Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liv Tyler at the Metropolitan Opera Opening Night (09/25/2006)

I think she looks great. She's hardly obese or big - she's healthy unlike many other actresses IMO.
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

Elite Member

BMI's have been touted as inaccurate. Mostly because muscle weighs more than fat. By BMI standards, football players are all obese. BMI is not a good way to measure obesity.

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    BMI's have been touted as inaccurate. Mostly because muscle weighs more than fat. By BMI standards, football players are all obese. BMI is not a good way to measure obesity.
    Many football players are obese. They are extreme examples. Liv does not strike me as particularly muscular. BMI's(as I noted in my original post) can be flawed and are thus general guidelines. Are you disagreeing that if Liv weighed 230 pounds she would be clinically obese? You, who believe she weighs 150 now??? So if she gained 80 pounds she would just be pleasantly plump? Make up your mind.

anyone that thinks she is obese needs to go to the weight forum and check out the "REAL" woman thread

How these beautiful girls managed to grow up and be sucessful is a true miracle. Love Liv! And would be affraid, very affraid to sit next to UMA at dinner time too, LOL!

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dakodas View Post
    Many football players are obese. They are extreme examples. Liv does not strike me as particularly muscular. BMI's(as I noted in my original post) can be flawed and are thus general guidelines. Are you disagreeing that if Liv weighed 230 pounds she would be clinically obese? You, who believe she weighs 150 now??? So if she gained 80 pounds she would just be pleasantly plump? Make up your mind.
    What are you talking about? Take a good look at the pic. I've seen women who are tall and weigh 180 lbs. Hell, I've been there way back. So, no, she does not weigh 180. My friend is 6'1'' and weighs like 210 and she is plump. Liv has no skin hanging out, thin legs, thin looking arms. I highly doubt she ways 180. If she weighed 230 she still wouldnt be obese because of her height. BMI's, as both of us have noted, can be majorlly flawed.

What are you talking about? Take a good look at the pic. I've seen women who are tall and weigh 180 lbs. Hell, I've been there way back. So, no, she does not weigh 180. My friend is 6'1'' and weighs like 210 and she is plump. Liv has no skin hanging out, thin legs, thin looking arms. I highly doubt she ways 180. If she weighed 230 she still wouldnt be obese because of her height. BMI's, as both of us have noted, can be majorlly flawed.
    Do You Own this board or something? I'm SO sorry that I ever opened my mouth and said the word "obese", very BAD terminology. I'm sure I had a point, but nevermind!

Uh, yes..somewhat flawed when factors such as age, ethnicity and muscularity are not taken into account. She is NOT muscular, as a white person she IS who most statistical studies are about and she has not experienced age related wasting or lack of height. Next! You just do not know what you are talking about-PERIOD.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieElizabeth View Post
    Do You Own this board or something? I'm SO sorry that I ever opened my mouth and said the word "obese", very BAD terminology. I'm sure I had a point, but nevermind!
    The words BITTER JEALOUS FATTIE were invented for times like this Jamie. Just ignore IT.

^ I like these boards b/c you CAN HAVE AN OPINION. I just don't like the abrasion now...

She can't weigh 150(because I weigh 145 and am not fat). I was commenting on her BODY FRAME AS BEING BIG. Look at the woman's hands, she could stangle someone with one fist.

lol it was fun reading this thread..an argument seemed to pop up out of no where.
    She looks pretty here (her skin and hair always look nice).
    She is a big woman as in tall,broad shoulders and has a large frame. I think gaining weight would make her look noticably bigger because of the way her body is proportioned rather than her frame though .

This is TRUE beauty.....she is simply breathtaking!
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Liv's looking gorgeous as always. Anyone who dares to differ, I shall strangle with one fist!! Bwa ha ha ha!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

She is beautiful IMO and in no way looks 'big' 'large' or overweight. Her frame and height would suggest to me that she could carry any extra weight fairly well(if she had any extra weight that is).

She's gorgeous, always looks so fresh faced.

The words BITTER JEALOUS FATTIE were invented for times like this Jamie. Just ignore IT.
    That's just mean.

I agree with you SunShine23 - you're in the right. I've seen Liv in the flesh as her husband is from the same city as me and she occasionally visits. She's stunningly beautiful and by normal standards very, very thin. Anyone who thinks the woman is anywhere near overweight has serious body issue problems.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information