Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madonna & Lourdes @ Goblet of Fire UK Premiere

Default Re: Madonna & Lourdes @ Goblet of Fire UK Premiere

Personally, I think it would be better to keep her kids out of the razzi eyes. I think Bon Jovi had the right of it with his criticism.

However, she IS parading her daughter in the public eye, and I do think it's a shame that her daughter will have to look back at how she looked. She's a very pretty girl. But she'll look back at the pictures and see flaws.

I think 9 is way too young to be seeing flaws. I don't have children but when I do I would be very worried if they were so self conscious at such a young age. Fair enough a bit of pink nailvarnish isn't going to hurt anyone but to start waxing? - Jesus I cant wax myself, it hurts too damn much. (By the way I don't have a 'tache - I was referring to my legs! )

As for parading her in the public eye, it is a kids film. I doubt Lourdes had any problem going.

I think Lourde's will be beautiful when she's older but if Madonna's got any sense she'll buy her some tweezers before she's 16!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Nope, standard lines either have a bend/curve in them or are horizontal. The odd vertical ones are signs that something in that area got nuked i.e. paralyzed by Botox.
    I still can see them, but if you say so I believe you!
    I had no doubts anyway that she uses Botox because of her age, but I think she uses it in a reasonable way because her face looks ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaj View Post
    I think 9 is way too young to be seeing flaws. I don't have children but when I do I would be very worried if they were so self conscious at such a young age.
    No, but looking back at one's own pictures at that age, the ugly age, most people are embarrased by how they looked then. I know I am. I was absolutely hideous at that age (and it never got much better either, hehe )
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    No, but looking back at one's own pictures at that age, the ugly age, most people are embarrased by how they looked then. I know I am. I was absolutely hideous at that age (and it never got much better either, hehe )

Me too, god I've got some horrors in my family's photo album, podgy, ruler straight fringe that starts at the crown of my head, stripy tights, the works. But hey - thats what its like for everyone. Seen some of my other halfs pics and he's wearing bermuda shorts, socks pulled up to his knees, huge trainers and shal we say an 'interesting' haircut. But we were kids?! All I say is don't focus on the kids too much, we all start off as ugly ducklings. - not that I think Lourdes is, she's gorgeous.

Gahhh, I know. I'll never forgive my mom for the way she imposed my hairstyle back then. Horrible. But anyway, kids are a whole lot more self conscious now than before. It's pretty weird.

Me too, god I've got some horrors in my family's photo album, podgy, ruler straight fringe that starts at the crown of my head, stripy tights, the works. But hey - thats what its like for everyone. Seen some of my other halfs pics and he's wearing bermuda shorts, socks pulled up to his knees, huge trainers and shal we say an 'interesting' haircut. But we were kids?! All I say is don't focus on the kids too much, we all start off as ugly ducklings. - not that I think Lourdes is, she's gorgeous.
    No, that's why I said "looking back". At that age itself, you're blissfully unaware because all the other kids are as fugly as you are It's almost the norm. My pix are in albums, hidden in trunks, buried in the basement

But times have changed, sadly, and the age that kids do become very conscious of their appearance does get younger and younger

***** celeb

My pix are in albums, hidden in trunks, buried in the basement

I think you should dig some out and we can start an embarassing picture thread!!

I totally understand where you're coming from, just think its a little sad that we critisize youngsters, I wasn't referring to you though

My pix are in albums, hidden in trunks, buried in the basement

I think you should dig some out and we can start an embarassing picture thread!!

I totally understand where you're coming from, just think its a little sad that we critisize youngsters, I wasn't referring to you though
    's okay (and no: them pix are gonna stay buried. Wouldn't want to be held responsible for the end of the world )

***** celeb

That's just it, I'm not critisizing Lourdes, but Madonna. Madonna gets out there to create as much attention for herself as possible - has to promote the new album, kaballah, etc. There are ways she could have gone without parading her daughter in front of everyone, but she chose to.

The problem I have is with as much as she does to make herself up in hair, clothing, makeup, botox, etc, she brings her daughter out looking much like she did when she was younger. If Madonna had no problem with the look, she wouldn't have changed her appearance so much now. And no, she doesn't have to wax Lourdes. Tweezers would work just fine, or even giving her clothes that wouldn't draw attention to the dark complexion.

Bronze Member

Lola is Paris Hilton in training.........

Just find it odd how 2 weeks ago we jumped down the throats of Pageant Mums for putting makeup on kids and making them look pretty (which I didn't agree with either for the record) but we are advocating plucking a 9 year olds eyebrows? And why should she hide her dark complexion?

Not trying to argue, don't like arguing I just disagree here, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by moocow View Post
    even giving her clothes that wouldn't draw attention to the dark complexion.
    My dad was Spanish so naturally I have a dark complexion and I would never dream of wearing clothes that don't draw attention to my skin colour. On the contrary, I wear colours that bring out my olive skin, I'm proud of it!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Ok, let me rephrase what I said. I'm sick at home and my comments apparently aren't clear enough.

It's not that a dark complexion is bad. I have a dark complexion. However, I also know that certain colors or lack of will change my features. If I wear green or yellow, my skin looks greenish. If I wear pastels I look totally washed out. If I wear most shades of pink, my face looks like a lobster.

It's like - if she were to wear clothes that complimented her skin tone better, it would work better. She may well not have any hair on her upper lip, but the colors of the clothes emphasize shading in the skin tone.

As for suggesting plucking the unibrow, I'm not saying it to make her look like a little beauty queen. I'm also not suggesting makeup, etc. I'm saying that she's going to look back on pictures of herself and not like the way she looks like that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information