Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kate Hudson having fun at the ocean (09/10/2006)

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by CherubRock View Post
    She has a fantastic body! Who cares if she has no boobs, it's better than disfiguring herself with fake tits.
    Fake boobs do not disfigure a woman, ok? If a woman wants PS for the right reasons-that being for herself-there's NOTHING wrong with that. On Kate Hudson, she prob had a tummy tuck at the same tim she had her C-section hence the flat stomach. Gd knows how much lipo she's had. It's Hollywood. I don't put anything beyond them.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Fake boobs do not disfigure a woman, ok? If a woman wants PS for the right reasons-that being for herself-there's NOTHING wrong with that. On Kate Hudson, she prob had a tummy tuck at the same tim she had her C-section hence the flat stomach. Gd knows how much lipo she's had. It's Hollywood. I don't put anything beyond them.

Some people have double standards when it comes to plastic surgery and cosmetic intervention: tummy tucks are okay, veneers are okay, dyed hair and fake nails are okay, but implants seem to put some folks over the edge. To be fair, many women give implants a bad name because they go too big for their size and end up with silly putty covered basketballs on their chests. However, in my experience, people are more forgiving of the types of procedures they would have but put down the things they wouldn't get for themselves. A lot of women have great boob jobs and not all of them are large, either. A woman with implants is called 'fake' while one with a natural chest but who also has a nose job, botox, & lipo can be considered natural because she doesn't have implants. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post

Some people have double standards when it comes to plastic surgery and cosmetic intervention: tummy tucks are okay, veneers are okay, dyed hair and fake nails are okay, but implants seem to put some folks over the edge. To be fair, many women give implants a bad name because they go too big for their size and end up with silly putty covered basketballs on their chests. However, in my experience, people are more forgiving of the types of procedures they would have but put down the things they wouldn't get for themselves. A lot of women have great boob jobs and not all of them are large, either. A woman with implants is called 'fake' while one with a natural chest but who also has a nose job, botox, & lipo can be considered natural because she doesn't have implants. I don't get it.

Why are you assuming she had a tummy tuck along with her c-section?

I was pregnant just as many times as she was and I didnt need a tummy tuck. My stomach is flat; was before and after having my son. In fact, I have never known a woman who needed a tummy tuck after just one baby.

I think the point with her breasts is that almost everyone in hollywood feels the need to get implants - and she didn't - that's obviously uncommon, therefore the comments..??

I have never read a comment here about ANY celebrity being considered natural...lol. You'll be very hard pressed to find anyone natural in Hollywood.

She definitely didn't have a tummy tuck: http://www.x17online.com/blog/archiv...is-disgusting/

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134 View Post
    She definitely didn't have a tummy tuck: http://www.x17online.com/blog/archiv...is-disgusting/

Wow.. OK I stand corrected on the tummy tuck thought. After seeing these pics compared to the recent ones in this thread, she must have just worked her ass off to get it back in shape. Good for her. I

I guess it's just easy to assume hollywood gals have PS. They have the $$, time and are required to look good & young. If I had all the $$ and time, rest assured I'd tighten up a few things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    In fact, I have never known a woman who needed a tummy tuck after just one baby.

Well, I've known plenty that wanted one after the first. Not everyone's body goes right back to looking pre-baby. They just didn't due to $$ or the desire to have a 2nd child. LOL

^ No, those pics are from yesterday. The other ones are just deceiving. Her stomach looks like that now.

I wasn't assuming she did have a tummy tuck....just making an overall observation about how different procedures are viewed.

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    Wow.. OK I stand corrected on the tummy tuck thought. After seeing these pics compared to the recent ones in this thread, she must have just worked her ass off to get it back in shape. Good for her. I

I guess it's just easy to assume hollywood gals have PS. They have the $$, time and are required to look good & young. If I had all the $$ and time, rest assured I'd tighten up a few things too.

Well, I've known plenty that wanted one after the first. Not everyone's body goes right back to looking pre-baby. They just didn't due to $$ or the desire to have a 2nd child. LOL
    Well, the tummy does pretty much return to normal after the first baby. If a woman is so vain that she can't wait a few months or can't take to a few exercises, her belly is the least of her worries.

I wasn't assuming she did have a tummy tuck....just making an overall observation about how different procedures are viewed.
    Oh, sorry, that's what I got from this statement --
    On Kate Hudson, she prob had a tummy tuck at the same tim she had her C-section hence the flat stomach.

She could of had a tummy tuck and exercised also??? Who cares anyhow she looks pretty good to me!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Well, the tummy does pretty much return to normal after the first baby. If a woman is so vain that she can't wait a few months or can't take to a few exercises, her belly is the least of her worries.
    Hmm...I surely hope you are not trying to speak for every woman who has had a baby.......

I have been lucky myself and escaped with no stretch marks, etc. But I have friends who were not so lucky and their stomachs have NOT gone back to normal no matter how hard they work at it. They have the mush and stretchmarks and the 2nd baby didn't help the issue.

As we all know....everyone's bodies are different and we all have different responses to pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    Hmm...I surely hope you are not trying to speak for every woman who has had a baby.......

I have been lucky myself and escaped with no stretch marks, etc. But I have friends who were not so lucky and their stomachs have NOT gone back to normal no matter how hard they work at it. They have the mush and stretchmarks and the 2nd baby didn't help the issue.

As we all know....everyone's bodies are different and we all have different responses to pregnancy.

No, I am not speaking for all women; I never said I was.

Although, I have never met a woman that needed a tummy tuck after one pregnancy. I do have a sister-in-law that actually had a tummy tuck after having had 2 children very closely together. She just looked like she had a deflated balloon attached to her abdomen

I have stretch marks. I wasn't lucky enough to bypass them like some women, but my tummy is exactly how it looked pre-baby. My tummy looks exactly the same, with a few battle scars added. Again, I am not saying ALL women go back to the flat prepregancy belly, but most bounce back rather nicely.

I have often wondered why women worry about stretchmarks. Granted I don't have any yet but have seen women with them and they don't really bother me.

I mean when you start getting up there in age, you are not going to wear midriff tops anyhow. Hell I don't even wear midriffs now and my stomach is clear and flat. So I say don't worry about them for the ones that are bothered by them.

I would be more inclined to worry about marks/ scars on my face. That probably sounds vain but it is the part you show to the world daily. A few scars on a tummy that no one will see should be a walk in the park! Just my 2 cents worth anyhow!

On Kate Hudson, she prob had a tummy tuck at the same tim she had her C-section hence the flat stomach.

Sorry, that wasn't my quote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. February 15th, 2007, 08:35 AM

Thread Information