Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Liv Tyler at the Metropolitan Opera Opening Night (09/25/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by pinklilycat View Post
    That's just mean.

I agree with you SunShine23 - you're in the right. I've seen Liv in the flesh as her husband is from the same city as me and she occasionally visits. She's stunningly beautiful and by normal standards very, very thin. Anyone who thinks the woman is anywhere near overweight has serious body issue problems.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
    It's a joke. On many boards, including this one in various incarnations, posters were told they must be fat and/or jealous if they called someone else too fat or too thin. My point is that you can't win on these boards.

she's beautiful, i love her outfit!!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

She's a big, healthy girl and looks great.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by dakodas View Post
    It's a joke. On many boards, including this one in various incarnations, posters were told they must be fat and/or jealous if they called someone else too fat or too thin. My point is that you can't win on these boards.
    I'm sorry for saying she's "obese". Next time, I'll try and find better words.

Maybe I do have body issue, but more about bone size/strength. Anyhow Sunshine is very overly aggressive on most posts, regardless of this one. It's all or nothing with her. And I don't appreciate it- the narrowmindedness.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

She seems nice enough and looks attractive sometimes. Her facial proportions are weird, imo, and I've never looked at her and thought "Wow". Her sis is better looking. Liv looks a little 'special' around the eyes.

Liv looks a little 'special' around the eyes.
    Ohmigod! Are you for real??? "SPECIAL" ??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in shock...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I think she is gorgeous and statuesque, not overweight, nor "big".

She is such a classy girl~ She looks fucken amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by moncherie View Post
    Isn't her sister a plus-size model?
    Yep she is. I think they're half sisters though.
    debauched.

Quote Originally Posted by pinklilycat View Post
    Ohmigod! The world has arrived at a terrible point if people are regarding this very slim and beautiful woman as OBESE...
    WTF!!!!!!!!
    agreed! that's like saying Angelina Jolie's lips are too small. it's just BS

Elite Member

I'm getting the feeling that someone has the word obese confused with words like tall, statuesque and big-boned. Liv isn't anywhere near obese; she's obviously a tall woman, though, and as a physically mature woman, she isn't as thin and narrow as the underweight children we're used to seeing in ads and on the catwalk - the tall women we see in the media are usually very narrow-shouldered, with underdeveloped hips and very little bodyfat. Liv isn't, because she's a healthy adult woman. That's really all there is to it.

She looks really great, btw. Love the dress and make-up.

Elite Member

The words BITTER JEALOUS FATTIE were invented for times like this Jamie. Just ignore IT.
    First off, in high school, I was big, I admit. But, I started getting healthy and lost the weight, so no I am not a bitter jealous fattie. I never said I own this board. I was just saying that I know people who are Liv's height and weigh more than her and are not obese. So, there was no reason for you to insult me. I'll show you my picture right now if you want. Pretty low blow. I was being honest, do you think that was easy?

I think there was also some confusion that someone frankly said she was obese ( which I don't think actually happened) instead of saying that she's a woman who has a large frame, so she would/maybe/might/could probably look 'obese' if she gained some weight because she isn't petite to begin with.
    It's not that she's fat but she can be described as being "big" because she's tall (5'10 I think?) and has broad shoulders and hips.
    I would describe someone like Lucy Lawless the same way.They're both slim and healthy but certainly not petite or tiny.

Elite Member

BTW, I didn't call anyone too fat or too thin. You were the one who agreed that Liv was obese. I said she was normal for her height.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Bitter Jealous Fattie is an inside joke that many long time posters on this board have known since APS and other message boards... I understand that some new posters don't know the history of this joke and might take it as a personal attack but as dakodas explained it wasn't meant as a personal insult and was just a joke.

JFYI, GR almost made a T-shirt that printed Bitter Jealous Fattie and even registered an internet domain, that's how popular of a joke it was.

I just want to remind our regulars that new members are not aware of this and may misunderstand the intent so be cautious who you direct the BJF jokes to.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information