Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears crying in NYC (05/18/2006)

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Re: Britney Spears crying in NYC (05/18/2006)

I wouldn't think you do kdkonrath. I think it's just that Angie gives some ppl the impression that she's doing all those charity work and adoptions for the publicity etc.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I was being sarcastic, because other people who shall remain unnamed..have refered to her as having children of the rainbow..so I was simply being a smartass and responding to that. I have A LOAD of respect for Angelina, and people like her that are willing to get up off their ass, and not just donate money, but phyiscally help out those who are less fortunate. I think adopting children of different races, isn't a bad thing at all.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    I wouldn't think you do kdkonrath. I think it's just that Angie gives some ppl an impression that she's doing all those charity work and adoptions for the publicity etc.
    I do have a "rainbow collection." I think it is an offensive way to refer to children OF COLOR. Just MY OPINION.

I'm a person of colour myself but I can accept that I'm not of the norm and I can make fun of myself about my colour. Don't take it so personally what other ppl say about celebs.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I was being sarcastic because someone ELSE here..has referred to her as HAVING RAINBOW children..I guess because adopting nonwhite children..is a sin. *sarcasm*. I don't see anything wrong with her adopting children of a different race..more power to her.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters
    I was being sarcastic, because other people who shall remain unnamed..have refered to her as having children of the rainbow..so I was simply being a smartass and responding to that. I have A LOAD of respect for Angelina, and people like her that are willing to get up off their ass, and not just donate money, but phyiscally help out those who are less fortunate. I think adopting children of different races, isn't a bad thing at all.
    I have that person on my ignore list, I just didn't want to put everyone on my ignore list, know what I mean?? As a mom to children of different races, I just think it is an offensive way to decribe little kids. I am not trying to start anything, I just want you to know how I feel, in a nice way.

And I am pregnant and hormonal. :cries:

You guys are making me curious who this particular poster is!

haha, I was being sarcastic, I honestly don't look at the children in that way..I wasn't trying to upset you in anyway way. Sorry. I was just being a smartass because I thought the original comment was stupid.

I really don't think it's wrong to adopt a child of a different race..at all..I'm a minority..myself..haha a mutt to be exactly..and I was just being a smartass because of the stupid comment the other person made..just wanted to point out how STUPID it sounded, and was.sorry to have offended you.

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters
    haha, I was being sarcastic, I honestly don't look at the children in that way..I wasn't trying to upset you in anyway way. Sorry. I was just being a smartass because I thought the original comment was stupid.

I really don't think it's wrong to adopt a child of a different race..at all..I'm a minority..myself..haha a mutt to be exactly..and I was just being a smartass because of the stupid comment the other person made..just wanted to point out how STUPID it sounded, and was.sorry to have offended you.
    You are very kind, and all is well. I appreciate that. Maybe if I had the fortitude to say that to the other poster referring to children in that way, maybe I wouldn't have to put them on my ignore list. I just hate conflict, believe it or not!!

okie dokie.

me and hubby are different in our skin colours so I guess I may produce some rainbow children, too!

(sorry it shouldn't be made fun of but yea don't be afraid to tell someone what they are saying isn't right!)
    Last edited by moomies; May 19th, 2006 at 05:48 PM.

Default Re: Britney Spears crying in NYC (18/05/06)

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks
    She's probably crying because the paps seem determined to portray her as a lousy mom. I kind of feel sorry for her.
    Same here. I am starting to feel bad for her.

Elite Member

Ha Britney defender is funny. Hardly! More specifically I am defending other mothers who deal with the daily joys & struggles of being a mother -not to the extreme of drving while baby on lap, but other mistakes are common and not chronicled on the front page of the NY Post. I feel sorry for her in that respect.

I don't defend her stupidity of walking around in trashy clothes and long jeans that you are bound to trip in - your asking for trouble. A lot of times its easier to carry your baby than drag the stroller out for a quick run to the store. However, she's got a few goons to do her dirty work, so she has no excuse

I'm sure some of you are 'perfect' mothers as you claim...... my hats off too you. I have never met one nor am I perfect myself.

Hello! To all who are feeling sorry for Britney:

No one who keeps making the same mistakes over and over and REFUSES TO LEARN FROM THEM, is deserving of any sympathy. She needs to feel the full brunt of this media nightmare, understand that it's a consequence of what she's doing and CHANGE IT FOR THE BETTER.

Believe me, I've met plenty of people who are just as irresponsible, and I'm just as unsympathetic. Sympathy only supports their misconception that nothing is wrong and it's always someone else's fault. Nobody is perfect at anything, but everyone can sure as hell accept responsibilty and learn from their mistakes to improve their situation.

I feel bad for her. I wonder why she's so upset? Cause she's sick of being hounded and nagged about her kid I guess.

Maybe she's feeling like she can't do anything right cuz she was photographed the moment she was tripping and thinking how she's lonely/alone that Kfed is nowhere to help her etc.

She looks really sad. Be strong Britster!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information