Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Catherine Zeta-Jones at the Food Network Awards show (02/23/07)

she's very lovely. but her hands are not unfortunately( well, no one's perfect

Gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    My body and the image I have of it are great, thank you - You on the other hand seem to have definite agression issue that is not tolerated on this talkboard
    Quote Originally Posted by rover23 View Post
    I completely agree with you there. Every individual has a different opinion and therefore should be respected or left alone. Seems like some fellow members feel the need to viciously attack others with different opinion from their own.
    Oh shut the fuck up, you two, and get a thicker skin. GR is not for the thin-skinned. There have been NO "vicious attacks" on this thread. Yet.

Take a dose of your own medicine

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    I thought I'd read every possible insult that could be said towards a woman on this board, but that was definitely a first--LARGE PORES?!?!?! That's classic! I've heard it all now.
    HAHA! Next time my bitch of a co-worker gets in my face, I'm going to snarl at her, "At least I don't have giant pores!".

Beautiful!
    ♥~♥ VISIT MY BLOG! ♥~♥

Bronze Member

All this pore thing now is intriguing me...

Please, I am asking what you think, not asking for anyone to brag or bash anyone about the whole issue...

But how important do you think "pores" are when it comes to judging a person's skin?

I am asking because I've noticed that there are people with zits, acne marks and pits ... and huge pores. In that context, the large pores probably do not "help" at making the face look velvety or anything, but are they, really, a beauty issue?

Then, there are people with very small looking pores (or unnoticeable) but with wrinkles or zits or a few scars.

Then, there are people with perfect skin, but those are very few, I think...?

Then, there are people with no zits, perfect skin in that regard, and large pores. Does having large pores per se look ugly to you? Do you think people notice or care? How many do? How important of an issue it is?

I am asking because, to be honest, I was also surprised to see CZJ's pores, but not really because I think they are a big deal, but, instead, because I thought she had totally velvety skin, from the close-ups in the movies she made. But if I look at her and do not think or pay attention to the "discovery" of her pores, then... her skin is ok. No major marks, wrinkles, whatever (well, she probably had work done, but let's assume that she had not for the sake of judging people's skin).
    And then I see people feeling very differently about how "good" her skin is because of the appearance of her pores in particular?

How big of an issue it is to you and to the people you know?
    Do you know people without noticeable pores?
    Is it a problem for you?
    Do you even judge or look at other people's pores under normal circumstances?

Elite Member

I don't look at people's pores...lol I think your skin looks different depending on the occasion and the makeup you're using. If you're in a hot room or you're outside it's very humid, then maybe your pores are more noticeable because you're sweating. Unless you're centimeters from a person's face, I rarely notice pores. I can spot acne or a zit on someone from across a room, but pores? Never.

People age, it's life. You should be so lucky to age as well as Catherine Zeta Jones and her metabolism is perfect, considering her age and body type. She never was 'skinny' or thin.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Quote Originally Posted by IheartParis View Post
    HAHA! Next time my bitch of a co-worker gets in my face, I'm going to snarl at her, "At least I don't have giant pores!".
    haha, oh yes, women will ALWAYS find SOMETHING to pick on.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyLucy View Post
    People age, it's life. You should be so lucky to age as well as Catherine Zeta Jones and her metabolism is perfect, considering her age and body type. She never was 'skinny' or thin.
    Well said and good point. Catherine's actually got a pretty good shape. She's never been too heavy or too thin and she doesn't have ugly arms....not to muscular or veiny or whatever people have said about other celebrities' arms. Her body is pretty decent. It's a real healthy woman's figure. Averaged sized bust, decent legs and she doesn't looked like silicone or plastic. Even her height is pretty proportionate. She's not short or tall, she's pretty average overall. Any woman would be blessed to have a figure like hers. She was extremely pretty before she had kids and she continues to be even after having had two children. Even when she was pregnant, she looked like a real pregnant woman, not these tiny Hollywood bellies these stars show off because they probably diet even then. Catherine gained weight and even her face got swollen but she seemed like she was loving it. Then she lost the baby weight but it didn't happen overnight.

Considering the fact she's 3 years away from 40, she looks fabulous and she's aging extremely well. Catherine Zeta-Jones is a beautiful REAL woman.

^^^I agree, I think her shape is good.

Boy, it seems like we haven't seen CZJ in a really long time.

As for her pores, I can't talk because mine are huge. I have oily skin, too. Thank God nobody is taking closeup photos of my face, as it would frighten you all.

Funny, my hairstyle looks just like hers in this picture, and I've been thinking about how desperately I need a haircut, yet my stylist has broken her arm
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I'm real glad I dont know pores are, hahaha. That'll just be something else i can focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up, you two, and get a thicker skin. GR is not for the thin-skinned. There have been NO "vicious attacks" on this thread. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    Take a dose of your own medicine
    Come again?? I don't need no stinkin' thick skin medicine. I'm like a croc, baby!

Oh, yeah, and shut up. Again.

I created a monster with my little pores comment, too funny!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information