Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lucy Liu at the Vanity Fair Oscar party (02/25/07)

Well, didn't you get the memo? Racism is the new black.

I am sorry if I offended anyone with my "flap" comment. I think there are extremely pretty asian people, I meant nothing racist by that remark, her eyes just bother me, not the whole asian communities eyes, just hers.

Again, I apologize!

Bronze Member

Wow those damn racist comments i'm speechless....
    It really hurts to hear or read things like that,maybe i'm touchy but it does.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I'd like to urge you guys to use the report system if you find posters making racist comments because mods may not be able to read every thread there is on this board (as Chilly Willy said, if it's just once, I'd also give benefit of a doubt, maybe the comment was just poorly communicated). I'm not a mod anymore so I don't know if anything has been done i.e. warning/infraction but everyone has agreed to the posting rules when they all registered at this forum.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=9 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1>There are a few things you need to be aware of before posting.

We do not accept racism or homophobia or any other forms of prejudice here. If this sort of manner continues, you will be banned with no warning.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=9 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>Reporting Posts</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>You are encouraged to use the reporting button to report a post which you feel has violated the Posting Guidelines.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

IMO, one can claim to be no racist but their actions and words can show racist tendencies.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Bronze Member

Thanks Moomies!!!!

Yes, thanks Moomies. Everybody please report these kind of offensive posts. They are against the rules and the mods can't be everywhere. We rely on posters to let us know when posts like this happen.

oh no....chilly willy...not you again. i'm telling you once again- i'm not a racist. Lucy's not pretty to me, not because she's asian, but just because her eyes are really ugly to me, that's it. If what you want is the mods to bann me, go ahead, but just leave me alone please) thank you!

Uh, it's not just Chilly Willy who takes offense to your remarks. The reason your posts sound racist as hell is because you always seem to to include a whole race of people when you make comments about one individual. And they're always minorities.

You're full of it and yes, you've been reported.

Quote Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
    Uh, it's not just Chilly Willy who takes offense to your remarks. The reason your posts sound racist as hell is because you always seem to to include a whole race of people when you make comments about one individual. And they're always minorities.

You're full of it and yes, you've been reported.
    whatever....
    i didnt offend anyone, i'm saying what i think. if the girl is ugly, i say it. I guess everybody here does. Look at the other people's comments

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

You can say that you think a celeb is ugly all you want but you should leave their race and ethnicity out of it, that is the very part people find offensive, as though you are saying they are ugly because of their race/ethnicity. And as much as you'd like to defend yourself that you are not a racist, it is still possible to make racially offensive posts as you have done more than once. It is not an appropriate behaviour and you need to realize that. Racism is not always blatant or explicit, it can even be subtle and implicit but it will show in the way you phrase your words.
    How can you say that you didn't offend anyone when more than one poster find your comments offensive? Perhaps it is time you learn what is perceived racially offensive and what is simply tasteful celebrity criticism.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

[quote=moomies;579147]
    How can you say that you didn't offend anyone when more than one poster find your comments offensive? [quote]

what the hell does it mean? I guess that offended posters are Hally Berry and Salma Hayek....

Hello, Salma! Hello, Hally

No,really, i dont get it. But i'll try my best to leave race and ethnicity out of my comments if you insist.

i dont get that thing, that asian girls are so in. i think only a few of them are pretty.

Translates into: most Asian girls are ugly.

she looks like shit. an average looking mexican woman of 40 y.o.

Translates into: The average Mexican woman of 40 looks like shit.

she's just an african american....with those curly wicked hair....too full lips

Translates into: African American women can't be attractive, because of their typical features.

Do I really have to spell it out for you? Your posts are offensive, because you put down entire races, not just single individuals, such as Halle Berry or Lucy Lui.

The fact that you refuse to rethink your statements makes this a crystal clear case.

Also, I think you're vicious, because your racist remarks are always just carefully hinting, never obvious enough to get people thinking right away. So don't try to play dumb, even though you do hat very convincingly.

I hope you get banned for this shit.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    i dont get that thing, that asian girls are so in. i think only a few of them are pretty.

Translates into: African American women can't be attractive, because of their typical features.

Do I really have to spell it out for you? Your posts are offensive, because you put down entire races, not just single individuals, such as Halle Berry or Lucy Lui.

The fact that you refuse to rethink your statements makes this a crystal clear case.

Also, I think you're vicious, because your racist remarks are always just carefully hinting, never obvious enough to get people thinking right away. So don't try to play dumb, even though you do hat very convincingly.

AMEN to everything stated above!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post

i hope i get banned, so you'll feel better, my dear)
    there's no need to spend some much of your precious time and attention on me, you're just obsessed
    take it easy, pal and ....god bless you

Sure, I'm obsessed. That's why you find me on every other thread bashing ethnic minorities.

And putting a racist in her place is never a waste of time. If you see something, say something. I was raised to do that.

Oh and by the way, God wouldn't want to be associated with you anyway, because it's people like you who make this world a fucked up place.
    Last edited by Chilly Willy; March 9th, 2007 at 09:10 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information