Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Kate Winslet's face, at the London "Holiday" premiere (02/12/07)

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

discover that first grey hair in their pubes?

People in denial won't even look for grey in pubes! Ignorance is Bliss, you know

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by shaki80 View Post
    ^ Good God, take a deep breath now..
    IMHO, I think she has too many wrinkles. I'm not ridiculing anything. It's probably because I'm comparing her to older women in my family including my mother who is : A VERY WHITE PERSON WITH VERY VERY PALE SKIN WHO IS VERY EXPRESSIVE AND LAUGHS OUT LOUD ETC...but doesn't have as many wrinkles (which could also be due to the fact that KW was or is a smoker and my mother has never smoked)
    Her wrinkles just reinforced my opinion that she's lying about her age because she has generally always looked older than her age ever since sense and sensibility.I guess I just neglected the fact that some ppl show age earlier than others and there's nothing wrong with that because it's still a million times better than having a frozen face.
    Well thank you for redeeming yourself. I don't know if KW smokes, but that would definitely be a contributing factor. And I dare say that your mother probably does have many, perfectly natural wrinkles. You probably just don't notice because love is blind.

People: It is very, very important to choose your words wisely when talking about these kinds of beauty issues. You're feeding into exactly what GR was designed to rail against when you ridicule (yes, make fun of, ridicule, dish, whatever) people with wrinkles and other "imperfections." In other words, when you say Kate Winslet is "wrinkled like a prune," you're just as vain as and no better than Nicole Kidman with a face full o' botox.

Given that she is smiling she is hardly 'wrinkled like a prune'.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Well thank you for redeeming yourself. I don't know if KW smokes, but that would definitely be a contributing factor. And I dare say that your mother probably does have many, perfectly natural wrinkles. You probably just don't notice because love is blind.
    She does have wrinkles , just not as many as KW like I said (You have to trust me on this one since I'm the one who sees my mother everyday). And yes, I'm pretty sure KW was a smoker at one point but I'm not sure if she has quit or not.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    A woman her age?!?!?! HELL EFFIN' NO!! Kate Winslet was born October 5, 1975!! She's only 31 years old! I'm 37 and I don't have one wrinkle--not one, even when I smile. People always guess my age around 28 or 29 years-old.

Kate Winslet is much too wrinkly for her age.
    I call bullshit on that. No one escapes the late thirties with no wrinkles. You're in heavy denial.

Zee

Nah, she looks great for her age. She probably looks even better in person. Love her smile and expressive face.

She's not plastic or botoxed and unable to make any facial expression. Wrinkles ARE part of the aging process.

I was photographed at an event attended by celebrities. We asked the photographer to send us a few of the images. They were horrifying in detail. We were all disgusted by the wrinkles and flaws that we never noticed on ourselves.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Bronze Member

Well, that's called a "beep"ing smirking mouth. And her botox has just worn off.

A woman her age?!?!?! HELL EFFIN' NO!! Kate Winslet was born October 5, 1975!! She's only 31 years old! I'm 37 and I don't have one wrinkle--not one, even when I smile. People always guess my age around 28 or 29 years-old.

Not even *one* wrinkle? even when smiling? Yet people guess your age at about 28-29? Hell, I would have assumed that someone soooooooo wrinkle free would look much younger.

I agree with PB. You should go into modeling, or try to get onto ANTM. You are indeed very fortunate.

Kate may well be lying about her age. Many actors of both sexes do. But even if she isn't, so what? She's lived her life, had a child -- I've seen that age a lot of my friends -- and seems happy.

To be fair, that camera is zooming in very close, and that is not the best picture of her. Also, she has her hair pulled back, which can be aging. She doesn't look that bad. She just got caught when she was not looking her best.

^^Exactly. Very few of us would look well, much less perfect, under those conditons. Apparently a lot of actors are freaking out at the thought of HDTV and what flaws it reveals.

Geez, she has a few lines on her forehead, no big deal. I don't know many people who don't have at least a very few by the time they're in their late 20's myself included. The rest of her wrinkles around her eye are simply because she's smiling.

Those with perfectly unlined skin at almost 40 are probably viewing themselves in dim lighting. Double entendre intended.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I remember when I first noticed I had lines when I smiled I resolved to never smile again. Then I got called a sourpuss.

Laugh lines are a gorgeous thing.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information