Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Halle Berry Cafe Fuego tasting (11/15/06)

Silver Member

I never got her appeal. She's just seems so bland to me.

I didn't detect a hint of sarcasm from that post. "She's just an african american"......what kind of crap is that? When I stopped seeing red, I thought maybe the poster just has something against curly hair and full lips, but in some of her other posts, she praises women whose lips are much bigger than Halle's (who happen to not be black, I might add).

I don't know, could be much ado about nothing, but I'm irritated as hell too, Chilly.
    Last edited by mintjelly; November 20th, 2006 at 12:27 PM.

She's ageless.
    It's called "plastic surgery."

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_ivy View Post
    well...i dont know...i just dislike her. she's just an african american....with those curly wicked hair....too full lips.... but, yeah, her boobs look cool

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT FUCKING COMMENT! ?!?!You should be banned A.S.A.P. Did you realise that sounds like a racist comment???You're silly and mean for posting things like that!

And yeah if you didn't notice I AM totally irritated!

Elite Member

I think both of them are overrated. Halle isn't ugly, but her face isn't all that...she just has a killer figure. But I do admit that they'd both have really cute kids if they chose to procreate together. It would be a good mix with her features and his coloring. I'd love to see how their kids would look.

oh wow....i didnt think that my comment would irritate you guys

holy shit.....what i meant is just that she's an african american (which she really is) and that's why she has those curly hair and full lips) this is about it....a lot of african girls have that too

it's probably just my poor english

Quote Originally Posted by makedah22 View Post
    WHAT THE HELL IS THAT FUCKING COMMENT! ?!?!You should be banned A.S.A.P. Did you realise that sounds like a racist comment???You're silly and mean for posting things like that!

And yeah if you didn't notice I AM totally irritated!

a racist comment????? no....not at all)

Silver Member

She's mixed race, I think. Either way, she's stunning.

Bronze Member

holy shit.....what i meant is just that she's an african american (which she really is) and that's why she has those curly hair and full lips) this is about it....a lot of african girls have that too

sorry but did you think posting something like that...um, can't help but acknowledge the racist 'edge' why don't we call it-would be cool as long as other posters agreed???

Quote Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
    I didn't detect a hint of sarcasm from that post. "She's just an african american"......what kind of crap is that? When I stopped seeing red, I thought maybe the poster just has something against curly hair and full lips, but in some of her other posts, she praises women whose lips are much bigger than Halle's (who happen to not be black, I might add).

I don't know, could be much ado about nothing, but I'm irritated as hell too, Chilly.

..."I love everything about you, but you!"

Bronze Member

Mmmmm...
    OK.I.GIVE.UP.

Well, if you say so. I'm willing to blame it on your poor English, but I honestly cannot interpret your comment in any way that's not utterly racist:

she's just an african american....with those curly wicked hair....too full lips

It's just wrong in many ways. We've had this discussion before. Back then it wasn't even half as obvious:

Rihanna: nose job or makeup/shading?

Chilly Willy whatever...i have my rights and my own opinion

If your own opinion includes racism, you do not have the right to utter it on this board. Fortunately.

Bronze Member

Just because you have your own opinion doesn't mean it's not a racist one. Racism has become so institutionalized that sometimes folks don't know that it's been ingrained in their mentality and no matter what the intention (i'm sure you have black friends and such, don't mean to treat other races differently, etc.) can't help the mindset....Take a second to think about it.

As a side, my comment about..."I love everything about you, but you!" was in response to : "she praises women whose lips are much bigger than Halle's (who happen to not be black, I might add)" and explains the romanticism many non black people have toward our features, qualities, characteristics--i.e. butt pads (having a big butt is quite the trend these days when there was a time when black people were put on display for whites to gawk at our weird and disgusting big butts); botox for the lips-- again, it's now more fashionable and 'in' for thinner lips to be more plump and full- characteristics of african/black people; kinky hair, dred locks--both african/black, need i explain more when you have dred lock tools being sold and widely used all over the world (eg japan) to allow people to have yet again an african/black feature.....that's the "i love everything about you" part, the "but you" part relates to the fact that no matter how much they want to have our qualities, black people are still, well "just black people"

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

We don't allow racist posts on this forum, it's one of our forum rules. We'll ban people who post racist remarks so in this sense, noone has right to post racist comments on this board.
    Last edited by moomies; November 22nd, 2006 at 04:30 PM.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

come on you guys....it was not a racist post.... at least it not what i meant.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information