Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Clarkson having fun on the beach, Bahamas (04/16/2006)

Default Re: Kelly Clarkson having fun on the beach, Bahamas (04/16/2006)

The nitpicking is so....

Like a previous poster said, on a board full of men there was none of this. WHY do women have to rip each other down? She. Looks. Fine.

*thanking god none you have seen me in a bikini...oh wait, I have never worn one*
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon
    The nitpicking is so....

Like a previous poster said, on a board full of men there was none of this. WHY do women have to rip each other down? She. Looks. Fine.

*thanking god none you have seen me in a bikini...oh wait, I have never worn one*
    I'm with you! All these people calling her ugly and fat make me want to barf. I live in a dorm and just on my floor, at least three girls seem to have some kind of an eating disorder. One of my friends worked in the EMS of the university, and two years ago had to respond to a call in the dorms. A young girl had passed away because she hadn't eaten in days and had taken caffeine pills which just caused her heart to stop.
    Women are not public landscape and have every right to have fun on the beach in a bathing suit without people saying humiliating and belittling things about them.

Like a previous poster said, on a board full of men there was none of this. WHY do women have to rip each other down?
    'coz men are afraid to be castigated as chauvinist pigs while women are allowed to judge their sis? I think that men don't find her sexy and that's it while women who are held to high standards appearance-wise feel there's some cheating going on when celebrities who market their appearance and show up glammed up on the red carpet turn out to be below average in bikini - there were the same criticisms for Zeta Jones

Well my theory about men is that they aren't as picky as some women think. They like women. Period. All shapes, all sizes...it's biological. I honestly think women are the ones who go apeshit over less-than-perfect bodies, not men.

^Spot on, right there! Every man I know just loves boobs, period. Actually, I think more men prefer the ass. But anyway...

Some of these posts alarm me! When did bigger boobs = happiness or beauty? SHIT!
    Let's AV DIS!

Now don't go hating on big boobs, people. But that's my point. Women really are "all different shapes and sizes". She has larger thighs and smaller breasts than the cultural ideal. What's wrong with that? She isn't overweight, she isn't creepily emaciated, and she appears to be all natural. I'd think that there'd be more people praising her, but what do I know...
    2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss
    Now don't go hating on big boobs, people. But that's my point. Women really are "all different shapes and sizes". She has larger thighs and smaller breasts than the cultural ideal. What's wrong with that? She isn't overweight, she isn't creepily emaciated, and she appears to be all natural. I'd think that there'd be more people praising her, but what do I know...
    *applauds*

AyanEva

Well my theory about men is that they aren't as picky as some women think. They like women. Period. All shapes, all sizes...it's biological. I honestly think women are the ones who go apeshit over less-than-perfect bodies, not men.
    I think you are 100% right.

About Kelly, I really think she has a cute figure, and not because I like her. There is not just one standard of beauty.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^^ I agree. Men like 'em in all shapes, sizes and colours.

Elite Member

I've been reading this post since it came up a few days ago and finally have to comment. I agree she looks great! Give me a break, most women at the beach "cover up" the minute they stand up. She looks great and more importantly her self confidence is high knowing that she is being photographed and she doesn't care. Good for her.

Reminds me of the Britney Hawaii pics that everyone ripped on. She doesn't care either, they both look fine and have the money and trainers to get in shape when they want to.

Seriously people, life it too short to worry about 10lbs.

I agree but to an extent. There is no denying that there are men who think that only emaciated women are attractive. Because these men are the insecure douchebags with small packages (like Howard Stern) they are very VERY vocal about women only being attractive if they are really thin/have big boobs etc. So, the messages women end up hearing from men are these messages (these assholes making fun of women with an extra ounce of fat etc etc) whereas most normal guys who aren't mysoginistic are very accepting of a variety of shapes and sizes. So, women internalize this and end up being just as bad as the mysoginistic men in the first place and the awful cylcle continues.

Well, I guess I feel fortunate that the men I've met and that I associate with are normal and not like Howard Stern. Always did think he was a supreme asshole. I feel great about my normal, chunky, size 12 body because the men I find important are not asswipes.

[QUOTE=Somerset] Because these men are the insecure douchebags with small packages (like Howard Stern) they are very VERY vocal about women only being attractive if they are really thin/have big boobs etc. QUOTE]

TRUE TRUE!!! The men who are so picky are really insecure and/or brainless idiots.

I could carel less what anybody looks like in a bikini, I'm just jealous that she's in the Bahama's
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Yeah, I really don't mind bashing celebrities, and I'm usually on the other side of the fence about this issue. But when it comes to women and weight, I just don't think it's right only because of the context. If we were living in world where being attractive was just one of many different things women were valued for, then I don't think it would be a big deal, just like it's not a big deal for people to makes lists of say, the 100 unsexiest men in the world. But because women get so much of their value from their appearance, and given that so many women have eating disorders, it's just where I draw my line. And I don't even care about the celebritiy really, it's just that other women take their cues on how to behave and what's attractive and what's not from conversations and incidents like these.

Elite Member

A lot of young girls look up to Kelly Clarkson, she is very, very popular right now. I for one am proud of her that she is sending the message that she accepts her body shape for what it is and doesn't feel the need to go to extreme measures to change it. Yeah, she's got bigger thighs and booty than the skinny starlets and models. Yeah, she's small chested. She's also very active and in shape and exercises regularly (from what I've read). That's the right message to send to young girls/women, that it doesn't matter if you are skinny, it only matters if you're healthy. If you eat right and exercise, you may not be Nicole Richie skinny or have a "perfect" body, but you will be healthy. And that's what counts and any man that wants skinny and bony should just "Walk Away" (as Kelly sings).

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information