Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears - Poolside Star Bar Mondrian Hotel (02/17/07)

She looks kind of healthy in the first pic compared to the stick insects she's standing next to.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
    I prove my point. Everyone has their right to an opinion. Just because we don't agree or think Britney Spears should be flaunting herself in such a skimpy bikini which clearly is not flattering to her body does not mean we're rude or think celebrities should be 'sticks'. If I wanted to be like certain members on here I would go on about how overweight Britney is or call her something unnessacary like 'chubby' or 'chunky' the way others go on about the slim celebrities. That's not my style. There is nothing wrong with her body, it's the way she's trying to show off when clearly she's not well or in any state to be out and about partying or being photographed. Physically or mentally she is not quite there. However, those girls she is with are not exactly 'sticks' and there is nothing wrong with their bodies either. The bathing suits they're wearing are much more flattering to their figures. Sorry if I caused offence but everyone's entitled to their opinion and maybe you'll realize that this is no different then making rude comments or gestures about someone who's slimmer than others. But we all agree on one thing, Britney should be focusing on getting her life back together instead of partying poolside at a hotel with hang arounds. Also I read on MSN that Britney may be suffering from either postpartum depression or bi-polar disease. I hope she gets help. Apparently she's reading Brooke Shields book right now on her experience with postpartum. Anyone else's thoughts on this?
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

If I looked like that in a bikini, I wouldn't be terribly unhappy.

She has such a cute face, you forget that sometimes with all her craziness, but she really is a cutie.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

ANC

She needs normal friends.
    Too many idiots, not enough villages.

It is odd how Britney can look bloated in one pic and fit in another. I thought she looked very fit in the umbrella attack pics. One thing is for sure, she is a very dirty girl. Her feet are disgusting. I would be very, very reluctant to lend a suit to her. I'd probably throw it away or sell it on Ebay afterwards anyways.

As for Britney having PPD, who knows? One things for sure, she's been exhibiting this behavior before she had kids. If she does have PPD, no doubt it's been exacerbated by drug and alcohol abuse. many are specualating that she's going to come out and be the new poster girl for PPD. Do the talk shows and try for a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY 'N' NUTS View Post
    Don't put words in people's mouths, that's obviously what you are thinking.

I was just saying she doesn't look too bad in a bikini. Sure she doesn't look like a supermodel...but I don't look at her and cringe in these photos.

Celebs are forced to have incredible bodies and look great all the time, I'm just glad she's not starving herself to death.

She may have something wrong upstairs, I'm not denying that! but in body wise she looks normal to me
    ITA.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

She looks absolutely normal to me. So she has a little stomach on her? She's had two kids. Yay for you f you've had two kids and still have a flat tummy (yadda yadda).I still think she looks great. I love her tan. I don't know anyone who can sit down/lie on one side without a little stomach puckering. It's no big deal. Where else is the skin supposed to go?

I see nothing wrong with her body.

she doesnt look TOOO bad. ive seen worse pics of her

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyLucy View Post
    I read on MSN that Britney may be suffering from either postpartum depression or bi-polar disease. I hope she gets help. Apparently she's reading Brooke Shields book right now on her experience with postpartum. Anyone else's thoughts on this?
    Anything she does toward getting healthy again both physically and mentally is a good sign. Who knows what went on in that marriage? Sounds like a lot of craziness at home and both of them (B and K-Fed) are responsible for it. They need to settle down. Individual and marriage counseling. The prob is that PR flack and "advisors" often directly conflict with what the therapist advises - not as much $$ in "normal" as there is in controversy or outright crazy.

This girl does not know who she is. I don't doubt she screamed "I'm a fake, I'm a fake" I just don't think she went to the extent they say she did. and WTF if she did? Those jerks aren't helping her. If they're letting off steam because she's difficult to deal with that's one thing. But to gossip about someone who's a patient at a facility, that's very wrong on a lot of levels.

Sounds like drug use, post-partum depression and perhaps bi-polar disorder but the b-p diagnosis should come from a highly skilled professional, not a bunch of uneducated and untrained people who are witnessing her depressurizing from all the craziness. I hate the way so many people in this society label people bi-polar when all it is, is that they are very upset and acting out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    If they're letting off steam because she's difficult to deal with that's one thing. But to gossip about someone who's a patient at a facility, that's very wrong on a lot of levels.

ITA. Even letting off steam the person needs to be careful as obviously someone is going to the press. Which isn't helpful to the party in recovery.

I'm also confused as to how come Britney is going out of the facility to AA meetings. I'm surprised that she's allowed out (esp. after the Lindsay "I'm just off shopping" Lohan press); is this normal?

Oh - & if my bod looked like that in a bikini, you'd never get me out of one! Just a shame the inside of her head doesn't appear to be as tidy as her outside.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Not normal at all, it's called rich celebrity privileges Not a way to get better but whatever. They can probably only do so much to handle the girl. She's got a long way to come back from where she was/is.

This is the first photo I have seen in a very long time where I thought she looked decent.

Bronze Member

Hey do you all guyz know that the bikini she is wearing is borrowed from that woman in the pic.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bella View Post
    She looks absolutely normal to me.
    She's not really supposed to look normal. She is supposed to look damn good because she is (was?) a superstar entertainer who has made millions off her looks. (It definitely wasn't her voice.)

After reading some of these posts, I thought well, maybe I was a little too harsh so I went back & looked at the pictures again. Sorry, she looks bloated & too big for the borrowed suit she's wearing. No, she doesn't look immense but that is not a flattering swimsuit and personally, I don't think anybody should wear a bikini if they have a big round belly. She had two kids? Fine. Wear a one-piece until you get back in shape. Otherwise bitches like me are going to make catty remarks.

Britney has done something that I find astonishing. She has succeeded in crowning herself Queen of Low Class because somehow she has managed to get legions of folks to defend her when she constantly appears in public looking like shit. She has managed to to make a limbo game with the standards of appearance for celebs... how low can you go? Is it just too much to ask that you have your darned nails done? I mean, come ON, I'm just a middle-class nobody and I don't run around in public (much less pose for photos) in the summertime with nasty-looking tonails. But that's Brit for ya, she can forego grooming altogether & people will still defend her. It amazes me. She owes more than looking "normal" or "not too bad" or "decent" to her fans.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information