Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kobe Bryant, wife Vanessa & daughter

Default Re: Kobe Bryant, wife Vanessa & daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy
    ^^^ I've never been in that situation.........how does it get to that??? I don't know, I guess you might be hanging out with the wrong people or something.....Not trying to be rude, but it's like when you hear of someone being assaulted, it's usually a once in a lifetime event. more than once, I'd just say re-evaluate the crowd you hang with.

**Sorry to drift off folks, back to gossiping now**
    It was definitely wrong crowd. I went with a friend not realizing she fucked all the guys we were with-I said NO-push came to shove-and I lost. Thank god he wore a condom.

^^^ Sorry to hear you had to experience that, it must be really traumatic.

^^^ Sorry to hear you had to experience that, it must be really traumatic.
    Not as traumatic as you would think. Those were rules of the jungle. Watch a cheetah slay a zebra and you understand. It wasn't my fault-that stuff happens in those situations. Those were the rules of the game. I am responsible for putting myself there. Harder to cope with is when people you trust betray you.

Quote Originally Posted by tiki
    What does a cheetah and a zebra have to do with rape?
    I was prey. I put myself in a situation where I had NO power and someone so much stronger than me did. It doesn't make RAPE right but it makes it understandable. To the victor go the spoils.

Quote Originally Posted by tiki
    Odd comparison and I DO NOT find rape understandable. It is not survival of the fittest like the food chain.??...??
    ask the women and children of Bosnia. Sometimes it beez like that. Men rape and pillage.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix
    So, Victor's the guy that did this to you?
    oh, gee how funny. CREEP.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Rizzo
    I have a very hard time believing you actually think this way. Please tell me you're just trying to start shit.
    So are u trying to tell me that it's normal to get attacked more than once in your lifetime????? like sexually or otherwise assaulted. I don't think I was starting nothing. I just do not think it is normal, hence if it's happening to you, you need to re-evaluate the crowd you hang with, th eguys you meet and try not to get yourself in the wrong situation for it to continue happening.

Silver Member

Well, if she sticks by him, it is her choice for being dumb. I do believe she is a golddigger.

Another thing is that he has been accused of rape, but how do we know the true story to call him a rapist?There was a lot of evidence that pointed to her as lying. Right after Kobe supposedly raped her, she slept with someone else.

By no means, I am NOT defending Kobe and I think he is scum. But to call him a rapist is doing so without knowing what the truth is. You are innocent until proven guilty.

^^ honey, I see you are new. On here, just one event is the death of you, of course except the saintly Angelina Jolie who can never be wrong.

Nothing like blaming the victim. Nice. It doesn't matter one bit who you hang out with, where you are, what you wear... if somebody ELSE pushes themself on you against your will, THEY are in the wrong.
    Yes, a rapist is always in the wrong. What I am saying is that the act of betrayal is worse, for me anyway, if the individual is trusted or comes in your locked home. I really don't have trauma issues from being raped by a big huge guy who thought I was there for the party. It wasn't my fault, and I don't forgive the slime-sucking bastard, but it didn't turn my world inside out.

So are u trying to tell me that it's normal to get attacked more than once in your lifetime????? like sexually or otherwise assaulted. I don't think I was starting nothing. I just do not think it is normal, hence if it's happening to you, you need to re-evaluate the crowd you hang with, th eguys you meet and try not to get yourself in the wrong situation for it to continue happening.
    Actually, it is NORMAL. Research shows us that previous victims of domestic violence or sexual abuse are more likely to be victims again than someone else.

Nothing like blaming the victim. Nice. It doesn't matter one bit who you hang out with, where you are, what you wear... if somebody ELSE pushes themself on you against your will, THEY are in the wrong.
    So are u trying to tell me that it is okay to always have people pushing themselves on you against your will????

It isn't okay is my point. Be very careful even after one incident so it doesn't repeat itself. Like if you were in a crowded room with someone you didn't know that well, you are playing it safe, but getting yourself in compromising situations where they have the chance to push themselves on you is not okay. So you need to either be careful of the people you hang with, or just be careful the situations you get in. Simple!!! How hard is that to grasp??

Quote Originally Posted by dakodas
    Actually, it is NORMAL. Research shows us that previous victims of domestic violence or sexual abuse are more likely to be victims again than someone else.

really, I didn't realize that honestly.

I guess, having never been in that situation it is easy for me to judge from the outside.

Many interesting stats here, including the likelihood that the victim will know the perpetrator and the chances of a young rape victim being raped again in adulthood.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/svfacts.htm

Quote Originally Posted by lennonfan
    Many interesting stats here, including the likelihood that the victim will know the perpetrator and the chances of a young rape victim being raped again in adulthood.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/svfacts.htm
    Thank you so much for posting this.

^^^ That site was great, it actually delved a lot deeper than just societal, social and individual factors that I was harping on.

^^ My initial point was either a bad situation or the wrong people. So not just a bad situation. But yeah, I guess even your husband or boyfriend can rape you. that's just tough luck if you get a scumbag for a husband or a boyfriend. But that aside, I think it's okay to be careful th ekind of people that you hang around with. That's why I never trust any guys I meet right off the bat, you never know, there's always some looneys out there.

^^ But that aside, I think it's okay to be careful th ekind of people that you hang around with.
    So true. I knew a woman who was raped on two separate occasions...she happened to have a drinking problem and put herself in vulnerable situations while looking for Mr. Goodbar. The men were the only ones committing criminal behavior, but could she have avoided those men and situations if she dealt with her drinking problem and the behavior that it led to? Most definitely. I eventually lost touch with her, btw. I couldn't deal with the whole self-destruction drama.
    There are some women who leave themselves very, very vulnerable.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information