Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Katharine McPhee: American Idol Cycle Five-Backstage (04/??/2006)

Default Re: Katharine McPhee: American Idol Cycle Five-Backstage (04/??/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Rizzo
    ^^^Yes, he does. I think it's sweet. I still don't like her much though.
    I'd probably cry too if that was my daughter up there.

I think she's absolutely gorgeous and her self-conciousnes just adds to that even more. Her voice is great too, from what I've heard, but I'm in the UK so I've only actually heard her sing once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by bella
    I think she's absolutely gorgeous and her self-conciousnes just adds to that even more. Her voice is great too, from what I've heard, but I'm in the UK so I've only actually heard her sing once or twice.
    Her performances are usually on you tube the next morning, this is 'I Have Nothing' from last night by Whitney http://pop.wizbangblog.com/2006/04/2...alfunction.php

Aww thanks Pilaf.
    I like her even more now! She has great hair!

Aww thanks Pilaf.
    I like her even more now! She has great hair!
    Her stylist is a miracle worker

Before I saw that video Pilaf posted, I hadnt seen her early on in the competition, so didn't realise they were extensions. I guess that the sign of a good set - not being able to tell at all. Do you hear that, Britney, Jessica, Christina and Nicole?

Before I saw that video Pilaf posted, I hadnt seen her early on in the competition, so didn't realise they were extensions. I guess that the sign of a good set - not being able to tell at all. Do you hear that, Britney, Jessica, Christina and Nicole?
    I didn't even think that was her at first when she walked on the stage.

I read an interview with the Idol stylist - they use $15,000 on extensions PER SEASON. And they only get the professional help at the top 12, so that's $15,000 on 6 women. Crazy!

But yes, her hair/extensions are amazing!

ifs that true then they need to do something about Hicklers fried hair or paris' crappy weave.

Dean said that Kellie does have extensions. Her bangs annoy the heck out of me.

Paris has all her own weave. He said everything that she has worn is her own, and that she likes to change it up every week.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Rizzo
    She almost gave a nice crotch shot last night in her yellow dress! And her face is very symmetrical, but there is something 'off' about it. She looks very fake to me. Plastic or something.

Plus she was a $cientologist so I could never, ever like her. They scare me and I believe they're all mentally ill.
    Not sure I believe the scientology thing.

As far as being plastic, it may just be that god-awful AI makeup. When they showed pictures of her as a little girl, she looked almost exactly the same as she does now. It was pretty remarkable.

She took two classes on one day. That's it (or that's all that we know of). That can't be evidence that she's a Scientologist. It's the equivalent of someone going to church once or twice to see what it's like.

I don't know about the first part but sitting in a sauna sounds nice! lol

Kelly Clarkson drank olive oil before she sang to help her voice

Maybe a friend wanted her to try it, so she did. Maybe she was trying to get some connections in Hollywood. I don't know! But I can't really judge her for taking two classes. Not that I like Scientology ... but if you're going to judge someone for being a Scientologist, maybe you should make sure they really ARE one first.

Olive oil doesn't do a damn thing for your voice, except give you counterproductive phlegm. Someone should tell Kelly that.
    2 years...

I guess it worked for Kelly! LOL

I've heard of singers drinking different oils. Never actually tried it myself. Sounds disgusting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information