Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Julia Roberts and babies

Whether she's using the kids as props or not..I still say she looks gorgeous.

Gorgeous at 21-23 in Pretty Woman and Steel Magnolias
    Gorgeous at 31-33 in Stepmom, Runaway Bride and Erin Brockovich
    Gorgeous at 38 with her twins.

She's one of my all time favorite actresses and I know some consider her "America's Sweetheart" (and not just from that movie :-P) but I think Julia is tied for that title with two other actresses. I think if you define America's Sweetheart as being those All-American, well rounded, cute, lovable actresses, I'd have to say the 3 that come to my mind are: Sandra Bullock, Reese Witherspoon and Julia Roberts.

SVZ

(i secretly think she's beautiful too. but her teeth are kinda big)

My personal opinion on the nanny issue is that a nanny should be there to help the mother, not be the mother.

I think a woman who is breastfeeding twins at 11months is a mom who uses a nanny when she has to. Breastfeeding one baby at 11months would be hard, and who would comfortable holding a kid dressed like that? I think that if someone followed me around trying to take pictures of me with my kids, or by myself it would be scary, just like it is for celebs! Give the woman a break already!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    My personal opinion on the nanny issue is that a nanny should be there to help the mother, not be the mother.
    My MIL has been a nanny to 6 year old twins their whole life. The mother doesn't work. She also has a housekeeper and yardman. When the parents go out of town alone for their many vacations, the twins don't even cry for them. It's my MIL that they cry for when she's not there! They are more her babies.

Recently my MIL had to keep the twins for 10 days straight without getting to come home for a break b/c their mommy was recuperating in a nearby hotel room with her hubby -- she had a boob job, tummy tuck, and lipo on her saddlebags. What a life!

She looks absolutely THRILLED in those pictures

Gold Member

Awwww how sweet!

oh those babies are cute (even only from the back)

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Why do celebrities need a nanny? I mean, take Julia for example. She's not in the midst of making any movies. She's home all day, and I am pretty sure the husband doesn't have to work with the money Julia has made over the years.

I raised my own by myself, and had my sister or mother babysit when I actually had to go to work.
    You just admitted that you had help. Why is a celebrity not allowed to have help? And how do you know "she's home all day"?

I don't see why people have a problem with nannies. I just don't. When, pray, tell, is it ok to have a nanny, hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    You just admitted that you had help. Why is a celebrity not allowed to have help? And how do you know "she's home all day"?

I don't see why people have a problem with nannies. I just don't. When, pray, tell, is it ok to have a nanny, hmm?
    I completely agree.
    Maybe when she is home, she spends more time with them and does not need a nanny but when she goes out, she prefers a nanny to help with 2 children, especially when trying to sheild and cover them from the stalkarazzi. Celebrities do not lead the life of the average everyday man, they lead a more extensive, scrutinzied life. I'm sure in the comforts in their own home, they fart and burp and don't wear make-up and run around with scuzzy hair and don't shower, but the minute they go out in public, they have to try to look their best because they are under the microscope all the time and we the public eat it up, no matter if the scandal is good or bad. If we didn't want to know about their private lives, we wouldn't have forums devoted to pictures and gossip and truths.

::gets off soapbox::

i think she's a very hands on mother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information