Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keira Knightley with her mother going to local chemist in London (01/12/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    For some reason, I just really love that outfit, especially the pants. Takes me back to the Pulazzo pants (or elephant pants) era of the early 70's. She reminds me of Winona Ryder, too...and never has before. Odd.
    Me too!

I dont think she's got an eating disorder as much as i think she's got an addiction to blow.

Hit By Ban Bus!

That's what I was thinking when I first saw this thread.

I didn't know it was possible to wear pants with legs that wide.

the thing I dont get is anas work so hard to be thin then they cover it with huge clothes.

Bronze Member

That's ridiculous....
    She was just seen in a bikini, for God's sake. She obviously doesn't care about hiding anything.

And I like everything but the pants.

What is she wearing?!! Not a good look!!! I like the hat though

Quote Originally Posted by olivia720 View Post
    I didn't know it was possible to wear pants with legs that wide.

the thing I dont get is anas work so hard to be thin then they cover it with huge clothes.
    I don't want you to think I'm attacking you because I'm not! So yeah, just wanted to tell you that outright so you don't think I'm bashing you...

But about your comment...

Having suffered from Anorexia myself, it's mainly about control...(Although I'm sure some people do it just for the vanity issues and just want to be as skinny as can be...and then there are those who DO show off how thin they are...)

But in my own personal experiences, loosing weight was in NO way about vanity as much as it was about control. Control was the main aspect of it...that and everything else in my life was spiraling out of control so I figured that food and loosing weight was something that was MINE and no one else's...

So yeah...the more weight I lost, the more satisfied I was...but then also at the same time the more weight I lost, the more miserable I became...because I was just going through such a personal hell at that time...

The ironic thing is that when I was going through anorexia I did NOT show off one inch of skin. I was always covered thoroughly and most of the time with layers...(partly because I wanted to hide the weight loss, partly because I still thought I was this huge whale and wanted to hide my hideous 'fat' and partly because I was so cold all the time and was having trouble generating body heat...)

I mean some girls with anorexia probably want to show off their itty, bitty, stick figure bodies...but oh not me! I didn't want ANYONE seeing my body...and I made sure that no one did...because in a way, I was thinking that since this 'thing' this control that I have, is mine...I'm doing it for me and no one else...so therefore only I get to see my body...

Honestly, it was amazing how quickly my mind became warped and distorted after my ED took hold of me...it's a very scary thing...

So yeah anyways, that's just my 2 cents...

But as for Keira and the layers of clothing...maybe it was cold that particular day...?

Sorry I just had to say something about that, please don't take it the wrong way!!!

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    I dont think she's got an eating disorder as much as i think she's got an addiction to blow.
    Yup, that's what I think.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

call me crazy but I LOVE this outfit! (I'm sick so maybe the fever's getting to me?)

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    I don't want you to think I'm attacking you because I'm not! So yeah, just wanted to tell you that outright so you don't think I'm bashing you...

But about your comment...

Having suffered from Anorexia myself, it's mainly about control...(Although I'm sure some people do it just for the vanity issues and just want to be as skinny as can be...and then there are those who DO show off how thin they are...)

But in my own personal experiences, loosing weight was in NO way about vanity as much as it was about control. Control was the main aspect of it...that and everything else in my life was spiraling out of control so I figured that food and loosing weight was something that was MINE and no one else's...

So yeah...the more weight I lost, the more satisfied I was...but then also at the same time the more weight I lost, the more miserable I became...because I was just going through such a personal hell at that time...

The ironic thing is that when I was going through anorexia I did NOT show off one inch of skin. I was always covered thoroughly and most of the time with layers...(partly because I wanted to hide the weight loss, partly because I still thought I was this huge whale and wanted to hide my hideous 'fat' and partly because I was so cold all the time and was having trouble generating body heat...)

I mean some girls with anorexia probably want to show off their itty, bitty, stick figure bodies...but oh not me! I didn't want ANYONE seeing my body...and I made sure that no one did...because in a way, I was thinking that since this 'thing' this control that I have, is mine...I'm doing it for me and no one else...so therefore only I get to see my body...

Honestly, it was amazing how quickly my mind became warped and distorted after my ED took hold of me...it's a very scary thing...

So yeah anyways, that's just my 2 cents...

But as for Keira and the layers of clothing...maybe it was cold that particular day...?

Sorry I just had to say something about that, please don't take it the wrong way!!!
    Understood completely!
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I like her outfit minus the pants.

moodyjenny, thanks for the info. You don't sound like you're bashing at all. I'm glad you wrote about that. I'm very fascinated by anas and even sometimes lurk at this ana forum, to see what goes on in their minds.

It seems like a very complex disease and I try to learn about it. Whenever there's a show about anas on tv I'm always glued to it. I have sympathy for anas and realize how awful it must be.

It might of been cute without the HUGE pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    For some reason, I just really love that outfit, especially the pants. Takes me back to the Pulazzo pants (or elephant pants) era of the early 70's. She reminds me of Winona Ryder, too...and never has before. Odd.
    I am in complete agreement...this outfit is the bomb.com.

Loving the pants and the hat. I want to wear something like that right now....
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

They're wrap pants. I remember having a couple pair that were made from Batik fabric. I do like wide legged, 1940's style pants. Here though, I think the wrap style ruins the clean cut men's wear look she's going for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information