have down there and my family here in WI would probably make fun of me for it.

And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Last edited by beklah324; November 8th, 2005 at 11:43 PM.
    Of course I'm an My horns are holding up my halo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Isn't Lourdes 9??

What mother would wax her 9 year olds lip and eyebrows...come on, now... some of you are being ridiculous
    I agree.Since when is it cool to tear down a 9 year old child?

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    again w/ the purple Madge?

why exactly ... I wonder??
    At her age purple hair rinse would seem more appropriate

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Saw the Botox lines and laughed. But what reallly gets me laughing is the fact that Madonna was recently criticized by someone (can't remember who) for bringing her kids to movie premiers, to which her publicist replied *Madonna does not bring her children to premiers'. Okaaaaayyyyy.

And the purple? Yech. The boots? yech. The kid? Well, at least I know it wasn't HER who stole my very favorite eyebrow tweezers. She looks like a deer in the headlights. The accent would probably be normal since she lives and is schooled in England.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Saw the Botox lines and laughed. But what reallly gets me laughing is the fact that Madonna was recently criticized by someone (can't remember who) for bringing her kids to movie premiers
    It was Jon Bon Jovi.

Quote Originally Posted by moocow View Post
    Every time I see that girl, I want to do something about her eyebrows and upper lip. Then she'll look cute as a button.
    Lourdes is very pretty, beautiful eyes & hair, beautiful skin, but I must agree with the eyebrows & upperlip. The eyebrows are too much, almost unibrowish. Lourdes is what, 9 now I think, or possibly 10? Yeah, she may want to think about waxing or tweezing pretty soon. I have a daughter the same age and her friends that have more fuller eyebrows are already talking about it. That's about the age where the girls start becoming more aware of their looks and how the other girls their age look. I'm not bashing anyone, just saying that they have a higher self-awareness at that age. Girls that age also want to be their mom's best friend and be just like them, so I doubt Madonna is parading her kid around. I'm sure Lourdes wanted to go. If she's anything like my daughter who is the same age, she probably wants to hang with her mom all the time. Madonna better hang onto those moments, when Lourdes is a teen she won't want to be seen in public with her probably. LOL
    Last edited by card; November 9th, 2005 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beklah324 View Post
    lol..I'm 22 and from Wisconsin, you know a HEY DAR HO DAR accent, although I do not say those words..but I've been told I've got an accent. Anyway, my story. I'm 22 and last Christmas, I went down to Kentucky to visit family and was only there for a week and I started speaking with a southern accent after a few days, the y'alls were pouring out like fine wine from my mouth..I couldn't help it. It was so easy to adapt. I'm sure if I ever moved from WI to any place, NYC, Boston, Cali, Florida, Georgia, where ever..I'd probably pick up on the accent they have down there and my family here in WI would probably make fun of me for it.

And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    I am from Wisconsin too, and I DO NOT have that accent, and have only noticed that people from Northern Wisconsin do. Actually anything north of Milwaukee.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information