Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Hudson at the 79th Annual Academy Awards (02/25/07)

i think she looked GREAT!!!
    STARR 2DAY-GONE 2MORROW!

I'm cutting her some slack, she's not an experienced "star" yet. I think she is very natural and a great singer.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Agree. She needs some polish both style-wise and behavior, but that will come with a couple more years. Though Kelly Clarkson has never lost her bubbly personality, and I'm glad for that.

Can't stand her and I hate that she won.
    boooooooo!

It looks good without the silver Buck Rodgers cape. But she really looked hot in that red number she wore for the song.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    I'm cutting her some slack, she's not an experienced "star" yet. I think she is very natural and a great singer.

oh cmon. shes been to every award show this seasons and has a team of stylists. she deserves no slack. if she thinks shes so hot that people wanna see her big ole boobs bouncing around then shes mistaken. she isnt a rookie anymore-she managed to look good at the golden globes. why not at the oscars?

I think all 3 Dreamgirls looked way better in the red dresses they wore while performing, than in the ones they wore on the red carpet.

I absolutely HATED that red dress she wore on stage (although, liked the dresses on the other two women). Jennifer looked like a stuffed sausage in that red dress. It wasn't flattering at all. She should also think about dresses with sleeves.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    oh cmon. shes been to every award show this seasons and has a team of stylists. she deserves no slack. if she thinks shes so hot that people wanna see her big ole boobs bouncing around then shes mistaken. she isnt a rookie anymore-she managed to look good at the golden globes. why not at the oscars?
    Well for starters I don't think she looked as good as she could have at the Golden Globes. And not at any other show either. Jennifer and her team of stylists have not hit one out of the park yet. They need to put their heads together with Queen Latifah's stylists. It's possible she just doesn't fit clothing well, she does have a different body type than Queen Latifah's.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I absolutely HATED that red dress she wore on stage (although, liked the dresses on the other two women). Jennifer looked like a stuffed sausage in that red dress. It wasn't flattering at all. She should also think about dresses with sleeves.
    Even so, it still looked better than the tinfoil capelet!
    I particularly liked Anika Noni Rose's red dress:

Elite Member

Oh, honey, no. And gold jewellery with a silver jacket, too...

I agree, she could use some advice from Queen Latifah and her stylist! This dress could fit better - the cups are slightly too small, and it shows. The pockets were interesting in that very stiff and formal ballgown someone wore to the Oscars last year, but on this gown, it just looks kinda sloppy; and even though I like the fabric, general cut and the colour, it's just so... underwhelming. Not terribly unflattering, but it doesn't do anything for her either, and that was her night - she should've looked amazing, in an amazing dress, and this just isn't it.

Maybe she's channelling Beyonce's mother's "style."

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I think all 3 Dreamgirls looked way better in the red dresses they wore while performing, than in the ones they wore on the red carpet.
    ITA--the colors were all different shades of red but went together brilliantly. Beyonce's red dress was one of the prettiest of the night. Most of the criticisms of Jennifer's red dress seem to center around her fleshiness and whether or not you think it should be shown or concealed. Well--she's a big woman overall, hell she's HUGE, what is she six feet? And so I think she looks great. I don't find heavy women unattractive IF they have the build and presence to carry it well (in fact I think most women in Hollywood could stand to gain at least ten pounds!!) but youth is important. Once middle age sag sets in, I think either cover it or lose it.

That said, I can't stand her and I was annoyed she won. I don't like her voice either. Uniform loudness is not an adequate substitute for good phrasing. I hate singers who bellow and shriek. Hudson's no Aretha.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't know what Anika Noni Rose wore on the red carpet but she was really gorgeous in her dress during the performance.

agree with everyone else i hate the jacket

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information