Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Katie Holmes West Hollywood Cafe 02/03

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Default Re: Katie Holmes West Hollywood Cafe 02/03

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    No darl you are not. Civilized people go to a cafe and sit at a table, outside if the weather permits, and spent a few minutes with a relaxing cup of properly made coffee served in a china mug or cup and saucer, NOT a crappy styrofoam cup with a lid [shudder].
    No dear, that might be the way it is in Oz and the UK but here in the USA getting gourmet coffee from Starbucks, Panera, Caribou coffee or a multitude of other gourmet coffee shops is a way of life for yuppies and trendoids. You get a ginormous coffee in a go cup flavoured, frapped, foamed, up any way your sick little mind can imagine it. Particularly popular among us who work for a living. Grab a latte for the long commute in, another to drink at your desk and keep chugging throughout the day to stay awake. This is true in metropolitan areas more than rural ones, farmers don't sit on tractors chugging go cups of mochachinos. Ain't American life grand?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara
    ^^ Most of them only do it because its seen as 'trendy' my cousin (who doesn't even like coffee) always goes to starbucks, she took me once and I was like
    I have never been to a starbucks and I will not. I can not see paying that for coffee...I agree that it is a status thing-"oh look at me! I am successful and sophisticated-I just paid 5 bucks for coffee! Don't you envy me?"
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

^^ ITA... must be those Scottish genes nobody ever told me about
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel
    I have never been to a starbucks and I will not. I can not see paying that for coffee...I agree that it is a status thing-"oh look at me! I am successful and sophisticated-I just paid 5 bucks for coffee! Don't you envy me?"
    I know! I actually felt embarrassed in there, everyone was trying so hard to be so student like, it was actually uite pathetic! I don't even like coffee so I just bought a lollipop, I bet all the 'sophisticated' Starbucks coffee drinkers thought I was so chav!! Mind you, the friggin lollipop cost me 2.10!!!!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara
    I know! I actually felt embarrassed in there, everyone was trying so hard to be so student like, it was actually uite pathetic! I don't even like coffee so I just bought a lollipop, I bet all the 'sophisticated' Starbucks coffee drinkers thought I was so chav!! Mind you, the friggin lollipop cost me 2.10!!!!!
    Yeah and they have some nasty ass mints that are like 5 bucks, too. To me, it's just for status...I could buy one starbucks drink and reuse the cup so I will look all sophisticated with my home brewed Folgers in it!!
    Would that be 'chav' tiara??
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

^^ Extremely!! But hey, it'd be our little secret!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information