Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Katherine Heigl smoking, chewing gum, and chatting on her cell (03/15/07)

Sometimes I don't have any choice. Sometimes smokers congregate near doorways at my job. What should I do? Crawl through a window? Find another job? I'd run into the same problem.

As far as the butts go, no thanks. Not gonna do it.

Why are you so crabby? Maybe you need a cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    well then dont stand near a smoker. i used to smoke. if butts bother you, go pick them up. there are special designated areas now, and there is less litter. i hate the smell now too, now that ive quit...but seriously, its a legal right. i hate when people talk on their cell phones on the train that bothers me too, but guess what? its too damn bad for me and its too damn bad for you and smoking.
    Other people talking on cell phones isn't harmful to my health and doesn't destroy the earth...

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    Sometimes I don't have any choice. Sometimes smokers congregate near doorways at my job. What should I do? Crawl through a window? Find another job? I'd run into the same problem.

As far as the butts go, no thanks. Not gonna do it.

Why are you so crabby? Maybe you need a cigarette.
    lol. actually i only smoked for about 3 yrs and havent smoked in over a year. smoking can be disgusting to some, but everyone was so shocked and appalled that Katherine smokes, as if a pretty girl on a hit show smoking was such a shame. she's human. she has a bad habit. i feel like if someone smokes, people judge them as "bad" people or deficient in some capacity and it just isnt true.

Well, you are right about that. A lot of nice people smoke. They start smoking when they're young, and they don't mean to get hooked, and they find it difficult to quit. Actually, until all the health hazards were discovered, smoking was considered quite cool.

Not feeling her blonde locks at all, she's becoming just another skinny hollyweird celebutard

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    well then dont stand near a smoker. i used to smoke. if butts bother you, go pick them up. there are special designated areas now, and there is less litter. i hate the smell now too, now that ive quit...but seriously, its a legal right. i hate when people talk on their cell phones on the train that bothers me too, but guess what? its too damn bad for me and its too damn bad for you and smoking.
    So, I'm expected to move when someone decides to light up near me? Really? I have to say that is pretty shitty, that I should be the one to move when I'm not the one exhaling carcinogens into the air. As far as the disgusting butts that some inconsiderate smokers leave all over... isn't that considered littering? I believe last time I checked, littering is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalucy69 View Post
    So, I'm expected to move when someone decides to light up near me? Really? I have to say that is pretty shitty, that I should be the one to move when I'm not the one exhaling carcinogens into the air. As far as the disgusting butts that some inconsiderate smokers leave all over... isn't that considered littering? I believe last time I checked, littering is illegal.
    I concur.

Elite Member

littering may be illegal, but smoking is legal and so is smoking outside in a public place. i agree it may be annoying, but the fact is that people have a right to smoke outside, on public streets and most of the time they are not concerned with those around them. and many smokers are considerate and some aren't, but they really dont have to be, legally like i said, outside in a public place.

Concerning the littering, what about chewing gums? What about dog turds all over the place? I much rather have cigarette buds all over the place.

I don't care for this girl. I don't know her and I don't watch the show but I find her to have a self righetous attitude and she really needs to hem those pants too.
    As for the smoking, I don't really care, you gotta die from something and just about everything in this world is bad for you.

She is hot no matter what.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information