Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kim Kardashian - DJ Battle at The 2007 MTV Movie Awards Style Launch (05/31/07)

Elite Member

I think a lot of people who aren't used to seeing figures like this think they're 'exaggerated' but if you live in an area where there are a lot of ethnic and hispanic looking women, these types of figures aren't considered exaggerated at all. In fact, they're considered the norm. A lot of 'short' women have curvy, busty bodies and that includes big butts and hips...and they're not fat. Salma Hayek, the singer Selena and numerous other women have these curvy bodies...and most of the women I know haven't gone under the knife and gotten butt or breast implants. That's just how they're built.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    I think a lot of people who aren't used to seeing figures like this think they're 'exaggerated' but if you live in an area where there are a lot of ethnic and hispanic looking women, these types of figures aren't considered exaggerated at all. In fact, they're considered the norm. A lot of 'short' women have curvy, busty bodies and that includes big butts and hips...and they're not fat. Salma Hayek, the singer Selena and numerous other women have these curvy bodies...and most of the women I know haven't gone under the knife and gotten butt or breast implants. That's just how they're built.
    You said what i failed to demonstrate previously!LOL
    Amen Prettygirl!!!! from what people say Kim is far from being natural but there are women who are naturally short and curvy like that.And i think they're very pretty too.I have African origins and i 've also seen a lot of naturally curvy and short women like that .
    But what i will add is that there shouldn't be "a norm" though,people should accept the fact that not everyone is supposed to look a certain way,there shouldn't be "standards".

There is something you can't fight...it's called DNA if you're supposed to be skinny just be skinny and accept that, if you're supposed to be curvy or heavy with "exaggerated" curves just embrace it.Also people in general should be more tolerant,I mean i love me some Salma or Beyonce but damn Nathalie Portman and Gisele can't do no wrong at all.Voila!That's what i wanted to say,Pheew!!HAHA.
    Last edited by Makedah24; June 5th, 2007 at 04:29 PM.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I'm a 100% white woman and built almost identically to Kim......same height, boobs, small waist, etc. Maybe that's why I get so excited to see pics of her because everyone likes to see their 'type' represented (and praised). We ALL like to feel validated whether that is easy to admit or not. A few years ago I was extremely thin due to smoking like a chimney and eating ephedra like candy (not to lose weight, but it sure boosted my training workouts!). You don't get a lot of sympathy for going from a size 2/4 to a 6. I used to wear a 3 in Juniors now I wear a 5 or 7 depending on the brand. I wore a 2 in Misses, now I wear a 4 or 6, depending. It doesn't matter that I was likely too thin before (you could count my ribs), when you put on your former clothes and they are way too tight (if you can get them on at all) you psychologically feel fat. I am not proud of that vanity and I continue to engage in heavy exercise 4x per week because I enjoy it and need to get the stress out. However, it does me good to see Kim looking so pretty and sexy and wearing clothes that flatter her figure because those same clothes would look good on me,too.

I love certain cuts of clothes but grasp that not everything looks good on everybody. Shapely women, especially short ones, don't look good in cigarette pants and certain clothes can easily make you look short and squatty, even if you are lean and toned. It is frustrating. I guess what my point is that beauty has many faces and we need to try not to be mutually exclusive and realize that just as Giselle really rocks those short shorts and Kate Moss looks edible in her skinny jeans, girls like Kim (and me!) look great in belted dresses and Vneck tops (and, of course, high heels). It does bother me somewhat that 'ethnic' girls seem to get a pass on being curvy, yet if we see the same shape on a white girl people are quicker to call it thick.

I hate those balloon dresses/skirts. No one manages to look good in them.

This is just an ethnic body. Hers is fake as a 3 dollar bill, but that is of no sonsequence.

America has finally become diverse in what beauty entails. Blue-eyed blond with fine features is not the media backed status of beauty anymore. The curvy ethnic body is still new to mainstream and people like KK will be seen as fascinating, while many of us have been seeing this since birth.

Now, her skandom is not normal.

America has finally become diverse in what beauty entails. Blue-eyed blond with fine features is not the media backed status of beauty anymore. The curvy ethnic body is still new to mainstream and people like KK will be seen as fascinating, while many of us have been seeing this since birth.
    Agreed, I just take exception to the idea that it's okay for 'those girls' to have that figure and the assumption that white girls are all tall and thin. Just as there are lanky black or hispanic women, there are curvy white girls with that 'ethnic' body,too. But it isn't called an 'ethnic body' on a white girl is it?

the lady with the pink shoes looks like a basted(sp?) turkey

Elite Member

I disagree. I hear people calling ethnic women who are built this way 'thick' and 'fat' all the time. I don't think hispanic or black women get some 'free pass' to look like this. We are severely critisized over our shapes all the time! Look at Jennifer Lopez, she's a size 6 and she still has to defend her big butt. In fact, look at the Spanish news...look at the newscaster girls...most of these women have body types like Kim Kardashian. Small waists but they have hourglass figures. We're talking about small waists, big legs, big butts and *gasp* they even show big-time cleavage on air. Look at Niurka Dellanos or Maria Celeste Arraras. Can you imagine Elizabeth Vargas or Diane Sawyer doing that on air? NO WAY!! It would be unheard of.

Those of us who grew up in that culture call these figures 'cuerpazos'--it's so normal. But most of America calls it 'exaggerated' or 'fake'. Look at that show 'Sabado Gigante' and Don Francisco. None of those girls on that show are prancing around onstage looking like Cate Blanchett or Victoria Beckham. But you hear people making comments all the time how women who are built this way are thick, heavy, short, etc....we are always called fat and thick in this country.

Caucasian women have nothing to be angry about. Ethnic women have been bashed for decades about their figures. It hasn't gotten more acceptable for us, it's just that you see it more often because the ethnic population has grown so much in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by NHKMM View Post
    Her boobs are natural.
    As natural as her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Salma Hayek does have breast implants

Just for the record: I'm not angry about any of this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information