Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlize Theron @ The Aeon Flux world premiere 12/01/05 Updated!

Default Re: Charlize Theron @ The Aeon Flux world premiere 12/01/05 Updated!

The problem is, they made a live-action movie. Unless they used one of those freaky corset women to do the role (but she couldn't cuz she'd pass out)
    <<<<<------ that's the best pic I could find
    then there's no point in using real people. Aeon Flux anime-style was SO. DAMN. FREAKY. LOOKING! Everything about it was over-the-top and gloriously macabre.

Hey, does anybody remember "120 Minutes," when Mtv was becoming less M and more tv?

Default Re: Charlize Theron @ The Aeon Flux world premiere 12/01/05

Quote Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
    what makes the movie bad, besides the terrible choice of Charlize, is that they completely changed the story. They made it so hokey and unoriginal, which the cartoon series was.

And charlize , while yes, a lovely young woman, is not that Character. hearing her speak her lines in the commericials makes me sick. It should have beeneither a full length anime, or a 3D film with the original voices. If anyone should have played the role, it should have been an unknown, AJ or ...wait for it...Lucy Lawless. She would have been cool.

Aeon isn't supposed to be young and icy gorgeous. She's supposed to be womanly and icy deadly. And deadly and sexy. Charlize doesn't seem sexy to me.
    Totally agree. Charlize is certainly pretty but she doesn't seem sexy or dangerous to me.

dont dig the dark red lips. she looks great of course. but i agree that her look needs to be changed-up. she's looked like this for awhile.

^^ As long as it's a good look, I don't think it necessarily needs to be changed. Especially if it's a classic, gorgeous look!

I could never get over the animating style of what's-his-face in Aeon Flux. However, that same style didn't bother me one bit in Reign: The Conqueror. Perhaps it's because I thought Alexander was totally hot and I really wanted to see him get it on with Haphaestion because that would be even hotter. Even the futuristic women's swimsuit get-up was hot. *shrug* At any rate, it's for that reason that I've never been able to sit through even one Aeon Flux episode in its entirety. I just get so irritated with the design of the figures. And they're not wearing futuristic women's swimsuits either.

Anyway, anime-style anything into live action or any form other than the original...Cardinal Sin! No real people, no 3D. I think people who make any anime feature into a live action movie, show, or anything that's not a 2-D animation of some form, deserve to get beaten to death by wall scroll-wielding fans. And I hate it when there are really obvious computer graphics that are poorly integrated with the more traditional story-board work; like in Gundam Seed, which I could never stand to watch, for that reason. DRAW IT OUT with a pencil and a pen...some professional colored markers. There ya go. And use the computer to animate (and color?) only. If you have to use computer modeling or whatever, use it carefully. Total 3-D only works for Shrek or Final Fantasy, and stuff like that. I swear, if they ever try to redo Evangelion in live action or, god forbid, 3-D, I will kill somebody.

I hated Recess School's Out in part because the figures where modeled by computer instead of by hand, like in the series.

Regardless, Charlize is beautiful. As always. So, for all of you Aeon Flux fans out there, please spare her the wall scroll! She promises she didn't really mean to desecrate the series!

AyanEva

Stunning with the slap on!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

She's such a beauty!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information