Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

Default Re: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's Apple with a Nanny (02/15/2006)

She's a cute little girl. I don't see this wonk eye you guys are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks
    She's a cute little girl. I don't see this wonk eye you guys are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleHaze
    Seriously?

Take a look at that third picture. Notice how her left eye (our right) is looking right towards the camera and the other is not? It's much further off. They are not centered.

Bronze Member

I think she looks JUST LIKE Chris! Someone else said Chris and Gwyn look alike, I agree. BTW, I thought Gwyn didn't believe in nannies????

-Heavenlee

A*O

Leave the poor kid alone and pray that when you have kids one day they will be as perfect as you are. Grrrrrrrrrrr
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    they can attempt to cut and resuture muscles, but no not really.
    Yes they can fix it. My son had slight hypertropia in one of his eyes and both eyelids *drooped* and has had operations to correct both of these (eyelids and eyes). His one eye with this was also weaker and was initially 20/60 and is now 20/20. There's more than just cosmetic reasons to correct this.

And as for the pain. The spot in his leg where they took a sliver of tendon from one of his thigh muscles was more sore than his eyes. That is what they used to fashion the sling to connect his eyelid muscles. More ideal than the silicone band that was solely used previously (and sometimes has to be replaced years down the road). Even with the other eye operation the only thing that ever bothered him was a slight itchy dry eyedness. But we had drops and ointment for this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

SVZ

i don't think they can repair it when it's at the extent it is in those photos alice posted. at that point i dont think it's just strabismus, but probably some physical deformaties of the conjunctiva as well as some structural deficiencies in the surrounding bone structure.

I know the chances for repairing this successfully does diminish with age. But it's amazing what they can do now. I've seen kids with some of these that were much more pronounced than my son's for whom surgery was successful.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

wonk or no wonk, I think the little apple's really cute, I like the curls:-)

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    Leave the poor kid alone and pray that when you have kids one day they will be as perfect as you are. Grrrrrrrrrrr
    nobody is really making fun or being mean. there is just a discussion on what can or can't be done

A*O

I'm OK with the opthalmic discussion - not with the 'she's not cute' stuff (connected to the opthalmic stuff). Adults are fair game - dunno why, they just are. Kids are not. Not sure why I'm so sensitive about this one - oh well, blame the hormones.
    Dame Edna Everage

I've got to agree with you A*O. Fair enough posters may say so and so needs lipo, or she could do with a boob lift but it makes me feel a bit strange to hear talk of what surgery a little child should have to 'fix' her.

I'm not entirely convinced she does have a 'wonk' eye either, could just be the way the picture was captured.

That kids pretty fugly, she has an alien head. She looks like Chris and Gwynny, they do have a similar alien headness to them!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

A*O

And your kids are totally adorable are they???
    Dame Edna Everage

I don't have any kids, I thought you knew that! But that doesn't mean I can't comment on someone elses, I'm not doing any harm, other people have. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean I have to keep my opinions to myself.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

A*O

sigh - just wait until you have kids darl and you (and all the others who make negative comments) will perhaps have a clue about calling someone else's child an 'alien'. If someone said that about my kids, who are NOT perfect by any means, I would still rip their head off and shove the soggy end up their arse. Ohhhhh I'm feeling very Kill Bill tonite.
    Dame Edna Everage

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information