Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears crying in NYC (05/18/2006)

Default Re: Britney Spears crying in NYC (05/18/2006)

Have K-fed put to sleep, dear.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

I hate to see pics of people crying, but she should be good and pissed at herself...why the hell was she holding a drink in one hand and her baby in the other, wearing 4 inch platforms??!?! Doesn't she have handlers who can hold her drinks, etc?

It just seems like every day there's something new that happens with her and little Sean Preston...makes me scared for the fact that she and McScuzzbucket have another one on the way.

Tsk...
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I don't feel sorry for Brit AT ALL--she puts herself in ALL these situations.

Four-inch platform espadrilles ARE NOT secure footwear--how are shoes attached to the ankle by ribbons secure enough when you're carrying around your baby?

She's prolly just upset that she thought the coast was clear after the baby lap driving incident and then BANG--this happens.

I noticed she's looking at the camera while crying--I'd be turning my head immediately away--maybe she's just surrendered now and wants our sympathy.

ETA: OMG just ran into this!! http://saveseanpreston.org/
    Last edited by mtlebay; May 19th, 2006 at 10:08 PM.
    Go Habs Go!!

Bronze Member

I am no fan of Brit's, particularly as a mother (I just can't get past her driving with SP on her lap), but my heart is just breaking for her in this incident, especially since she seems so scared. It's really rough being a first-time mom (even if SP is 8 months old), and it's hard enough feeling like you're under a microscope as a mom when you're just some joe-blow. Brit is subject to the WORLD. It can't be easy. I feel for her. I actually feel like I want to give her a hug and comfort her...never thought I'd be saying that!!!!!

ONE thing we can ALL agree on is that Kev is a BAD DAD!!!!!

-Heavenlee
    (who has a 22 month old and EVERYDAY question my ability as a mom)

Silver Member

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9954/00007ta.jpg
    ^
    Awww...That is a very cute pic of the both of them.

I myself and pretty clumsy and can remember being extremely clumsy when I was pregnant. But, when she tripped she was trying to hold SP with one arm and had her drink in the other hand. Come on Brit, let your bodyguard hold your drink.

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator
    I don't think at this point she'll ever recover much in the way of credibility either. Having a sucessful comeback is going to be nearly impossible as long as she does things like her recent antics like posting that bird flipping last night.

That being said I tend to completely lose my mind and go nuclear when I think kids are being abused/neglected/miscared for so if I come across as harsh and strident that is why. But I'm no longer going to reply to the Britney defenders. You guys defending Britney are nearly as aclueistic as Michael Jackson's fans.
    I completely agree with everything you've said in this thread, Gator. And to the person who said to those of us criticizing Britney, something about that we don't know much about Child Protective Services, I would like to point out that i too (like you, Gator) have worked for the State of NH as a Paralegal and did do some work involving CPS--and in addition my best friend is a state CPS social worker. I am quite knowledgeable about CPS issues; in fact the safety, happiness, & well-being of children is a cause that i am quite passionate about. I guess that is why it really rankles me to see Sean Preston under the care of a person visibly (and quite possibly dangerously) lacking basic common sense.

And on the CPS issue: I do not necessarily feel that CPS should swoop in and take Sean away from Britney. I feel that Britney should RECOGNIZE her (incredibly stupid) mistakes and DO SOMETHING to make her a better mother--better aware of various dangers and that sort of thing. What i mean is, there are Parenting Classes that people can take. With all her ridiculous amounts of money, she should be taking some classes. Or, asking for help from a family member or someone! Small example: She could have simply had one of those various members of her "entourage" carry that freaking drinking glass for her! Britney needs HELP--and i hope she seeks it, and betters herself--for the sake of her son AND herself (and impending baby).

To the people who seem to be pointing out that they feel sorry for Britney because of the way that she is so upset because of how badly the media follows her: I say, SHE'S the one that ASKS FOR ALL THIS MEDIA ATTENTION!!! I mean, c'mon here. This woman WENT ON NATIONAL TV (The Letterman Show) TO ANNOUNCE HER PREGNANCY!!!!! I mean, talk about ASKING FOR intrusion into your public life--She's the one FEEDING the media.

Not to mention, the fact that she's in NYC going to "hot-spots" like Tao where she KNOWS the photographers will be. And then she has the audicity to complain about the MEDIA ATTENTION??!! PUH-LEEEEEEEEEASE. Cry me a river, Britney. I mean, simple common sense states, if you don't like something, SIMPLY AVOID IT. I do not like being stung by bees. So, i am going to avoid the bee's nest on my back deck. Britney dislikes photographers--she should AVOID going to places where there'll be lots of photographers. Fairly simple. As my Mom always says, "There's a solution to every problem."

Like Mrs.Marsters has been pointing out, look at how many celebrities there are who have kids, and we have never (or barely) even seen their kids! And, if Britney is SO UPSET about "media intrusion" then WHY DOESN'T she just move away to someplace peaceful to raise her babies?? This a problem worthy of her making the incredibly dramatic statement that she "NEEDS A GUN"?!!!!!?, but yet she does not make any changes in her life to avoid/remedy this problem??!? Julia Roberts (an even bigger celebrity than Britney) moved to New Mexico during her pregnancy and the first year of her kids' lives...And we've barely seen pictures of her kids, and by many accounts, Julia & family were/are pretty much left alone to lead a normal life in NM.

So again, i say, when you GO ON NATIONAL TV to announce your pregnancy (which, in my opinion, is a private matter--Why the heck didn't she just announce it to her family & friends and leave it at that?), then you can't then whine & complain & cry about the "media not leaving you alone" and expect sympathy. Give me a break. My U.S. Marine cousin currently on his 3rd tour of duty in Iraq lost his best buddy over there this past month. If i saw a picture of my cousin crying (or a picture of his buddy's family or friends crying)--THAT would earn my sympathy. Looking at a picture of refugee children in the war-ravaged Middle East who do not have homes, or decent food, safety, or schools to attend--THAT would earn my sympathy. Looking at pictures of people still homeless due to Hurricane Katrina earns my sympathy. Looking at a picture of pampered, doesn't-even-have-to-work, multi-millionaire, several-assistants-available-at-her-beck&call, spoiled Britney crying because of HER stupidity (wearing 4" heel platform shoes secured to her feet only by cloth ribbons, with WAY-too-long jeans wrapped right under the sole and then--WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT!--tripping) and/or her "problems with the media not leaving her alone" is NOT worthy of my sympathy.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

I wish I could give you some kind of award for that rant thank you.
    Sure it's an accident..I completely understand. Also, like Gator, and Dust said..I too go nuclear when it comes to children.

None of us KNOW if she is a good or if she is a bad mother. It is not like it is one isolated incident, but one after another..which makes me wonder..what goes on beyond doors?

Sure, the icecream isn't a big deal..but as you can see he is a rather "large" baby..which isn't healthy. Hell I come from a family of sugar eating "fatties" if you wanna call it that..and I wasn't allowed tons of sugar like that..until I got older..also because it made me hyper..go figure..

I'm not saying I never got anything..sweet..but it was ONCE in a while.
    I really don't understand how something loaded with sugar can help a baby sleep..but W/E.

Accidently...dropping the baby understandable..I get it..I'd hate if I was in the public eye...all the time..all the attention which is why I'D NEVER pursure a career in the entertainment industry..and if I was I'd be like Jodie Foster..it would be rare to ever get a picture of me..

She deserves privacy, but when your hillybilly ass goes ...crashes letterman to announce your second pregnancy within the past year..by a worthless piece of cheating shit, of course it will raise eyebrows you dumbass.

You wanna know why I am so hard on her?
    YOUNG girls look up to this damn idiot..why it is beyond me..oh I did at one point when I was 11..and I remember her parading around half naked..talking about sex...blah blah..great image to young girls britney..good job.

She complains that SHE does not get any privacy..well duh..like I said before you go on letterman, your seen at some pretty well named..or known resturants..that are known to have many celebrities..there..so duh..

Also sure the flashing lights can be annoying...okay..get it..then if that's the case take your dim witted ass..to some remote location where you can rest, divorce k-fug, enjoy your pregnancy, and dropping sean on his fragile head a few more times..

Until then please don't complain about the media, you deserve no SYMPATHY. You have opportunitys many of us would kill for.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

The kid looks happy, healthy and loved. She's made some mistakes but what parent hasn't blah blah.

You wanna know who IS a bad parent? TOM CRUISE!!! Read Lron's advice for child rearing, now THAT is outright abuse. I have no idea why the media isn't talking about this shit.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

^^ maybe cuz Suri hasn't been seen by the public yet and you can't really prove what Tom Cruise is doing wrong behind the doors?

Lemme tell you who is a worse parent than Tom Cruise...

Michael Jackson!!!!!

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by savansa
    You wanna know who IS a bad parent? TOM CRUISE!!! Read Lron's advice for child rearing, now THAT is outright abuse. I have no idea why the media isn't talking about this shit.

I'm more baffled as to why no one ever calls out Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne for their bad parenting. When you see how desperate the media and public are when it comes to certain celebs, them being ignored just seems weird to me.

But they don't exactly have 'kids' anyone. Any criticisms would relate to the past, and that's boring, so I'm not surprised nothing is said.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by bella
    But they don't exactly have 'kids' anyone. Any criticisms would relate to the past, and that's boring, so I'm not surprised nothing is said.

If Tom Cruise's, Michael Jackson's, or Whitney Houston's teenage kids went to rehab or carried on like the Osboune kids did, the media and public would be all over their asses. To me it just came across as "It's not "in" to hate on Ozzy and Sharon, so we don't give a shit."

To her credit, photographers DO stalk her no matter where she goes.
    And it ends there, everything else is her fault. She actually likes the media attention (reads tabloids, sometimes goes places knowing she'll be photographed by them)--until it portrays her negatively. It's vanity and if she were mature adult at all she would find a reasonable way to deal with it and not let it intrude on her life to this extent. She's certainly got enough resources. Too bad you can't buy brains or common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazeleyed_Honey
    http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9954/00007ta.jpg
    ^
    Awww...That is a very cute pic of the both of them.
    It is... that is, if you can overlook Brit's underwear
    Nope.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information