Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

  1. #31
    Elite Member Tiara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,106

    Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

    ^^ But you wouldn't know because they wouldn't say it to your face. I wouldn't tell them that I think their kid has an alien head and if I have ugly kids and I heard someone making fun, yes I'd be offended and I would say something to them but people comment on people all the time behind theit backs and I don't see any difference just because its a kid.

    I'm not hurting their feelings, or the kids, so I'll say what I want.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

  2. #32
    Hit By Ban Bus! ediebrooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In another dimension, untouched by time
    Posts
    6,830

    Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

    Quote Originally Posted by Icepik
    Seriously?

    Take a look at that third picture. Notice how her left eye (our right) is looking right towards the camera and the other is not? It's much further off. They are not centered.
    Yeah, I see what you mean. But I still think she's a cute little girl. It's not her fault she has awful parents.

  3. #33
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    817

    Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

    I think she's adorable

  4. #34
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    25,756

    Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

    I think she's cute too. Even if she does have a wonk eye. It's kind of impossible to tell from just this pic.

    BTW I stressed about operations for my son. He was cute the way he was and the idea that he would look a little different was hard. If there were not legitimate medical reasons for us to have it done with him what he has had done we would have left it alone. I have gotten used to the way he looks now and honestly admit that he does look better/even cuter now that his eyes are *even* and he can open them wide when he needs to instead of having to crane his neck up!

    But it did piss me off before we had it done how my MIL's main concern seemed to be aesthetics and *other kids making fun of/thinking something is wrong with him* (fuck them I say!) I think she felt as if we should have had this done when he was a baby just because god forbid it was an *imperfection* and it was upsetting (more to her than us or him) every time someone would erronously say "Aww....he's sleepy" when he was perfectly awake and not at all tired! But we wanted more opinions first to make absolutely sure there was a real reason to put him through this. (i.e. that it would affect his vision)

    Turned out it was actually better that we waited until he was 5 (when he had the first operation). You never know when a kid's a baby how they're going to grow. With some kids this kind of corrects itself if it's slight.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  5. #35
    Elite Member Bellatheball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    17,107

    Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

    A*O, I agree with you. When you have a child you realize how much goes into making them beautiful. You get to see the smiles, watch them while they sleep, lightbulbs going off when they learn something, you get the hugs and kisses, etc. That makes a child far more beautiful than looks alone. Apple doesn't deserve to be picked apart because she didn't choose to be in the public eye. She's not an actress. She's just a little girl who is enjoying a day out.

  6. #36
    Elite Member sweetrebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    northwest mississippi
    Posts
    5,576

    Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenaj
    I've got to agree with you A*O. Fair enough posters may say so and so needs lipo, or she could do with a boob lift but it makes me feel a bit strange to hear talk of what surgery a little child should have to 'fix' her.

    I'm not entirely convinced she does have a 'wonk' eye either, could just be the way the picture was captured.
    I referenced the surgery to "fix" her as you said because I was concerned about how she would be teased. I also questioned whether there was even a problem with her eye or just the angle she was looking...
    We all know that kids are cruel and would pick on her without mercy-regardless of who she is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball
    A*O, I agree with you. When you have a child you realize how much goes into making them beautiful. You get to see the smiles, watch them while they sleep, lightbulbs going off when they learn something, you get the hugs and kisses, etc. That makes a child far more beautiful than looks alone. Apple doesn't deserve to be picked apart because she didn't choose to be in the public eye. She's not an actress. She's just a little girl who is enjoying a day out.
    For the record, I think she is a darling little girl and I'm sure she is the apple of her parent's eyes! Huge pun intended folks!!
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

  7. #37
    Elite Member Tenaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ant's Pants
    Posts
    3,605

    Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel
    I referenced the surgery to "fix" her as you said because I was concerned about how she would be teased. I also questioned whether there was even a problem with her eye or just the angle she was looking...
    We all know that kids are cruel and would pick on her without mercy-regardless of who she is.



    For the record, I think she is a darling little girl and I'm sure she is the apple of her parent's eyes! Huge pun intended folks!!
    I didn't mean to quote you personally it was just a word that stuck in my mind when replying from quickly scanning through the posts. I didn't pay attention to who I had quoted from

    I'm not 100% sure its 'wonk' eye either.

  8. #38
    Elite Member Tiara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,106

    Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball
    A*O, I agree with you. When you have a child you realize how much goes into making them beautiful. You get to see the smiles, watch them while they sleep, lightbulbs going off when they learn something, you get the hugs and kisses, etc. That makes a child far more beautiful than looks alone. Apple doesn't deserve to be picked apart because she didn't choose to be in the public eye. She's not an actress. She's just a little girl who is enjoying a day out.
    I know what you mean but everyones still entitled to their opinion, like I said I would never go over to Gwyn and Chris, or any parent and say 'ooh hasn't your kid got a funny head' I just saw the pic and decided to comment on what I saw which was an oddly shaped head. Lots of kids have this anyway and they grow out of it. Its not like I said 'Oh my god that kid is hideous she needs surgery STAT!!'

    I personally don't think she's cute, some people do thats fine everyones entitled to express their opinion if they want to. Someones bound to not like it but that doesn't mean they can stop them from saying it.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

  9. #39
    Elite Member Bellatheball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    17,107

    Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiara
    I know what you mean but everyones still entitled to their opinion, like I said I would never go over to Gwyn and Chris, or any parent and say 'ooh hasn't your kid got a funny head' I just saw the pic and decided to comment on what I saw which was an oddly shaped head. Lots of kids have this anyway and they grow out of it. Its not like I said 'Oh my god that kid is hideous she needs surgery STAT!!'

    I personally don't think she's cute, some people do thats fine everyones entitled to express their opinion if they want to. Someones bound to not like it but that doesn't mean they can stop them from saying it.
    I never suggested you weren't entitled to your opinion. I'm just speaking from a mom perspective. Lots of things make babies cute.

  10. #40
    Elite Member Luna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,663

    Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

    I think she's adorable and I'm not just saying that to be nice. I had to go back to notice her eye was a bit off after you guys mentioned it. Sometimes photographs catch peoples eyes off. I'm not sure she has anything wrong.

  11. #41
    Silver Member Laneena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    321

    Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

    She definitely suffers from wonk-itis. The last picture especially...and if the parents don't want another paris hilton on their hands they'll do something about that now...she's definitely a cutie pie, very precious moments in the last picture.
    "I'm gonna go build my own theme park! With blackjack and hookers! In fact, forget the park!"

  12. #42
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

    apple eyes are normal







    [IMG][/IMG]

  13. #43
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,442

    Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

    no they're not,

    & she's ugly!

  14. #44
    Elite Member Icepik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,658

    Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

    Quote Originally Posted by pascoa22
    apple eyes are normal







    [IMG][/IMG]

    Apple's eyes were (slightly) normal, NOW they aren't.

    Obviously, the condition is worsening

    Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball
    I never suggested you weren't entitled to your opinion. I'm just speaking from a mom perspective. Lots of things make babies cute.

    Actually, lots of things about your own baby makes it cute. As a mother, we see the physical, emotional, joyous side.

    A kid on the street, passing by.. they dont get those same rights. They are going to be judged solely on physical appearances

  15. #45
    Bronze Member GooseGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiara
    ^^ But you wouldn't know because they wouldn't say it to your face. I wouldn't tell them that I think their kid has an alien head and if I have ugly kids and I heard someone making fun, yes I'd be offended and I would say something to them but people comment on people all the time behind theit backs and I don't see any difference just because its a kid.

    I'm not hurting their feelings, or the kids, so I'll say what I want.
    So, why not making fun of all the jews who were killed by the nazis? I mean, they don't know it and we're not hurting their feelings, they're dead already, aren't they?

    I think it makes a huge difference if you're talking about a innocent child who doesn't chose to be in the spotlight and doesn't know a bit about her looks or for example someone like Britney spears who makes a joke out of herself.

    It's decency that stops people from doing this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: September 21st, 2006, 02:40 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: August 21st, 2006, 11:44 PM
  3. Apple Martin in NYC with her nanny (03/21/2006)
    By mtlebay in forum Photo Archive
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: April 1st, 2006, 05:51 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2006, 01:58 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: January 4th, 2006, 12:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •