Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Kobe Bryant, wife Vanessa & daughter

Default Re: Kobe Bryant, wife Vanessa & daughter

Guys, you are still blaming the victim. Next you will say if a woman wears a short skirt walking down the street alone she should have been more careful...

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy
    ^^^ I've never been in that situation.........how does it get to that??? I don't know, I guess you might be hanging out with the wrong people or something.....Not trying to be rude, but it's like when you hear of someone being assaulted, it's usually a once in a lifetime event. more than once, I'd just say re-evaluate the crowd you hang with.

**Sorry to drift off folks, back to gossiping now**
    Well, it's a well-known legal fact that the majority of rapes -- in Canada they're called sexual assualts -- are committed by people you know at least a litte. Date rape etc. It's rather difficult to predict this kind of thing.

A completely normal guy can change dramatically once he has you alone or he gets a few drinks in him. Maybe when you've lived on the planet a little longer, you'll learn that it's not always the woman's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by dakodas
    Guys, you are still blaming the victim. Next you will say if a woman wears a short skirt walking down the street alone she should have been more careful...
    I think there's a world of difference between wearing a short skirt and minding your own business and becoming fall-down drunk with a bunch of complete strangers. I wouldn't warn my daughter off wearing short skirts, but becoming wasted with a bunch of guys she doesn't know? Hell yeah, I'd tell her not to do that. (Though she's so extremely conservative in her behavior I haven't had to have that talk.) In SOME situations you CAN do something to protect yourself and in many there is no way you can/could have controlled it. While, as I said, the only criminal act is committed by the man, I think it's overly PC to say that behaving foolishly does not make you more vulnerable to criminals.

A*O

Well I think if you go out dressed and behaving like a ho then most blokes, simple souls that they are, will assume you are up for it. It's wrong, but that's how they are hardwired. In the infamous Mike Tyson rape case, the girl went to his hotel room at 3am - what the hell did she expect? She didn't deserve to be raped, but she DID put herself in a potentially dangerous situation and she must take at least some responsibility for that. It's not fair - but that's how it is.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

You are preaching to the choir here. But I am just saying that some girl is going to walk down the street looking pretty and some MF who would have raped my grandmother is going to assault her. They will say it was HER fault. It is true. A fact of life. No one here is wrong.

^^Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23
    To be honest I would do the same thing she did at that age. If a multimillionaire wanted to marry me at 18 and have me living in a mansion with servants I would jump at it. At 18 all I thought about was how to pay for college and books. Financial freedom at 18 would have been incredible. But, now at 25 and with a good job I wouldn't do that but, at 18 I would honestly would.
    WHen you grow up with no money you would be surprise at what you would do to hang on to it when you finally have some.
    NOT ME!!! Married = having to think about someone else, and all I wanted to do when I was 18 was focus on ME ME ME! There's no way IN HELL I would have been married to anyone, let alone someone in the media spotlight 24/7.

Now, I didn't follow the trial. I don't know the FACTS that were acquired during the investigation. So all I'll say is this: I am so skeeved to see this word "rapist" bandied about so shamelessly. Is Kobe Bryant really a rapist? Or was the girl just another lying opportunist? I often have to avoid the news (don't wanna end up in a bell tower with an assault rifle), and this was one of those scandals I simply had to avoid as much as possible. Robin Givens, anybody?? She was a lying, opportunistic, manipulative hag who probably willfully put herself in danger for a big pay-off.

PS
    ALL women are whores.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Angry Re: Kobe Bryant, wife Vanessa & daughter

WIcked you are officially on my "Not Cool" list...
    at least for today...

Is it because I said "all women are whores"? Well, we are. We each have our price for whatever it is we're willing to do. Hell, I've flirted with an ugly man behind the counter to get something for free. That was whorish behavior, and I am not ashamed to admit it. Even smiling and batting an eye and asking a stranger for a cigarette is whorish behavior. IMO.

So, if all women are whores, then what are all men? Fools. We're nothing but a bunch of whores and fools!! Ain't it grand?

Or were you upset by my Kobe comment? Because, quite honestly, I purposefully avoided most of the story. Rape is a serious allegation, and each allegation must be investigated thoroughly. As much as I'd like to believe that most people are good people, there are those out there that will lie shamelessly to make a buck. They will even claim rape or molestation. I'm not saying the girl did. Either way, it's a shame. Either Kobe's a rapist, or the girl's a reprehensible liar (cuz rape is NOT to be joked about or falsified, so to speak). That's why I avoided the trial: THE WHOLE MESS WAS A BIG FUCKING SHAME. Nothing but a display of some of the most shameful human behavior for all the world to see. Quite infuriating, quite depressing.

So, yeah it makes me shudder when I read people's posts calling Kobe a rapist because 1) if he ain't, he's labeled as one due to some sick fuck's lie *shudder* and 2) if he is, he's free and roaming the streets as a "good guy." *shudder*

I hope some of this gets me back into your good graces, Alice!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Yeah! so there Wicked!
    & men are pigs; they'll eat (screw) anything tossed at them!

SUck IT Trabeck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland
    Yeah! so there Wicked!
    & men are pigs; they'll eat (screw) anything tossed at them!

SUck IT Trabeck!!!
    So you like me again? Pleeeeease Alice!!

Bronze Member

Go to www.yahoo.com click on the video link and type 'Vanessa Bryant' a funny video wil come up!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information