Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Madonna and daughter leaving their apartment in New York City (06/27/2006)

Elite Member

Default Re: Madonna and daughter leaving their apartment in New York City (06/27/2006)

I'm all for being bilingual. I think people should know more than one language totally. If Madonna can teach her children more than one language good for her. I just find it difficult to believe that if you teach a young child more than 2 languages at one time that they will fully master them. They might 'understand' it, they might learn a few phrases, but to say a child is fully fluent in more than 2 languages (read, write, speak it), that's very difficult. I speak and write both English and Spanish. But I grew up with both languages in the home. I think I could've mastered another one as a teen or even now, because my language skills are strong (after years and years of use), but that's great if Madonna's kids can do it.

Bronze Member

Default Re: Madonna and daughter leaving their apartment in New York City (06/27/2006)

her legs do looked a bit waxed, but whatever she is such a beautiful child, I love her hair. I had lots of body hair growing up, weird ears, and a big chest for being petitte and skinny, so I am sorry I wish my parents would have intervened to make my childhood less stress free. Using nair, laser, or any other safe products to help a child build a better self steem is nothing wrong, worst is parents that neglect and hit their children. While you don't want to teach your children that beauty is all, let's face it, life is tougher when for less attractive people.

Madonna is a fairly short, but strong woman. I think that she'd make a great mum!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia
    Lourdes seems to have received none of her father's DNA, except coloring. She looks exactly like Madonna, otherwise. I've never seen a child look so much like her mother. Any parent, for that matter. Madonna shaped the child's face in utero by sheer force of her gargantuan egomaniacal will.

As far as nairing a child's eyebrows, I probably wouldn't have done it, but I don't think it's a big deal if there really is a lot of noticeable hair. It only takes a few minutes, and it's just grooming.

I wanted to shave my legs SO badly when I was about 10. I was terribly self-conscious about it & hated to wear shorts in the summertime. My mother said I couldn't do it, but I felt so strongly about it that I did it anyway. She never said anything. I let my daughter start shaving as soon as she asked to do it.
    OMG, Lobes. Exactly. I could have written that word for word but since you did, I won't.

Just another hairy woman here, wishing my mom had introduced the wonderful world of hair removal to me LONG before she did...would have saved me some heartache for sure.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Forget her eyebrows people, I'd be scared of touching that disgusting, veiny arm attached to my mother.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information