Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 115

Thread: Kate Winslet's face, at the London "Holiday" premiere (02/12/07)

  1. #46
    Ida
    Ida is offline
    Bronze Member Ida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Maybe she shouldnt smile so hard.

  2. #47
    Bronze Member tigerlilyjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I think she looks gorgeous here. I think her lines shows character and I'm glad that she's a natural beauty.

  3. #48
    Bronze Member varty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melyanna View Post
    Most of those wrinkles are tied to the facial expression and not connected to her age. It is good to see those: it means that her face is not made of plastic and botox and can still properly change according to the expression. Unlike many other actresses...
    I totally agree!!!!

  4. #49
    Elite Member sprynkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    At the salon
    Posts
    19,839

    Default

    I did that smile in the mirror yesterday after posting on this topic. I am way older than dear Kate and do not have those lines. I tried. I think it's something some very fair folks have early on. My friend Squeelia had super deep lines. She used to cry about them when she was like 40.

    "A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

  5. #50
    Silver Member saimamom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    385

    Default

    She looks like a normal woman her age. It's actually refreshing to see she's not another Nicole Kidman.

  6. #51
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saimamom View Post
    She looks like a normal woman her age. It's actually refreshing to see she's not another Nicole Kidman.
    agreed. now the. question remains: what's her age? and not her spice girl age

  7. #52
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,336

    Default

    A woman her age?!?!?! HELL EFFIN' NO!! Kate Winslet was born October 5, 1975!! She's only 31 years old! I'm 37 and I don't have one wrinkle--not one, even when I smile. People always guess my age around 28 or 29 years-old.

    Kate Winslet is much too wrinkly for her age.

  8. #53
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    C'mon -- surely you don't think it's normal that a woman of 37 doesn't have even ONE wrinkle?How can you compare yourself, an obviously exceptionally blessed individual skin-wise, to the average woman? Just because you have perfect skin, it doesn't follow that everybody else on the planet has terrible skin just because they have normal wrinkles and lines.

    Frankly, I think you should sell pictures of youself, or go into modelling -- you'd make a fortune. I can't think of one person I've ever met, and I've met thousands upon thousands, who doesn't have some wrinkles, no matter how small, by the time they are in their late teens. You should capitalize on it. Why not? Maybe the Guiness Book of World Records would be interested.

  9. #54
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I think she's lovely, wrinkles and all. So many factors contribute to onset of wrinkles. I am 37 and I swear I was almost wrinkle free until this year, and now I've got them all around my eyes and some happening on my lips. And for the record, I take good care of my skin, stay out of the sun, don't smoke, eat very well, get good sleep and seem to have genetics on my side in terms of wrinkles. I mean, it happened overnight. I'm still reeling from it actually. And I'm trying to be graceful and accepting, and maybe even (gasp) love those lines. God knows, I knew it would happen (this growing older business) but it never seemed quite as real until now...now that I have my very own wrinkles.

    I wish our society didn't worship youthfulness so much, and use it as the standard of beauty. It's so impossible -- the idealized beauty is something we can only attain (if ever) during a very short span of time in our long lives. Kate strikes me as the kind of person who couldn't care less what other people think of her laugh lines. She is way too busy living her life, having fun, enjoying her family, working at what she loves etc to let wrinkles keep her down. Or let someone's else's ideas of beauty circumscribe her behavior, how she dresses, how much weight she carries, and the way she smiles. I like that about her. Imagine not smiling to make sure you were only giving your "best" (non-wrinkly) look to the cameras or to people. And you know, the more I see of fake and plastic looking people, I have to admit that I've become more interested in and attraced to people who are interesting looking, plain looking, "ugly" looking, older people etc. Maybe "ugly" and wrinkly will be the new pretty and smooth someday soon!


    Rant over. Oh, and did I mention that pics like these make me feel better about my own wrinkles!? Thanks, Kate! : )

  10. #55
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    C'mon -- surely you don't think it's normal that a woman of 37 doesn't have even ONE wrinkle?How can you compare yourself, an obviously exceptionally blessed individual skin-wise, to the average woman? Just because you have perfect skin, it doesn't follow that everybody else on the planet has terrible skin just because they have normal wrinkles and lines.

    Frankly, I think you should sell pictures of youself, or go into modelling -- you'd make a fortune. I can't think of one person I've ever met, and I've met thousands upon thousands, who doesn't have some wrinkles, no matter how small, by the time they are in their late teens. You should capitalize on it. Why not? Maybe the Guiness Book of World Records would be interested.

    Pacific Breeze, did the subject of 'wrinkles' touch a sore spot with you or something? Obviously so. The blatant SARCASM and personal attack on your behalf isn't very becoming from a moderator. Yeah, believe it or not, I DON'T have a wrinkle. Is that somehow upsetting to you? I didn't say I'll never get any, I'm just saying I don't have any now. It wasn't a statement towards you but somehow you managed to squeeze in a disrespectful, snarling, mocking verbal offense (as always). You want respect, but somehow miraculously don't know how to give it. If you want peace on the board, how about being an example?

    Quite impressive.

  11. #56
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Pacific Breeze, did the subject of 'wrinkles' touch a sore spot with you or something? Obviously so. The blatant SARCASM and personal attack on your behalf isn't very becoming from a moderator. Yeah, believe it or not, I DON'T have a wrinkle. Is that somehow upsetting to you? I didn't say I'll never get any, I'm just saying I don't have any now. It wasn't a statement towards you but somehow you managed to squeeze in a disrespectful, snarling, mocking verbal offense (as always). You want respect, but somehow miraculously don't know how to give it. If you want peace on the board, how about being an example?

    Quite impressive.
    I have very few wrinkles and look much younger than my age, for what it's worth. I'll post a pic, if you like. I have nothing to hide, to gain, or to lose. As I said earlier in this thread, I take credit for very little of it -- it's genes, the luck of the draw. And hey, it won't last for much longer so I am enjoying it while I can.

    Immodest people have always irritated me -- I don't think it's very "pretty" when people define themselves by the way they look, particularly when it's an irrefutable fact that beauty fades. I would take issue with anybody who posted something like you did. Modesty is a lot more beautiful than wrinkle-free skin, IMO.

    I gave up on the idea of getting respect from certain posters a LONG time ago. You seem to think that mods must agree constantly or refrain from posting, otherwise they are not doing their jobs. I am not attacking you so much as the idea that women, NOT men, have to adhere to insane standards of perfection or they are judged unworthy by some segments of society.

    And it really saddens me when women are some of the harshest critics of women guilty of nothing other than getting older. As another poster said, the idea that women shouldn't smile just so they can look younger and less wrinkled -- well, I think it speaks for itself.
    Last edited by pacific breeze; February 17th, 2007 at 06:11 PM.

  12. #57
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11,682

    Default

    Great points, I always say to myself "wait til the little buggars get old" - that's my best revenge - knowing they'll get there and I'd love to see them talk then (I'm speaking generally here, not about one person).

    There is far too much ageism in the world; a reflection of misplaced values and a disconnect with self and the important things in life.

  13. #58
    Gold Member cool girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    At least she's brave enough to show the wrinkles...but i bet she'll turn to botox soon enough.

  14. #59
    Hit By Ban Bus! WickedHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC, baby!
    Posts
    9,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doriangray View Post
    frankly i find her full of shit going on about her stretch marks and her saggy boobs all the time like she's the only woman that ever gave birth.
    What a stupid thing to say! How is she full of shit when what she says is the truth? Besides, young girls need to see examples of confident women who don't go running to the plastic surgeon to "fix" what is perfectly natural. They're bombarded daily with unnatural standards of unattainable beauty. Kudos to Kate every time she opens her mouth to remind young (and old) impressionable twits that the female body will not remain taut, perky and flawless for all time. Suck it up and deal with it, ya hear me, you twits? Cuz that's the damn troof.

    Quote Originally Posted by shaki80 View Post
    Now, this is a good example of why I think she's shaved at least 5 yrs off her age. It's great that she's not using botox bla bla bla but she still has too many wrinkles for someone who's still 31.
    FUCK THAT!!!! SHE'S A FUCKING WHITE BITCH WITH PALE SKIN!! SHE'S EXPRESSIVE!! SHE FUCKING LAUGHS OUT LOUD AND SHARES HER EMOTIONS!!!! OF COURSE SHE'S GOT GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING WRINKLES ON HER FUCKING FACE GODDAMMIT!!!!!


    ^^ Yes, ladies and gents, this is a rare occasion when my capital letters do mean I am yelling. Hell, I am shouting my fuckin ass off. Because that kind of stupid shit fucking pisses me off. THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS TOO MANY WRINKLES!!!! Goddammit. Your wrinkles are your history. They can reveal what kind of life you've led and how much love and laughter you've shared or the worries you've endured. So anybody who has the nerve, the audacity to ridicule anybody's wrinkles can kiss my big black ass. KISS IT, I say.

    Tee hee. I sure am in rare form today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild_ivy View Post
    oh my gosh............i dont wanna have that....never ever....
    Then you should die young.

    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    A woman her age?!?!?! HELL EFFIN' NO!! Kate Winslet was born October 5, 1975!! She's only 31 years old! I'm 37 and I don't have one wrinkle--not one, even when I smile. People always guess my age around 28 or 29 years-old.

    Kate Winslet is much too wrinkly for her age.
    Oh shut the fuck up. Didn't you just rave about your olive skin a few posts back? And, hey, I wouldn't brag if I were you about people thinking you're 28 or 29. Aint' nothing special about that if you're only 37. With dark skin. I'm 32, black, and I still get carded when I visit a liquor store for the first time. So fucking what?? So, um, no, you ain't nothin' special, "PrettyGirl."
    Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    C'mon -- surely you don't think it's normal that a woman of 37 doesn't have even ONE wrinkle?How can you compare yourself, an obviously exceptionally blessed individual skin-wise, to the average woman? Just because you have perfect skin, it doesn't follow that everybody else on the planet has terrible skin just because they have normal wrinkles and lines.

    Frankly, I think you should sell pictures of youself, or go into modelling -- you'd make a fortune. I can't think of one person I've ever met, and I've met thousands upon thousands, who doesn't have some wrinkles, no matter how small, by the time they are in their late teens. You should capitalize on it. Why not? Maybe the Guiness Book of World Records would be interested.
    She's full of lies. Or delusion. I haven't decided which.

    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Pacific Breeze, did the subject of 'wrinkles' touch a sore spot with you or something? Obviously so. The blatant SARCASM and personal attack on your behalf isn't very becoming from a moderator. Yeah, believe it or not, I DON'T have a wrinkle. Is that somehow upsetting to you? I didn't say I'll never get any, I'm just saying I don't have any now. It wasn't a statement towards you but somehow you managed to squeeze in a disrespectful, snarling, mocking verbal offense (as always). You want respect, but somehow miraculously don't know how to give it. If you want peace on the board, how about being an example?

    Quite impressive.
    I hope you don't expect to garner any respect for yourself with this post, "PrettyGirl." Because you're making yourself out to be quite the laughingstock with this mock offense. Soooooo dramatic, wouldn't you say, hmmm?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    Immodest people have always irritated me -- I don't think it's very "pretty" when people define themselves by the way they look, particularly when it's an irrefutable fact that beauty fades. I would take issue with anybody who posted something like you did. Modesty is a lot more beautiful than wrinkle-free skin, IMO.
    Word. I fucking hate those bitchiz. Can't you just imagine the horror when *certain posters* discover that first grey hair in their pubes? Oh, to be a fly on the wall that day!!!

    I gave up on the idea of getting respect from certain posters a LONG time ago. You seem to think that mods musts agree constantly or they are not doing their jobs. I am not attacking you so much as the idea that women, NOT men, have to adhere to insane standards of perfection or they are judged unworthy by some segments of society.

    And it really saddens me when women are some of the harshest critics of women guilty of nothing other than getting older. As another poster said, the idea that women shouldn't smile just so they can look younger and less wrinkled -- well, I think it speaks for itself.
    Well-said, as always. Screw the vapid and the vain!!
    Last edited by WickedHo; February 17th, 2007 at 03:26 PM.

  15. #60
    Silver Member shaki80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    FarFarAway
    Posts
    284

    Default

    ^ Good God, take a deep breath now..
    IMHO, I think she has too many wrinkles. I'm not ridiculing anything. It's probably because I'm comparing her to older women in my family including my mother who is : A VERY WHITE PERSON WITH VERY VERY PALE SKIN WHO IS VERY EXPRESSIVE AND LAUGHS OUT LOUD ETC...but doesn't have as many wrinkles (which could also be due to the fact that KW was or is a smoker and my mother has never smoked)
    Her wrinkles just reinforced my opinion that she's lying about her age because she has generally always looked older than her age ever since sense and sensibility.I guess I just neglected the fact that some ppl show age earlier than others and there's nothing wrong with that because it's still a million times better than having a frozen face.
    Last edited by shaki80; February 17th, 2007 at 03:48 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: December 30th, 2007, 11:27 PM
  2. See Kate Winslet's impression of Cameron Diaz
    By Chalet in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 30th, 2006, 05:15 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: December 4th, 2006, 12:20 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: November 30th, 2006, 06:09 PM
  5. Kate Winslet's slimming ambition
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: November 21st, 2005, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •