Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears driving with her baby on her lap

Default Re: Britney Spears driving with her baby on her lap

Quote Originally Posted by tulip
    She has a bodyguard with her -- couldn't he have chased away the aggressive papparazzi? There are so many other choices that could have been made.

Obviously, her bodyguard is lacking in the braincell department as well.
    That was my thought as well. What is he there for?
    She's borderline retarded.

**Disclaimer: I am not supporting Britney's decision...**

I wholeheartedly agree that this is STUPID and IRRESPONSIBLE, if the CPS were called, all they would do is investigate. Come to the home, observe how he is cared for. Is he clean? Fed? Does he have bruises...It is against the law not to have a child in a child restraint seat, but all she is gonna get is a ticket-not have her baby taken away.
    Is she stupid? To the n th degree. Does this mean she has or will put him in harms way again? Who knows? I certainly hope not, he is an innocent baby. He can't help it if his parents are idiots...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Silver Member

The more I look at this picture the more sad it is, the poor baby. I would have told my bodyguard to get out and get rid of the papparazzi, then take the drivers seat while I jumped in the backseat and strapped the baby in while just sitting back there with him, meanwhile the bodyguard could drive safetly away, the more I look at this the more stupid I think this is, so scary.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel
    **Disclaimer: I am not supporting Britney's decision...**

I wholeheartedly agree that this is STUPID and IRRESPONSIBLE, if the CPS were called, all they would do is investigate. Come to the home, observe how he is cared for. Is he clean? Fed? Does he have bruises...It is against the law not to have a child in a child restraint seat, but all she is gonna get is a ticket-not have her baby taken away.
    Is she stupid? To the n th degree. Does this mean she has or will put him in harms way again? Who knows? I certainly hope not, he is an innocent baby. He can't help it if his parents are idiots...
    I know what you're saying, they can't take a baby off someone after one incident, but I'm guessing the madness won't end here, Britney is stupid, she won't learn from this.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I brought this up a few weeks ago. There are other stars who appear to be getting into cars without carseats as well. Off the top of my head, Angelina comes to mind. Why is it these stars feel their laps are safer than a car seat? As a mom to a little girl, it would terrify me to be in any car without her strapped in.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy
    If you click on the last picture, you can see that the "bodyguard" took the time to put on his own seatbelt!
    OMG! He did, didn't he! WOAH. And what was her lame ass excuse again? If a normal everyday Joe did something like that, you can bet they would be in jail and paying a huge fine and trying to get their child back from foster care.

That is what she needs. To be scared that her baby could be taken away. It would serve her right. Dumbass Britney.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Rizzo
    She looks like she's SMILING in one of the pics. She sure doesn't look terrified.
    She's smiling cause her son just said his 1st word, "deep fried".
    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2220_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by heather.rn
    She's smiling cause her son just said his 1st word, "deep fried".
    LOL..I would have thought is would be "red bull" or "cheetos"...or hell even "Starbucks"..hahaha! Britney is a moron not only for doing this but doing it right in front of the cameras..duh. Her excuse is bullshit too.

*although I can remember back in the 70's most people did NOT wear seatbelts and there were few if any childseats in cars...been a big change since then*

if she's so terrified of papparazzi why doesn't she send a gopher to get her coffee or gasp, even make some at home

loco
    bum gone bad

Angry Re: Britney Spears driving with her baby on her lap

If she was so threatened by the paparazzi, why the hell is her window rolled down?! It seems to be the case now when celebs get in trouble on the road-blame the paparazzi. This is so ridiculous. If she didn't have a bodyguard with her(or anyone else for that matter that could've put him in his carseat!), I [I]might[I] understand a little more. I still would never condone it and it's extremely dangerous and stupid regardless of the situation. I'm a carseat safety fanatic with my boys. If they aren't strapped in, we don't move. I don't care if we're going two feet, it's just not worth the risk.

There's a reason why it is strongly recommended that young children not be in the front passenger seat, even if restrained in a carseat.(I don't even need to talk about the stupidity of a child in the driver's lap) The airbag can be fatal. I remember a story on Dateline about a little boy around age 5 or so who was wearing a seatbelt being killed when his grandmother hit a curb at 5MPH and the airbags deployed.(his neck was broken) Also, I think it is recommended even for adults to have the seat back as far as safely possible for driving because the airbags can cause injury. A little fender bender could have been tragic for her baby.

This just reinforces her white trash image.

~Leslie

Bronze Member

^^^I totally agree. I am the same way with my kids. Even if we're going the 1/4 mile down the road to the grocery store, I still buckle them up because there is no telling what kind of psycho is driving down the road that day.

Also, what in the hell is the paparazzi going to do if you're in the car? Tap on your window and yell at her to give them a good shot? That's why you roll it up, you idiot. Give me a break. Fleeing for her and her son's lives. Yeah, right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Rizzo
    I don't even buy the whole "aggressive paparazzi" thing either. She looks like she's SMILING in one of the pics. She sure doesn't look terrified.
    My first thought reading that statement was she is trying to cover her ass and blame the paparazzi. She was probably driving the entire time with him in her lap but when photos were taken she had to come up with something to make her look like a victim. Bad choice. Love it if a pic came out showing her leaving her driveway with him in her lap then.
    One of the pics it looks like she is in traffic so she cant be going that fast to get away. you hand the baby over to the passenger and stap the little one in. And what the hell sending your "body guard" into get you coffee, good way for some crazy-ass to break the car window and do some damage to either her or her baby.

Because of a recent incident when I was trapped in my car without my baby by a throng of paparazzi
    When did this happen? And what does it have to do with the price of eggs?

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny
    OMG! He did, didn't he! WOAH. And what was her lame ass excuse again? If a normal everyday Joe did something like that, you can bet they would be in jail and paying a huge fine and trying to get their child back from foster care.

That is what she needs. To be scared that her baby could be taken away. It would serve her right. Dumbass Britney.

They would not take your kids for this. They would issue you a ticket (citation) for failure to properly restrain your child. While it is really stupid and dangerous, it is not "child abuse"...now if she was actually in an accident that may turn into some charges, but still doubt seriously that they would take him away...there has to be some serious shit going on before they remove a child...
    when I was in junior high there was a child being abused-I mean beaten severely-CPS were in and out of the house. Came to school bruised, nasty...they did nothing but a few home visits... they found this child dead-dumped in a field...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

haha sure that kid is cute but were only seeing the side of his face..she really is an idiot..if there was an accident..i honestly don't see how the kid could survive..and I bet she'd put the blame on herself...haha no
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information