Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halle Berry shopping in Hollywood

Default Re: Halle Berry shopping in Hollywood

yeah it's a weave. He admitted it when she first got it. It was on one of those entertainment shows and one of the reported asked her about why she decided to go long or something like that. i think she said that it was quicker than growing it out or something like that.

Bronze Member

They all wear weaves, everyone and their mamas. It only seems to be an issue when it's a black female. No one ever mentions the weaves worn by Linsay Lohan, Paris, Nicky, Kim, Mischa et al. Look even John Travolta's sporting the lace fronts that Beyonce get so much flak about!

Quote Originally Posted by Laneena
    She has good hair, but yah that shit is entirely weave.
    If what she has is good hair, what do you consider bad hair. In my opinion all hair that is healthy is good hair.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by WolfGirl
    If what she has is good hair, what do you consider bad hair. In my opinion all hair that is healthy is good hair.

Uhoh! The bad hair vs. good hair debate! Noooooooooo!! This is a source of contention in many a black household. I'll give you a quick synopsis since i'm quite familiar with this dumbass debate.( I agree with you though Wolfgirl, good hair is healthy hair.)

Good hair= silky/wavy texture, manageable w/ very little maintenance(ie. caucasoid- straight, blonde or brunette / mongoloid- distinguished by physical characteristics such as yellowish-brown skin pigmentation, straight black hair, dark eyes with pronounced epicanthic folds, and prominent cheekbones and including peoples indigenous to central and eastern Asia.)

Bad hair= kinky, "nappy" (ie.negroid-major human racial classification traditionally distinguished by physical characteristics such as brown to black pigmentation and often tightly curled hair and including peoples indigenous to sub-Saharan Africa.)

Disclaimer: Before i get accused of being racist i acknowledge that these terms are archaic and no longer in scientific use but they summed it up pretty well for all intents and purposes; but since this type of ignorant ass thinking still exists then this will suffice.

Would you like some examples? Ok Good hair= Halle Berry, Alicia Keys
    Bad Hair = India Arie, Venus & Serena

Love your explaination PhatKat. My try to talk to my sister about this stuff and she has a habit of calling others that seem to mixed race "good hair". She doesnt think her black hair is beautiful, only when it is wet. I hear alot of girls, making those stupid comments. Why cant they love them selves enough? Although, media doesnt put out a positive message about women of color in regards to what beauty should be.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Quote Originally Posted by phatkat
    Uhoh! The bad hair vs. good hair debate! Noooooooooo!! This is a source of contention in many a black household. I'll give you a quick synopsis since i'm quite familiar with this dumbass debate.( I agree with you though Wolfgirl, good hair is healthy hair.)Would you like some examples? Ok Good hair= Halle Berry, Alicia Keys Bad Hair = India Arie, Venus & Serena

It is a dumbass debate and it is annoying and ignorant, hence the comment I made prior. I know about this as well I do not need any examples,I am black and am annoyed by the ignorant Good Hair/Bad Hair comments.

No no no no, it's not "good hair=caucasoid" and "bad hair=negroid." I've seen many people with long, blonde straight UGLY ASS hair. People have different hair types and they can all look good when styled properly. It's when people start trying to go against nature that the bad hair comes out. Think of in the 70s when men were perming their hair like Mike Brady. Or when curly haired people fry their hair with irons or melt it with lye and it gets all damaged. Just let it go the way it goes, work with it instead of against it and the results are gorgeous.

Lopez has extensions and wigs every day she's in public!
    halle does look really good. but something about her is off. I think she is mentally unstable. Especially to fall for that smarmy guy like she did.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur
    No no no no, it's not "good hair=caucasoid" and "bad hair=negroid." I've seen many people with long, blonde straight UGLY ASS hair. People have different hair types and they can all look good when styled properly. It's when people start trying to go against nature that the bad hair comes out. Think of in the 70s when men were perming their hair like Mike Brady. Or when curly haired people fry their hair with irons or melt it with lye and it gets all damaged. Just let it go the way it goes, work with it instead of against it and the results are gorgeous.
    Lurkur, from a black womans perspective, women of color pertaining to this good hair bad hair. Were not speaking about different hair types. This has been an looooonnnng on going thing. Tyra banks even discuss about how she want girl, black girls and herself to love their race and who they are, but she also contradicted on her perfession as a model that she straighting her and put weave, not showing her natural hair. How black looks, not what exceptable in society. Therefore, when girls look up to her, she not presenting her natural beauty and then to look at one self, the term comes into play "bad hair".
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Quote Originally Posted by phatkat
    They all wear weaves, everyone and their mamas. It only seems to be an issue when it's a black female. No one ever mentions the weaves worn by Linsay Lohan, Paris, Nicky, Kim, Mischa et al. Look even John Travolta's sporting the lace fronts that Beyonce get so much flak about!

Not John T!
    And Halle looks great.
    I agree that healthy hair is the only "good hair", and I myself used to fall victim to the characterizations and hate my hair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information