Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christina Ricci has a smoke outside Mr. Chow (08/27/2006)

She is cute.
    Free Brit.

Very chic outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    People smoke either because THEY'RE ADDICTED or they just happen (like the social smokers I mentioned earlier) to enjoy the whole smoking-while-drinking social aspect of it. For them, 1 pack per week isn't expensive and not really likey to do any catastrophic damage.
    Now I have to ask, what are you smoking?
    Walk the runway. Always.

That dress is awesome. She always seemed cool to me.

Bronze Member

her head looks strange when she's that skinny

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    People smoke either because THEY'RE ADDICTED or they just happen (like the social smokers I mentioned earlier) to enjoy the whole smoking-while-drinking social aspect of it. For them, 1 pack per week isn't expensive and not really likey to do any catastrophic damage.
    Oh, really? Let me guess, you must be one of the social smokers. Recent studies have proven that even smoking just a little bit is unhealthy. Besides, smoking stinks. I hate walking past a bunch of smokers congregated outside and smelling that nasty smell. I hate going to bars and leaving with a scratchy throat and smelling like a pack of Marlboros even though I didn't light up even one cigarette. Smoking is hideously unnatractive and ruins your skin and yellows your teeth.

But I do like Christina Ricci's outfit. She looks very chic.

^^ Pfft. As if drinking alcohol is healthy. All y'all bar-crawlers need to get off your "smoking is unhealthy! it stinks! it ruins your clothes!" high horse. If you were in the bar long enough to have the smoke seep into your hair and clothes, chances are you were there for a while. Drinking alcohol. And engaging in one-night stands, too, maybe? Yeah, how healthy is that lifestlye.

It does stink up your clothes..and hair..and fingers...and breath. And when I look at a pic of her holding a cigarette it ruins that otherwise image of beauty because I imagine that she smells like a dirty ashtray. The fact that drinking alcohol and having one nighters are also unhealthy does not negate this. I don't do any of those, with the exception of my occasional drink (not getting shitfaced and usually red wine). Even if I spilled that entire glass of red wine on myself I guarantee I still smell better than a smoker. I can smell a smoker coming down the hall at work or school even when they're not lit up.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

No matter what any of you say, I still smell sanctimony in some of these posts. I poo on sanctimony.

^^ That's why I poo on it.

It smells better than cigarette smoke, at any rate. Like Grim stated, I could almost understand it if it gave you a good high. That might be worth being stinky if I were stressed enough.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

She has a great body!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    It smells better than cigarette smoke, at any rate. Like Grim stated, I could almost understand it if it gave you a good high. That might be worth being stinky if I were stressed enough.
    When I smoked a cigarette for the first time, it made me high. I was giggling and laughing for a straight 10 minutes, the room was spinning.

I dare say that smoking does in fact give smokers a kind of high. It's hard to explain if you've never smoked, but there is a calming effect when you're stressed. And you do go thru withdrawal when you haven't smoked in a while, so, yeah, cigarettes give us a kind of high. It may not be a mental one, but... well... it's just hard to explain. Besides, some of us do it (did it) because we actually enjoy(ed) smoking: the inhale, feeling the burn, blowing out the smoke, watching it swirl. And there's all kinds of different things to smoke. Pure, natural tobacco is mmm, mmm good! I miss it so...

Isn't it amazing what a difference it makes? Today I had to hotfoot it to work, and after 8-10 minutes of brisk walking, I wasn't huffing and puffing or out of breath at all. It was great! Not to mention I can walk up 3 or 4 flights of stairs without feeling my lungs at work or a kind of tightness in my chest.

Congratulations, lalaland.

Hey, Wicked-Ho, just cuz I go to bars every so often doesn't mean I'm getting shitfaced and cruising for one-night stands, lol. You know what they say about making assumptions. Maybe I am a little sanctimonious, but I never have seen how smoking could be beneficial. My mom smoked like a chimney most of her life, and died of emphysema when I was in my 20s. So my tolerance of this nasty habit is limited, and perhaps close to nonexistent.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information